Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband switch deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I am switching from VF to it next week. I have Eir my UAN last week they said the transfer will be flawless and I don't need to do anything else.

Is this true or do I need to contact VF myself to confirm closure of their service?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Posh Boy

Hi All,

Looking to switch myself in the next couple of weeks. Currently have Sky 1Gb FTTH. The last few years I've been swopping between Sky and VF to get the best deal.

I've just seen deals from both Pure and Digiweb using a Bonkers search too. Has anyone used them in the past? What was the service like in terms of speed and reliability? And, of course, what was their Customer Service like?

Funnily, even though I currently get 1Gb apparently Eir can offer a max speed of 90Mb to my address - go figure!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,444 ✭✭✭Nollog

Yes, its all on the eir network, open eir will sort the switch over in the background.

Eir use different FTTH infrastructure, digiweb (they're fine, tho ive personally never been with them), pure (great, if a little "irish" aka everything is talking over the phone), Vodafone all use Siro.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭feargantae

Anyone know if the yearly price increase bs that Vodafone/eir have started apply for the first 12 months of the contract?

I heard that it doesn't apply for the first year as a customer but then applies from each April afterwards.

A user here said they got the increase a couple of months in a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭jusvi2001

I signed up with Eir in January but my prices increased from April onward.

I agreed to switch to Eir from VF.

The switch is due to happen next week.

Can you change your mind and stop the swichover anyone please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Posh Boy

I thought that with all of these contracts there was a 14 day cooling off period where you can change your mind without penalty. As long as you're within that period it should be as simple as calling them up and telling them you've changed your mind

When they tried a price increase with me I called them and said I just signed a contract for x amount and now your putting the price up that seems wrong

I was able to get a further discount applied so when the increase came in it didn’t impact me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

There should be unless you have waived the cooling off period.

Yes the increase was a breach of contract meaning you could have walked in which case the provider was probably more than happy to apply a discount and retain your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭chonix

Bit offtopic but considering again to switch to EIR fibre to home. Anyone from D6 that can tell me how's it?

Anyone know please is there a cooling off period for Eir fibre and tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Gardener

From their website:

Cooling Off Period

You may cancel on line, telephone and door to door sales orders within 14 calendar days following receipt of your goods, or in the case of services, from the date your service was installed. Please see the Cancellation Form here to cancel your order.

Every single item or service (which has a contract of some sort) you buy within the EU over the phone or internet has a 14 day cooling off period.

So yes.

I switched to sky and they decided to change my go live date from today to last Saturday at 2am, taking over the siro line without even sending out the hub.

Something to watch out for I guess. They gave me credit for a few days without any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Hi,

I am with Vodafone and the contract is ending on 28th Aug.

I ordered Sky broadband for €30 a month and received the router etc. The "Go Live" date was yesterday, but it says "In progress ".

My questions are:

1. Does the services go live as soon as I plug in the Sky router?

2. Does Vodafone penalise you if other company takes over the Siro line prior to the contract end day, 28th Aug in my case?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Wish I thought of that when it came around in April - there's no way to get out of the contract with them now is there? My contract is up in January but Eir have increased year on year and I want out now if I could.

1. The instructions say dont plug in the hub until the live date (no idea why it would matter), but when i had them for DSL, the service didn't go live until I connected it.

2. Vodafone don't seem to have charged me so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Give them a call and ask for a discount. They can only say no. I'm assuming your issue is the cost increase? Maybe mention Vodafone rewarding loyalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Does anyone have any experience with switching Virgin Media from one householders name to another to get a deal on a new user? I am wondering how to do it to minimize downtime.

Is it possible to get an overlap of services, eg: Cancel current subscription on the 5th of September, start new subscription on the 4th, to avoid any downtime. I doubt it would be possible somehow. Maybe cancel at midnight on the 4th and start new subscription at 12:01 on the 5th?

Edit: or is my best bet to just ring and try to haggle until I get a deal that matches the new users offer?

I just switched from Vodafone to Sky. And all is working well. I received a phone call from Pure Telecom that Sky prices will increase in October and again next year.

I have 12 months contract with Sky 500 Mbps for €30 a month. Could they increase prices every few months?

Thanks.

Ring sky and ask them if it’s true

I wouldn’t believe another company

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭shalom

I was asked by Pure to get my usc number from sky to move . When I asked Sky for it they told me that Pure would not be able to use the usc number that they had. I nearly fell for it and was going to hang up. (pure told me they needed this ) I told the guy on the phone, give it to me anyway. Needless to say it worked when pure had to do the changeover. If I were in your position I would phone sky and get confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭Damien360

I had to get comreg involved for my switchover from Virgin to Vodafone. No fault of Virgin whatsoever, just incompetence on the part of Vodafone. Couldn't recognise the UAC number and wanted another. There is only one number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I am after giving Pure telecom the heave-ho today because I renegotiated my contract to go back onto 35e a month for another year and they didn't honour it, just kept sending me more bills for 50 per month. I worked in this industry before and reckon it's done intentionally because they make phuck all money off you while you're on the introductory tariff.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

With Pure for over a year. Good for customer service. Irish based support staff that you can get through to easily.

Had a billing issue which they fixed immediately.

Had an issue during the warm weather in June. Heat cracked the fibre optic connector on the outside wall. A common occurrence seemingly - those parts are defective and fail quite a bit it seems . Reported it on the Friday of a bank holiday weekend and they fixed it 8am on Tuesday morning.

Speed good. Router is Fritzbox which has a good few user editable settings.

I am on Sky broadband. I can't seem to find "create guest WiFi" that was very useful on Vodafone. It basically allows you to have two different WiFis, one for yourself and the other for guests where password sharing is OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭R11

I switched to Pure but they didn't send me out a Fritzbox router.....just one of those crappy ones that Eir use....I wonder have they stopped using them?

Advertisement