Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ThePott

Step down from recent Raws for me.

Nice to see Gable getting further build up. Glad that Nakamura is getting a shot. I think a Drew/Riddle tag team (GlasBros) could be good but Drew definitely is directionless right now. I think we could be getting the tag division built up again if they manage to sort Owens/Zayn out, there was a DIY tease on socials too.

Women's tag titles, Chelsea makes the most of her time it must be said. Glad they're not being stripped, even if Piper just showing up and declaring herself champ is a bit dumb (although nice Piper has something to do). Becky and Trish was a waste of time building for another match. I've only caught Becky's constant lemons/lemonade riffs after Triple H's comments are gas.

The Judgement Day stuff is interesting but not sure is now the time to break them up, felt like it didn't really get furthered this week tbh. JD McDonagh is getting involved, there's tension still there but by the end it didn't really make clear where it's going. Like I said a bit of step down from recent Raws.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

I’m wondering could they throw a curve ball and have JD turn on Balor with the help of the Judgement Day.

Sami definitely has lost momentum since Wrestlemania. Not helped by KO’s injury. Would love to see him as the current champ on Raw dethroning Rollins.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I just don't see the purpose in splitting Judgement Day when they didn't put the belt on Finn at SummerSlam.

I'd kind of like to see Maxxine turn on Gable next week and set up a payback match. No idea what the card is going to be there and we're only a few weeks out. Nakamura/Rollins presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have to say Gable's finisher doesn't look like much. Just looks like a slow suplex which you would expect to have less impact.

Adam Pearce making a cage match so there'll be no interference. Seems there is more cases of interference in cage matches than not.

Lita never came back for revenge yet.

So do New day lose their first match back or will there be interference from the Street Profits or someone?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Tbh the booking of Becky and Trish has been awful. And now it's playing out exactly like the ending of Becky's feud with Damage Control.

The sooner they move on and Rhea gets a proper opponent in Becky the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I have to laugh as the briefcase always goes against Finn

Maybe JD and Finn for the tag titles which with KO out are not getting a mention while Chelsea was given a new partner in Piper

I agree the men's tag titles and Sami have lost momentum and his over uceiness since WM

I am enjoying Imperium Vs. Alpha Academy

What the hell was Seth wearing, a curtain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Seth and his wardrobe annoys the hell out of me.

I've never really taken to him if I'm being honest.

I hope Gunther's IC title match against Chad Gable is the main event

Chad deserves another IC title match at Payback or another ppv

Shinsuke Nakamura got me invested now in him vs. Seth

• Advertisement

Much better than last week for me. Lots of positives this week.

Gable getting the first singles win over Gunther on main roster is amazing, he looked a star too, that suplex over the barricade was sick. Don't think he's getting the title at Payback cause apparently Gunther doesn't pass Honky Tonk Man till after Payback, not a fan of people holding titles for the sake of breaking records but Gunther's run has been so great and we haven't had a long IC run in ages but would be okay with Gable being the one to beat Gunther, since Sheamus isn't going to be the one :(

Rhea calling the shots and trying to keep order in Judgement Day is great and I think the tensions still being there is a good call, don't think it's time to break them at all. Finn constantly being hit with the MITB briefcase is my favourite running joke, burst out laughing when he got hit with it this week as I thought it was gone backstage. Rhea and Raquel could slap too, Rhea needs a feud for herself too especially when she has the belt. Also Cody calling JD a Funko Pop, damn haha. The main event was alright but a bit house show for me. Glad KO is back and hope those titles get defended now cause they've been pointless since Mania if we're honest.

LA Knight/Miz is still a great feud and if it means Tozawa gets a win even better. That Shinsuke promo was amazing and almost has me believing he could get the title, don't think he will but man that would be awesome.

The Trish Becky feud really is dead in the water, a dream feud that failed to reach high hype

Did KO get injured again for real?

Agreed, the feud has gone on too long and got repetitive, I also don't think Trish and Becky have great chemistry, they don't really play off each other that well. Good for Zoey Starks to get exposure but the feud needs to just end already.

I haven't heard of KO getting injured again, he only returned from injury last night but if he's gone again those belts need to be stripped.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fans screaming we don't f'n care at Trish & Becky damn.

If Seth's back really is that bad two fractures of his spine for so long he really is a f'n ejit for not getting it fixed years ago.

She turned on them first so not sure if the chant was at her or the segment. Probably both.

Rhea should've been part of the JD team since she could get in loads of offence without Kevin or Sami fighting back.

Can the MitB contract be cashed in on the tag titles?

People that were there live on Reddit said it was because she mocked the Quebecois people and that the chant was more of them hoping for Trish to shut up and get beaten up by Becky but who knows, that promo wasn't great either way and maybe that person is projecting.

It's about bloody time one of the guys took out Rhea, Orton needs to return to RKO her, she can take them out so same vice versa should be allowed

• Advertisement

On the Payback go home show Becky Lynch takes on Zoey Stark in a Last Woman Standing match, Chad Gable works his way toward another shot at Intercontinental champion Gunther when he faces Imperium’s Ludwig Kaiser, The New Day battles Viking Raiders and Tommaso Ciampa goes one on one with Bronson Reed

Yeah for Miz's impression, Hell Yeah 👏 definitely the best build feud for Payback in a short time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

Never a great Miz fan but that was his best bit for a while 😂

Zoey vs. Becks was more a Hardcore Funk match, decent main event actually, just hope Payback ends Trish Becky feud

I see Becky and Seth had armbands for Bray, nice touch

Chad Gable is so over, I do hope he takes the title from Gunther at a ppv match as deserves a big ppv win moment not on Raw

I thought the IC match was meant to be on Payback.

Under the law of reverse momentum, it looks like Gable could win. But I'd say they'll let Gunther keep the title.

Damn, I'd love if Nakamura won.

HHH doesn't want a stacked ppv so the IC match is on Raw next week

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Becky looks very gaunt at the moment.

Was she crying about Bray at the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

Advertisement