Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I mentioned nothing about other people off setting Charles’ carbon foot print but wind up and deliberately ignore my point all you like Boggles. You can ignore the part of the article you posted where it is pointed out by Clarence House that they do off set which I was making reference to.

They don't really though, that's a lie they tell people so they can continue with their gross polluting opulence.

You think I hate Meghan? I don’t 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

It's incredibly lazy to assume that reasonable criticism of a public figure is hate. I don't think anything I (and others conveying similar sentiments) have written in criticism of either of them is borne out of hatred and it is certainly not on the same level displayed and pushed by yourself and others towards the "psycho" or "bitch" relatives of H&M for example.

The good thing about this particular forum is that it isn't an echo chamber and is especially devoid of H&M conspiracy guff (i.e. peddled by people eslewhere who actually genuinely hate them). It is quite telling that you jump all over reasonable thinking criticism but when posters push rubbish like ridiculous conspiracy theory shite (e.g. the "William and Charles pulling security in Canada because they want Meghan dead" classic) you're terribly quiet because it feeds what is your blatant bias. But I'm the hater. Interesting.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

The Queen Mother saying that Wallis killed her husband IS a fact. She is on record as saying it.

It doesn't mean that it's a fact Wallis killed the king. Not a single person on this thread thought that. His death is recorded as a heart attack complicated by advanced lung cancer.

With regard to the Nazi saluting. Before Hitler invaded any country, everyone was saluting nazi style when in Germany. 6 months AFTER Wallis and David did their tour of Germany the England football team were over there and they all Heil Hitlered too. So did all the British attaché staff and diplomats of the time until everyone had to leave Europe in a hurry. This is conveniently forgotten though.

Where Wallis and David did fcuk up though was after Hitler invaded France they both continued to openly support and admire him, right thoughout the war, even AFTER he was bombing Britain. That for a former king of the realm was pretty awful. But even then the book is fair that most of the world had no idea of the atrocities Hitler was committing, including David. However even when those atrocities were emerging, and decades later, David still openly admired Hitler. David is on record saying that the UK should have given Hitler what he wanted and "had he still been in charge, there would have been no war with Germany". Make of that what you will.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Australia are still part of the British Commonwealth but becoming increasingly more fed up with that status. There has been rumblings amongst republican politicians for years in Australia now.

William and Kate's most recent tour of Belize, Jamaica and the Bahamas wasn't exactly a rousing success and had a bit of a whiff of colonialism about it to put it mildly. I know it would have been William attending a match and not an official tour but it could well have been advised against for fear of a republican backlash towards the monarchy. Right now I'd say the Palace are being very cautious and safe because Charles is not nearly as popular as his mother was in the role.

Will you stop for God sake.

Your staunch defence of everything RF at the expense of these 2 "celebs" is comical and weird in equal measure. Made far funnier because you firmly believe your opinions are reasonable. They aren't.

You have written reams of largely fantasy demonising the pair of them especially Markle.

I have been pretty clear IMO, they are all self entitled díckheads with Markle probably being the only half normal one of them.

But bias something something. 🙄

• Advertisement

Both hamstrings gone with that stretch.

He is the President of the FA, no one would have batted an eyelid if he went to the game, because primarily it's his duty as President. Just stop oil or other militant dickheads may have said something but they are basically seen as terrorists in the UK at the moment.

He didn't go because he doesn't deem womens football important enough, it's as simple as that.

The Queen Mother (and her mother in Law, Mary of Teck) were reportedly horrible snobs and that's the main reason that Wallis wasn't acceptable.

Even people with titles often didn't match up to their exacting standards. It's worth remembering that way back in the mists of time, It was the QM that was instrumental along with Camilla's granny who was a lady in waiting, and that other snob, Mountbatten who engineered that Charles and Camilla part ways the first time.

And even more hilariously, the Queen Mother herself was rejected as a potential candidate by Mary of Teck and her husband the King for David, as not being suitable Queeny material at the time. They wholeheartedly approved of Lady Bowes-Lyon as a wife for the wallflower Duke of York though.

That the Queen Mother bore a bitter grudge right up until the funeral of David tells you what kind of a woman she could be. And if you were friends of David /Wallis or even visited them in France once or mistakely said you didn't think she was that bad really, you were left off the guest list of any royal function from that point on. So David and Wallis were ostracised more than they needed to be, and more than they deserved, and it was soley down to the two women I mentioned.

So I think that's why QEII initially offered Harry and Meghan a trial period, and why she didn't go scorched earth on them. She saw what a family fallout could mean.

Yeah how dare I post on a forum ffs. I’m just pointing out your BS hypocrisy in calling me a hater when you’re quite evidently (via the reams you write yourself) hateful of the British royal family. This is despite your odd stated indifference to all parties involved but continual weighing in. You’re using H&M as a vessel to vent about the BRF and that’s your prerogative but please don’t get all high and mighty if I call out your hypocrisy. Staunch defense? I see the trap you’ve fallen into there. You see since there is a pretty high profile falling out between two sides and since we’re only partial to one side of that falling out then, considering nature abhors a vacuum, people (like me) try and fill in the blanks i.e. what the other side might be. The toilet papers (the consensus villains in this story) love this vacuum as it allows them to cash in on it. Take such musings (i.e. attempts to personally glean how it operates or the conveying of my takes here on how it operates) as defense if you like but certainly don’t take it as a support for monarchy since the concept of it and operation of it means sweet FA to me.

I guess I should take comfort in being deemed a mere hater rather than being dismissed by you in the past as just some idiot Daily Mail reader who was regurgitating their takes on the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Juran

Does anyone know why Prince William is president of the English FA ? Is it always a memner of the royal family ? Is there a vote on who becomes the president of the FA ? Anyone know the history ?

