Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

Thanks. It was originally a blue platinum order then I am told with spec and price change it may not be produced at all. I was offered a matte gravity gold platinum and I took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

ICCU issue is now a recall issue with Kia EV6s in the states apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Service Bulletin issued for the 2022 and 2023 Ioniq 5 and 6 now as well in the US. Only a matter of time before it's released in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭Jofspring

My father in law's ev6 (a year old) was in with a Kia dealer for approximately 7 weeks from March. I never heard what the issue was but sounds like this was it. The car sent up a warning to say the car had a failure. Car had to be towed in to dealer and he had to drive a loaner for that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭denismc

Just downloaded my first OTA update today.

So there is a new journey planner in the satnav, just enter your destination and it will add a charging stop if required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Scorpio27

I've read previous posts about the dreaded ICCU failures with the Ioniq 5.

Well I fell victim to it about a week ago. Car is about 18 months old. It started with the car refusing to accept charge on my wall charger at home. The message on charger read 'delayed charging' . I tried the granny cable and the public charger (ac) with no success. However the car accepted the dc charger.

I took it to main dealer and the outcome is that ICCU will need to be replaced and the waiting time on the part is 2 months

I can drive my car at the moment and fast charge it at public charge point but I am now apprehensive that the car will shut down entirely some day and leave me stranded.

I am looking to change my car in the spring and I can honestly say I was about 90 per cent veering towards another Ioniq. This experience makes me nervous about another Ioniq 5.  

I know issues arise from time to time with new model cars but the fact this is a key component and can't be sourced for two months is disapointing. Also now I have the expense and inconvenience of charging at the dc chargers. Also seems I won't get a replacement car. Appalling service from Hyundai.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

Another rogue dealer then... Who is it. I wouldn't drive that car if I were you.

Did you contact Hyundai Ireland by any chance? They may put pressure on the dealer if they know the dealer is suggesting you drive around with a car with an on-going warranty issue.

Kia dealers for example with the same issue aren't just giving replacement cars but rental cars paid by Kia.

I had issues with V2L periodically until I heard something go pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Abel Magwitch

It’s such a shame to hear another story of this recurring problem. It really should warrant a recall of all affected models (I am presuming the 231/232 cars don’t have this) so there is only a limited amount of cars that would need the work done

Also amazed at how Hyundai Ireland hasn’t ordered eg 20 of these units (plus fuse) if they are not going down the recall route. 2 months is too long. Anything over 2 weeks is a big no no for me tbh

It's an active recall in the US for both Hyundai and Kia so it's only a matter 9f time before Europe get one as well.

I 100% agree that Hyundai Ireland should have stock on hand. I'd go as far as saying every dealer should have 2-3 on hand so that they can work on one car and still have two spares and have time to restock a third before another car shows the issue.

On another note our 221 72KW got its first OTA update which added route planning with charging stops.

Hyundai Ireland told me they are only a distribution center they will take no responsibility for this sort of stuff. Also the dealers won't build up stock if they could as the module costs too much.

Apparently even Hyundai Europe has no stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

How much have people been paying for their 30,000km service?

We just got quoted 336 Euro for the Hyundai service centre in Galway! Seems a bit steep.

Not sure if there’s anywhere nearby I could get it done instead.

Off the top of my head mine was around 240 in Cork, and I thought that was steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭onlymeself

99 in Boland's Wexford for the 30k service. Some others quoted anything from 200 to 380. The dealer we bought from changed their price 3 times. They included Oil filters and oil disposal in their quote and also charge 3 times what Boland's Wexford charged for a pollen filter change.

When you call them out on their extortionate prices they all have no answers as to why it's so expensive and try to pretend a software upgrade is what drives the price up. Pure scam.

I'm actually shocked Boland's were €99. They quoted me 189 for the 15k service which is a visual inspection.

Did they change your conductivity fluid? That's meant to be expensive on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭onlymeself

I don't think that's done at 30k, I think low conductivity checked at 60k, or at least not according to the manual anyways unless I'm misunderstanding it, entirely possible :D. The brake fluid was changed alright. They definitely did everything in the list for the 30k service and they gave the car a quick vacuum and wash too.

Which Boland's quoted you 189? Boland's Waterford quoted 380 (changed the price 3 times on different calls), Boland's Wexford quoted 99.

Also, we got the 15k done in Boland's Waterford and that was for free, it was supposed to be free from any dealer.

Maybe I'm confused on the fluid. Boland's Wexford were the 189. Lyngs in Carlow did the first service for me for free.

The battery coolant change is at 60 K and I have been quoted over €600 for this. My tyres are due for change around the same time and it's looking like €800 for 4 new tyres 🫣

Thanks.

we called up another place which is a independent dealership and they quoted 195.

im going to ring them again and confirm what is included.

As long as it satisfies the requirements for a 30k service I can’t see why we would pay 340. Would rather drive a little further.

is there anything I need to check when asking what’s involved? Like is there anything specific that needs to be done to make sure warranty stays intact.

So for 195 it’s apparently a “car check over and pollen filter change/check (didn’t quite hear what she said)”

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You can get an ICE serviced for that price. Fecking gouging garages trying to maintain their profits. That some places are charging €340 they should be prosecuted for fraud, there is no way a BEV should require much maintenance after 30k

• Advertisement

I thought they changed the brake fluid at 30k, that would be the only justification for the cost.

Is there a list anywhere of what's supposed to be done at 30k?

It's somewhere in the manual that you got with the car, not the service record.

I think someone pasted the schedule a few pages back.

Found it.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/H2C0CT3SPBPW/img-8226.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Genghis

Quick update on my ICCU issue.

Our 1 year old Ioniq5 is now over 4 months off the road, and it won't be sorted for at least 3 more weeks, probably longer.

Hyundai are absolutely shocking, would never buy from them again. They literally could not give a damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Surely that long off the road only a year into ownership there is some kind of legal steps that can be taken. There has to be a limit to the length of time they can take to fix an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Genghis

Yes Jofspring, I guess there is. Its something I am looking into.

You imagine spending €50k on 'World car of the year' from Irelands best selling car brand would not come to that though.

Open to DMs from others with similar experiences, I think there are a few boardsies like me, might be a press story in it. Media love a sorry story about an EV ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Changing brake fluid is a 20 minute job and brake fluid isn't expensive. There's no justification for the rip off prices they are charging to service a BEV. There's a lot more work in servicing an ICE and you can get an ICE serviced for €150 by Hyundai.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

Was the car financed? What has the lender said? They have clout, and may be an avenue to help solve the problem.

That's putting me right off, I'm in this thread out of a fascination with the car and long overdue updates for my Q4 Etron. I wanted to switch to Ionic 5. No support is no good.

@Genghis sorry to hear that looks like Hyundai still aren't getting their house in order on this stuff.

Lucky I had some options just got rid of it I'll never be a Hyundai customer again.

@Jofspring

No real legal recourse here there are lemon laws in the U.s where under those circumstances would get a full refund see some people on forums in the u.s went that route.

Hyundai Ireland, Hyundai Europe and Hyundai corporate no good in my case.

Was low balled a bit with another dealer I sold it to but they haven't moved it yet and will have to drop the price so may have not done so bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

Update on my ICCU issue, have the car since returned with new ICCU. Will be returning to garage next week as we cannot get the scheduled charge to work. When I set a scheduled charge and plug it in it starts to charge immediately on plugging in and will not wait for the scheduled charge to take place. This has been the start of ICCU issues for some people previously, so backs up my opinion that this is a design fault that Hyundai need to address as they appear to be doing in the US.

Advertisement