Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I don’t think Salah is hard up for money the way the others were. Think he wants to play good football.

But im just some loser on a forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He also already turned down the opportunity to leave on a free and earn double his wages not so long ago. I think if he were to leave, it would be to another competitive team - plenty of time for him to earn mega-money in the Saudi retirement league down the line when he's Benzema's age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

If we don't qualify for CL next season, that's Salah gone I think, that's why it's vital we qualify for next seasons CL whether through the league or the EL, because it'll become much harder to hold onto our star players ( Salah, Alisson, Daiz, etc)if we miss out again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Given we're in this rebuild period I'd be surprised if the club didn't accept a decent bid for Mo. Also, from Mo point of view he's probably looked at what the clubbhas done this summer and must be wondering why would he bother running himself into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Not sure the club would agree this is just a write-off year - and it's absolutely vital they get top 4, which Mo would obviously be huge in achieving. As for Mo, he's an all-out competitor. No matter what's going on, you can always rely on him to do his bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I assume the money for Salah, the 257 million, would be his salary and not what they want to pay us. They seem to spend a lot on the players themselves and not that much on the transfer fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

Flying Liverpool to Egypt takes nearly 6 hours... Flying Saudi to Egypt only takes 3 hours.. It's a no brainer

Well the club's performance in the transfer market make it clear that's it virtually a write off year. We aren't going to be competiting on multiple fronts given the gaping holes in our squad. No doubt he's a competitor, but he's also probably wondering why stay in a situation where he'll be giving his all for a club who's ambition is the top 4 trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'll maintain I believe Salah wouldn't be interested in this but what do I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Ive been supporting then for 45 years through thick and thin but if Salah goes I would be giving this season a miss.

I would not even look for their results.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Serious over reaction I think. Anyway, Lovren said he is staying, that'll do me.

But if he left, I'm fairly sure I would be still watching Every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You'd stop supporting the club if a player left? Strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Strange , the only player I was devastated to see leaving was Nando , but i got over it quickly enough .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Why don't you wait a few weeks or at least until the transfer window closes?

McAllister and Dominik look like two absolutely fantastic purchases so far.

Everton were perennial winners of the transfer window, how are they doing these days? Chelsea undoubtedly won the transfer window last year, both summer and winter, and they were absolute dog crap with those expensive players. There is more to competing that feeling like you are winning the transfer window, but it seems like more and more supporters only care about new signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

What?? We looked to have got in 2 serious players in midfield that are massive upgrades on what was there last year, we added in another much needed body there too to go with them and potentially getting in a 4th...also shifted some dead wood! We have had way way worse windows than this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

As I get older it's strange seeing players retire or leave the club. I won't tell a lie I found it mad that players don't play forever 😂😂. But such is life and the old saying "no player is bigger than the club" comes to mind.. I've since seen 3 or 4 different teams come and go and this season is another transition. Just try enjoy and follow it for what it is. Sure he's on 350k a week opens the door to try find the next Rush fowler Torres, suarez etc..

Salah seems fairly loyal so far and i dont think his wages increase has changed him so much, he looks very grounded - but time will tell if he gets coaxed to go Saudi

We can, not much will change over the next few weeks though.

There is more to competing. There's having a squad with World class players and good depth. We lack both of those and the club has only regressed over the last two seasons.

You shouldn't be asking what I want. You be should he asking yourself what do you think Salah wants. He's one of the greatest players in the world and two season ago he was competing for a quadruple, in a champions league final and lost the league title on the last day of the season. And nows he's playing for a team who's peak ambition is the top 4 trophy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Salah has been very vocal about wanting to break all of the records at Liverpool. He's committed his best years of his career to Liverpool, and Liverpool have rewarded him for that too.

He has always spoke about how happy he is at the club.

His agent said he is moving nowhere (albeit a couple weeks ago) and one of his close friends has said it's all fake news.

No concrete links, even Ornstein's piece was just a load of waffle about interest. No bids and no contract offers.

I don't know what Salah wants. No one does but him. I was merely responding to your statement that this transfer window has been a disaster and we should write off the year. I'm going into my 50's this year and seen it all at this club, I've never wrote off a season in my life as I love the game. You sound like my 15 year old son with that whinge...

Whw did the say the transfer window has been a disaster? Maybe you should get your 15 year son to read my posts for you. Wow, well if you've never wrote off a season before that's me convinced. 😂

well I assumed that's what you were alluding to if you actually wanted to write off an entire season on the back of this summers transfer window. My apologies, but I'm not sure how else I was meant to understand that point.

And yes, I've never wrote off a season, why would I? In fact I don't know to many fans that do. Its a game club I follow and love, Ill always tune in to watch us and always have. Is it only worth keeping interest in the year if you're going to win the title? because I think you follow the wrong club if that's your attitude.

The season's a write off in terms of competing for trophys. Well, except for the top 4 trophy. The transfer window has been exactly what a rebuild window looks like, not a disaster, not a great success and could very easily have been a lot better. I mean, you do realise even if you did write off a season that nothing changes? I mean, the players aren't going to find out that you've written off the season and thus are going to give up. Writing off a season has zero impact on what happens.

I guess we just have different attitudes when it comes to sport. My attitude is that you play to win and you do your absolute best to do both. Liverpool are a football club that are currently doing that. As i said, the regression in the last few years is shocking. Now I appreciate there are fans like you that are just happy for the club to just tog and then see how it goes while results don't matter. As I said, different attitudes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Hmmm.. would you still enjoy the game of Liverpool had a transfer embargo or would you just stop watching?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Is it suppose to have a meaning that is mysterious or obscure .