He has so many titles, between Prince and a list of Duke and Earl titles, plus his job responsibitiy and public service commitments already. Surely president of the FA should go to someone, man or women who is involved in day to day football in England. and who can give their full working time, and attend high profile womens and mens matches, at all levels.

Yeah how dare I post on a forum ffs. I’m just pointing out your BS hypocrisy in calling me a hater when you’re quite evidently (via the reams you write yourself) hateful of the British royal family.

That's a rather hilarious accusation TBF and it seems you are using as some sort of gotcha.

Why would I like the British Royal Family? I don't think I could have been much clearer. 😂

• Advertisement

And yet you think I support the British Royal Family which infers that you think I like them. If I don't like them it doesn't automatically mean I dislike them. Indifference would be the word you're looking for. All we see from the British Royal Family is attempts at carefully managing Public Relations which has varying degrees of success. We have no capacity to know what they are actually like in private. They could be all lovely people in private or a bunch of c*nts. The likelihood is probably somehwere in the middle. Same goes for Harry and Meghan who are also a stage managed couple. Just like any other family really which makes it a fascinating on going soap opera.

I don't care what you think you think.

I told you honestly what I think.

It's not going to be reciprocated quite obviously.

which makes it a fascinating on going soap opera.

It really isn't though. It's the beginning of the end for all them and thank God for that.

You don't care what I think I think about any of them but, based purely off what I think, you took the care to honestly call me a hater because I'm being critical of Meghan on the *checks notes* Harry and Meghan thread. 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

My god that’s such a childish response along with stupid claims that Clarence House lie about offset their carbon without an ounce of proof posted .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

If the Duke of Windsor was so supportive of the Nazis, why did they leave Paris when Germany invaded it? (They moved to Spain and Portugal for a few months) and then he was appointed Governor of the Bahamas. For someone who was seemingly supportive of Germany against England, its a bit strange that the British Government appointed him Governor of the Bahamas.

As for Wallis Simpson being responsbile for the death of Bertie - I missed in the original article that you didn't support that theory of the Queen Mother that she was responsible. Perhaps I'm also missing that you believe that Meghan isn't to blame for Harry running out on the British people also?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I didn't realise that video was made of QEII making the Nazi salute in Germany. I didn't even know she visited Germany at that time. LOL.

That still does not explain why the Palace was so upset when someone unearthed it all those years later. If it was so common, why did everyone pretend they didn't do the nazi salute then?

I don't see how this hard understand. What you tell me you think is not what I formed my opinion on.

I formed my opinion on the exclusive negativity reams of largely fantastical prose that you have written about this couple. That is a far more robust gauge of ones opinion I would have thought.

Do you need examples maybe to help you understand?

Well then by all means could you specifically list how they offset their carbon and how it exactly tallies with them being carbon neutral.

Planting a tree offsets féck all or at least for some time.

In your own time.

The expected belittling final comment there. Go ahead and indulge me. Hint: Don't go and mistake my opining, my speculation, my inference, my reasoning, my speaking from experience or my deduction and go confusing it with what you (wrongly) state as fantasty.

Eh I don’t have to- you made the claim along with a childish retort at another poster that they’re lying - I couldn’t honestly give a toss what they do or don’t do but just claiming they’re lying is just a nonsense post - in YOUR own time …….

• Advertisement

It's up to them to prove it. Not me.

They haven't.

speaking from experience

Huh? Were you a footman or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Dear me, we're all on a trip down the rabbit hole - again!

I thought that we were discussing Harry and Meghan, with different views from different people on whether (at one extreme) they are wonderful humanitarians, constantly striving to help people experience their fullest possible lives whilst suffering institutional racism etc etc, or (at the other end of the spectrum) whether they are chancers, grifters and perpetual whingers. But somehow, we are instead discussing the FA Presidency, carbon offsets, the Duke and Duchess of Windsor and the who-did-what-to-whom of Nazi salutes

I have said - as have many others who a critical of H&M - that I don't hate them. And I don't. I willingly admit to thinking the way they frequently behave is somewhere between pretty bad and appalling. My latest entry into the lion's den that this thread can be was to offer the comment that H&M might reflect on the comments and downvotes for the Netflix Invictus video trailer, and consider adopting a significantly lower profile at the upcoming event. Meghan seems particularly unwelcome. The comments on YouTube are pretty toxic and, whether they're fair or not, could well adversely affect the charity. That would be a huge shame. So could they think about things from the veterans' point of view, and consider what the best course of action would be for the benefit of the veterans.

It's not getting any better for them out there

That’s fine- thanks for confirming that you’re posting absolute fiction on this thread and whatever claim you feel like making up to suit your argument at that time - I’ll know not to take anything you say seriously as clearly you don’t even believe what you post and you’ve just admitted that.

Not a footman. It means the whole "using personal experiences, seeing similar patterns of behaviour play out in public and then using that as a basis for making inferences" thing.

Who are you quoting? In reality though just parroting the likes of the daily mail?

Again it's not just my opinion.

It's a lie rich assholés put out there so they can continue their opulent lavish polluting lifestyles guilt free.

No one is falling for it anymore, well maybe some people. 🤷‍♂️

The comments on YouTube are pretty toxic

Shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

They're some of the worst I’ve seen; they are incessant and very negative. Ignore them if you want. H&M probably will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,631 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wait so the guy who whined about Will not going to the World Cup final is now whining about "carbon footprint".

I wonder would they have criticised Will for going?

Advertisement