Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin repair

Options
  • 21-08-2023 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi all,

The charging point on my Garmin 520 Edge is broken. I found a lot of online services but all based in the UK. Since Brexit is shipping to UK a bit hit and miss and I don't want to get hit with additional VAT & Custom charges.

Any idea if there a repair service that would do this in Ireland. I don't want to go to Garmin Retail points as all they will do is try to flog me a new bike computer and I am not int the market for a new one. Definitely not a very expensive one.

Thanks!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

How old is it? It's worth reaching out to garmin and asking. I've done the same a couple of times and they're usually sound to deal with even when out of warranty. They might offer a return for a factory refurbished computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Bertje14

I bought it second hand in 2020. I think it was 2 years old then maybe 3 so definitely out of warranty. I did contact them when my Fenix3 decided to go and I though the deal they gave me then was really all that good. Might give them a shout you never know. thanks for the feedback.

If I was a handy man I would fix it myself but I am not so not even going to try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Definitely worth getting in touch with Garmin.

I'd an issue with my Wahoo Bolt v1 recently which was out of warranty by a couple of years. I contacted Wahoo and they offered me a 40% discount code which was decent enough, imo. I'm sure Garmin would make a similar offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

I would totally get in contact with Garmin. I had a second hand 520 which was way out of any warranty and developed issues. They were extremely helpful and did a rake of trouble shooting to try fix it before offering me a refurbished one which I had to pay about 80 quid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭jamesd

I had a 1030 melt when charging just out of warranty, mailed them with pics and they replaced it with a refurb free of charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Garmin charging ports seem to be very poor quality, have had 810's let in water and rust. The 820 tabs seem to break and stop charging. They don't last long after getting refurbishment/replacement either

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Bertje14

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Apologies for the delayed response. I got full charge out of the Edge so it wasn't an issue for a week 😉

I will contact Garmin and see what they say.

Thanks again

Advertisement