Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 World Athletics Championships, Budapest

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wtf was that? Out of order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,327 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Oh f*** me, the buggies crashed hard. Some of the mens sprinters are shook and banged heads.

WTF does be going on...

Why are some a these women carrying about 5 lbs a head hair that has to be affecting their speed/times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,327 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The replacement of the foul line on the long jump threshold, with plastic instead of plasticine is proving lethal.

• Advertisement

Lyle’s form is stunning

English faded badly last 100. That was a fast semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭SuspectZero

Always going to be tough for English there, would've taken a big PR there. Wanyonyi and Arop look in really good shape, could be a heck of a final

Savage close 100 H final. WR holder nowhere!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Probably had to come off whatever she was on, knows she's being watched now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This 400m mens final looks pretty open, Hudson Smith looks very nervous to me...BBC hyping him up big time.

Hudson-Smith caught yikes...maybe went a bit quick, still a silver medal.

Hudson faded badly but great hang on for silver

Looking forward to the women's 400m hurdles now. Should be pretty straight forward for Bol, I wonder could she dip under 51.

Scared that Adekoya could pull off some kind of a shock here. Probably not enough to trouble Bol, but maybe get on the podium.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭patob

I'd like see Femke Bol do it in the 400 hurdles, bit unlucky in the mixed 400.

So Adekoya..who is in that 400m hurdles woman's final...yikes.

She also isn't from Bahrain...but money talks...and they have history on doping.

Will defo be cheering on Bol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Brilliant Bol

Bol blew them away lovely stuff.

• Advertisement

Delighted, well done Bol 😎

Nice congrats for Femke from a lot of different athletes, sounds like a popular character from what I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

Just chiming in to agree that the Virgin coverage is great, just the short interviews with Irish athletes is all you need.

You don't need endless scutter being talked in studio like RTE can do for the Olympics, just stick on the world feed and let us watch the world's best athletes compete. I like the Eurosport lads that are on there, they have been covering athletics for decades and Rob Walker has been grand too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Totally agree with you. It's great to watch the events as they're happening. I could never really understand why RTE couldn't at the very least show the action even if they wanted to talk over it, while it may not have been ideal it would have been better that listening to 10 minutes of spheel between the races they do actually show..

Delighted for Bol after her fall in the relay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Thought was him , he's not usually great with the hyperbole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭4Ad

She seem's like just a lovely person.

Delighted for her, and a Joy to watch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Looking forward to the women's high jump. Mahuchikh will be under the greatest pressure possibly any athlete ever was with the current troubles and carrying the weight of it, Gerashchenko and Levchenko slightly less so--both medal contenders. You can see it for the past 12 months how emotional she is competing. She doesn't always do her very best on the biggest stage and Olyslagers on current form will be very hard to beat, Patterson can't be ruled out either but i don't see her winning. The ever improving young Topic could take a medal. They have to get through the qualifying tomorrow first which can often test the nerves, expect a very emotional finale on Sunday night, hopefully they give it good coverage, i think they will...

The Virgin media coverage is excellent with very knowledgeable commentary on the world feed, but video quality is terrible on Saorview. I prefer to watch in glorious HD on BBC satellite, though the Brit cheerleading can be a bit ott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭unichick

Agree re Virgin Media coverage. It’s great. Will Dalton is getting great interviews & I’m loving the neutral aspect.

I’m going to Budapest next month for a weekend. Looks a beautiful city. Would love to be over there now. Atmosphere seems great in the stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

Yeah.Can never understand it, surely it has to slow them down even by a few hundredths of second and in a sprint that can be a big difference.Surely they could wear a swimming cap or the type of running suit Cathy Freeman used to wear in order to reduce the wind resistance.

Advertisement