Just posted this. What does it mean

Salah rarely posts, so it must have some meaning on this day

Your attitude on here is defeatist, I don't know how I can square that with someone apparently out to win.

Now look who's mis-quoting, when did I ever say I was happy about it? I just stated that I've followed the club through thick and thin for 40 plus years and I've seen a lot. Obviously things could be better on the pitch right now, but you know what, I've seen it worse! And you know what else, Ill hope to see another 3/4 swings in fortune for the club within my life time...just stop whinging day in day out about, it will make you feel better. I promise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

It means view this and send me some money via advertisers. It's a picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

He must be packing in football and going into fashion design...there's no other explanation, gutted

We're fucked now lads

His last post was two days ago, one before Aug 9th, one before Aug 3rd , he's not a teenage girl who posts 40 times a day. So this photo, means something, who knows what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Not sure why anyone replies to the nonsense that chap posts. He’s already written us off winning the league, FA Cup, league cup and Europa league. He’s entitled to his opinion, but why anyone ever replies to him is beyond me!

We’ve signed two superb midfielders, we’ve a super strikeforce, magnificent keeper, we’re in for an exciting season, which I think is going to be much closer than people think when it comes to the title race. Bookies have us third favourites for the league, which is probably our most likely finishing position, but I’m not giving up hope, I can see city and Arsenal having slip ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just sharing the above graph from Reddit showing the minutes played by our out going and incoming midfielders last season.

Salah could not refuse the riches on offer, it would eclipse the Ronaldo deal, but the deal for Liverpool would also need to be impossible to refuse, 60m is a joke, Lavia went for that.

That's striking.

League only though, we did have 8 more champions league games. I can't say if we had more domestic cup games than Stuttgart, Brighton or RB.

The maddest stat on that chart is the Ox actually managed more minutes than Kieta last season!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Germany only have one one cup but not sure how far Stuttgart got but Leipzig won it last year I think. Brighton knocked us out of the English cups didn't they?

One more midfielder who's got a good fitness record would be a huge boost.

I suppose the other thing to say is that Elliott and Bajetic (Jones to a lesser extent) had minutes they probably shouldn't have gotten if we'd had another body.

Like all I mean is, last season wasn't ideal, so a zero sum swap is insufficient.

You do realise my attitude on here has zero impact on Liverpool winning games yea? Maybe you haven't realised that though.

My apologises. Content about it? That accurate? I'll post what i feel like posting. If you don't like that, put me on ignore. It will make you feel better. I promise.

If you don't like what I post put me on ignore instead of whinging about it.

As for your second paragraph comical tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

The Torres transfer hit me hard.

This would be something worse though.

Why ? Im not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I see the latest rumours is that Chelsea are interested in Nunez. Maybe we could do a swap with them for Caicedo.........

Christ I'd we could get our money back I'd bite but it's too late to get a replacement in and don't wanna risk four players for three positions (well 4 if Elliott can sub in) until Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭JPup

It always amazes me how many people took the Torres sale so hard on here. Maybe it’s an age thing. I was a kid when Fowler arrived on the scene so he was always god to me.

We got a great fee for Torres at the time and he was clearly past his peak at that stage. A bit like the Mane sale (although for a much better fee). It was clear we’d gotten his best years.

Then we reinvested in Suarez (cash neutral window when you include Babel and that other fella) so overall it was actually our best transfer window for about 5 years at that point. The post Rafa dark ages were tough!

Also not really getting the pessimism for this season. Klopp and the senior players clearly believe we can win the title. That’s the target for sure. Not top 4 (actually too 5 now with the new rules).

City only got 89 points last season. They’ve lost some senior players this summer so in a mini transition themselves. De Bruyne and Walker past their peak. Don’t get me wrong, they’re still favourites but they aren’t unstoppable.

We’ve a great keeper, promising new midfield and will undoubtedly score buckets of goals this season. Tighten up the defence and we’re laughing. In my mind we’re on course for second place with an outside chance of first.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

Torres leaving for Chelsea felt like a watershed moment that our slump to mediocrity was complete after a rough season. It’s easy in hindsight to say we got a great deal but no one knew at the time Suarez would actually blow us all away and 35m on Andy Carroll was alarming bad business . It also stung because he stayed in the prem and went to Chelsea, that was a hard swallow for many who still regarded him as their favourite player. Baffling you would amazed people by people being upset by that at the time.

I think its wildly optimistic to talk about the league , defensively we are way off and this inverted Trent gamble will cost us more than we benefit from it . a lot of issues from last season remain and was evident in the Chelsea and Bournemouth games but I hope like you the midfield revamp will help us push on. We have barely replaced a fraction of the midfielders we lost and hugely dependent on Mac and Szobo who’ve played 2 games for us to stay fit. We need more players in or will be light if any injuries come into play. Top 4 at best this season in my opinion if we are lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Konate a fitness doubt for Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Should be signing a CB this week in all honesty, know it won't happen but drop off to Matip and Gomez is shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

It's a shocking window so far, need at least 1 cb and proper dm. Konate can not be relied on as he always seems to be a doubt

I don't want gomez in at cb, he is more than able to cover Trent and although I love Matip - last season wasn't his best. Maybe with a midfield that actually runs it might help him this season.

But it's gonna be another injury excuse season which I'm sick off at this stage as the squad is too small. Salah be gone next summer after another 4th place battle which will leave our best player to replace as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

No way is Salah leaving - I haven't been this confident that a player is not going to leave since the Henderson bid came in.

Advertisement