Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,943 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

So not a racist then.

As proven by Obama picking him as VP and him accepting a subordinate position. And him picking Kamala Harris as VP and her accepting.

Their actions speak volumes.

To which you obviously have no credible response.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭geospatial

Their actions speak volumes about politicians making choices based on whether it helps to get them elected or not. Surely you're not so naive to believe otherwise?

Joe Biden helped Obama get elected as he appealed to racist white voters in the south ,who regarded Joe as one of them. Unless you believe Robert E Lee was an admirable figure as Biden did, or that confederate flag wavers were "fine people".

Kamala Harris was chosen because she was a woman, Joe Biden said he was choosing a woman VP from early in the campaign. Kamala made her views of Joe quite clear during the democratic debates when she reminded him of his racist past.

The whitewashing of Biden's past is a bit pathetic. America made enormous strides towards racial equality and a just society in the 1960s, a lot of that was undone from the 1970s to 1990s, and that reversal was due to segregationists and their enablers like Joe Biden. Time for the democratic party to move on from figures with that kind of baggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The whole reason Biden picked Harris was for racial reasons.

He announced in advance that his Vice Presidential choice would be a woman

in 2019 he said that "he would prefer someone who was “of color and/or a different gender"

He picked Harris because of these reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

So you believe he's making lucrative profits via a conspiracy with his son that nobody can prove and he's secretly being controlled by a cabal. He sure does do a lot that seems to be contradictory according to your own views. It's almost as if it's veering into the world of conspiracy theories...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Picking someone because of their identity politics? No POTUS ever did worse

Taking the stage Saturday night at a North Carolina rally to chants of “Fill that seat,” the president said he would nominate his selection despite Democrats’ objections. And, after conducting what he joked was a “very scientific poll” of the Fayetteville crowd as to whether supporters wanted a man or a woman, he declared the choice would be “a very talented, very brilliant woman.”

Perhaps you should campaign for Ranked Choice.

• Advertisement

Is there a point in there?

He is accused of being a racist. He picked someone who was African-American, it wasn't like he didn't know that about her.

So not a racist then.

This whole angle is self-discrediting nonsense, without merit or foundation.

Joe Dark Brandon Biden, reformed racist. /shrug

There was a time in US politics where cheering too awkwardly could make you unrelatable and end your race for president.

We are not in those times. The opposition doesn't even believe in the Republic anymore, they are fascists, we are way past the point where I get to be a choosy prick over whether the fascists or the people preserving the democracy both or either said the worst racist thing or had the least embarrassing political scandal from 30 years ago.

It didn't help that 2020 was one of the highest points for racial tension in decades, and that his opposition made their position painstakingly clear and it was not for free speech or anything of the sort.

2020, hmm I wonder what happened that year.

Oh yeah those peaceful protests, which resulted in 2 billion dollars of damage, cities on fire, murders, murderers bailed out of jail by Democrats, etc.

Amazing how all those peaceful protests disappeared once they had served their purpose into galvanising the black vote for Uncle Joe.

3 years BLM has been exposed for what many said it was, a grift.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,713 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

What has Trump's racism got to do with Biden, exactly?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

So he's such a racist he is happy to go along with getting a black man elected to the highest office in the land, just so he can be VP? Did he not notice the colour of Obama'a skin??? What a racist!

So these died in the wool racists are going to vote for a black candidate are they, elected to the highest most powerful office in the land - merely because there's a white guy in a subordinate position on the ticket? What racists!

He picked Kamala Harris as a woman. Right. Did he just not notice, as a supposed racist, the colour of her skin then??? What a racist!

Nope, no naivety. Just I can see through a transparent argument and such actions carry more weight than your 'baggage'.

America made enormous strides towards racial equality over that period. So the net result of this racist Joe Biden's actions in this century is... the election of Obama - in which Biden played an important role in 'enabling'. Just as he did in selecting Harris as VP. And all the other appointments Biden has made of people from outside Biden's ethnic background, in his administration, to federal offices, to the courts. That's the present politics which Biden enables. Nor has there been any substantive criticism of Biden's administration in terms of racist policies. And this is the thread to discuss Biden's presidency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,601 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

So.. what you're saying is that the current president of the U.S. is racist, and an institutional one too.

Therefore, surely racism is alive, and very well also given that a racist can achieve the position of POTUS.

Objectively, one would say that completely justifies BLM's existence and legitimises their current day grievances.

