Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flea Removal from house

Options
  • 24-08-2023 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

Any ideas on how to remove fleas from a house?

I got 2 different pest control companies to come and out and spray their pest control product over the last few years but the fleas keep coming back.

Any ideas?

It was a stray cat that brought the fleas onto the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I feel your pain. They will keep coming back unless every egg in every crevice is gotten. The eggs are harder to eradicate than the flea.

The usual successful method is to treat your own cat or dog. The newly hatched fleas bite the host and die before laying eggs. After a cycle or 2, the fleas are gone. You could Foster a cat or dog if you have none. Give them flea treatment and the problem will go away. You might end up with a furry friend for life though 😆

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭HazeDoll

Treat your own cat with a flea treatment from the vet, not from a supermarket. That will break the cycle.

It's not clear if you have a cat yourself. If not, something else might be going on. Fleas can't live or reproduce without a suitable host. They'll bite humans but they can't live on us so they are unable to breed.

Are you 100% sure it's fleas? Leave a tray or a shallow container filled with soapy water somewhere at floor level, preferably on a carpet. Put a lamp near it and leave it on all night in an otherwise dark room. See what hops into the tray during the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭thebourke

I used to have a cat.

Then this stray cat showed up when we were on holidays.Brought the fleas into the house.That cat is now gone.

Still canàt get rid of the fleas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭thebourke

It's timber floors I have in my house.

So I'm thinking of replacing the timber floors.

However if i cant find all the eggs i'm back to square one...

I didn't think it would be so hard to get rid of fleas.

Anybody else have a similar experience?

Advertisement