So tell me, did you set out to prove this when you posted, or was it unintended?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Joe Biden was not invited to Barrack Obamas famous 60th birthday bash at the 'no refugees welcome' location of Martha's Vineyard. Apparently the man who is constantly on vacation was too busy.. lol

Despite what anybody says now, Joe Biden has never been a popular political figure among Democrats. And Barrack does not like him 👌

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,713 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

What's your point, assuming that this is true?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Obama wore a tan suit for the occasion

you really wanted the leader of the free world to associate with a tan suit? Nice try!

It's not like he was doing anything important that week, like passing the most prolific infrastructure bill in a generation:

Or getting ready for the utter storm.

But now that a user is bored, it's suddenly bad optics that Biden didn't go to this party that happened 2 years ago. Fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭geospatial

Indeed it is the Biden presidency thread, which means we get to criticise him, especially thise of us who voted for him.

So your argument is that Biden could not have been racist as he ran on the ticket with a black man, and could not be racist because he chose a black woman as his running mate? Surely you see how nonsensical that argument is? It's on the same level as Trump could not be anti-semitic as he has a Jewish son in law. If Trump chose Tim Scott as his running mate, would that mean he is not a racist? If he chose Nikki Haley, I suppose he is neither a racist nor a sexist according to your logic.

For all the gushing on this thread about Biden's accomplishments, here is the reality. He is at 40% approval rating, the worst of any president at this stage of his tenure since Jimmy Carter. Of course he is popular with Democrats and hated by Republicans, but it is independents who decide elections, and his apporval rating is at 33% with that cohort, the largest voting block in the country. The typical approval rating of sitting presidents among Independents is north of 55%, that's a disasterous rating.

Even more astonishing Biden is either tied with or behind Trump in the polls, an opponent who has four federal indictments against him involving more than 90 charges, has been convicted of sexual assault, and is likely the most hated politician in US history.

Why is this the case? Because Biden is simply a very poor candidate, doesn't connect with people, and his almost daily gaffes/insane utterances/lies/made up **** have made a mockery of the position of US president, not that dissimilar to Trump actually.

The American public would love alternative candidates in 2024 instead of these two late stage geriatrics, but neither party are willing to give them that. Republicans are afraid of Trump's base, and Democrats are afraid that Biden is the only one who can beat Trump. It's truly pathetic.

Post edited by geospatial on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Joe Biden and Trump are both racists because they are old white men.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

He sure does.

"Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you're a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible."

Democrats did a surprisingly good job taking the whole "Let's go Branden" and turning it around.

(I know it was people on Twitter that did it but you get the point).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,613 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Joe has been very popular within Democratic circles the entirety of his time in elected office. And he and Obama clearly had a very close relationship.

Although, when you support a President who enticed his supporters to set up a gallows and call for the hanging of his vice-President, I'm not surprised when you don't have the capacity to judge what constitutes a close and valued relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

There you are now, spouting the cabal/handlers bull again. Just holding you to account when you call people liars

I'm just going to leave it now. You can't name a single policy you'd like to discuss despite this being what you said you wanted.

I have discussed plenty of his policies in the past.

Why is Bidens approval rating so low if his policies are so good ?

Geospatial made a good post yesterday

"For all the gushing on this thread about Biden's accomplishments, here is the reality. He is at 40% approval rating, the worst of any president at this stage of his tenure since Jimmy Carter. Of course he is popular with Democrats and hated by Republicans, but it is independents who decide elections, and his approval rating is at 33% with that cohort, the largest voting block in the country. The typical approval rating of sitting presidents among Independents is north of 55%, that's a disastrous rating.

Im sure this will somehow be dismissed as just a poll or not fact or some other tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Indeed. Just a load of unsubstantiated stuff from yesterday. Can't really do anything with that.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

As has been discussed repeatedly on this thread before , Approval ratings are not the same as Voting intentions.

If you look at the polling about voting intentions , Biden has a solid lead among Independent voters pretty much across the board and indeed overall.

Being unhappy with one side does not automatically mean that voters are going to vote for the other guy.

Barring his being legally blocked from running, the GOP seem certain to put Trump forward as their candidate in 2024 and Biden wins that match up in the majority of polling right now.

The Economy is doing better and better each month - More Jobs , Higher wages , Lower Inflation etc. so Bidens "story" will continue to improve.

Trumps "Story" will remain the same - He will continue to claim the last election was fixed and that he was robbed ad infinitum. If you don't believe his bullsh!t now you never will.

It's far more likely that those Independent voters will just get tired of his petulant lies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

I'd imagine the ridiculous amount of money the USA have committed to Ukraine under the Biden Presidency would piss off a lot of US voters.It must be depressing for American's that both political parties in the USA are so committed to spending money on foreign wars and not trying to fix the multitude of problems within the USA itself.

Advertisement