Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2023 **No Ticket Sales / Requests ** - It'll be grand

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

i am with you on this 🤣🤣😅😐️😥😪😭

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

All that hype for the biggest festival in Ireland to announce a **** local act

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

I blame myself - was just talking to the missus last night about it and i said rumours/bantz about potential int'l acts but it'll be someone Irish and sh*t like The Script.

I apologise for hexxing us.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

wasn't expecting a lot of love here by there way, i was right on that! 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Oh my ****! The script!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

2024 ticket for sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Kennytheboy

Absolutely shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Phishwax

God that’s bad. EP going more blander than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

I'm away into the woods here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

its a strange one

they are nowhere near the like of Fred Again, Billie Eilish and Niall Horan for modern popularity. or even Belters only

The coronas would pull the exact same crowd. They didn't need the hype associated with this as the let down is fairly obvious among all demographics

The foos been the suprise act at Glasto was major news everywhere this wont even make the rte news

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Despite the hope we have all had - we shouldn’t be one bit surprised! They are the greatest shower of ******s

the comments are good craic though”

🤣🤣🤣 anyway! I’m off to buy some cans it will be a chill weekend no running around to catch acts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Melvin laughing his head off at us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

In fairness even if it was an act that people here wanted, it wouldn't have saved the headliner situation.

The line our resident brainbox touts that they have to be playing 40k venues is made a nonsense of by this booking.

Their "greatest hits" tour last winter was playing 2k venues with only a handful of sold out dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

poster now updated

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Phishwax

wow

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭dav09

To all the brave souls who bought 2024 tickets, I commend you. I waited off to see how this years was as have been to the past 5 or so and last year wasn't great. It'll probably be sponsored as TikTok's Electric Picnic and considering usually there's a transition in booking policy, next years will be even worse. The likes of Picture This, Dermot Kennedy again, Harry Styles I can all see being on the roster along with whoever is the latest music trends on Tik Tok in tier 2.

Absolute nail in the coffin for me, definably my last year and I'm in their 'Core demographic'/ mid 20s which seems to have shifted even younger, I have zero friends/acquaintances my age going this year due to lineup where as probably 10+ last year, bookers completely out of touch. Unless a miracle happens (for me personally) and they have Aphex Twin + Warp Records Stage haha, or even bring back B&S area. Every festival runs it's course unless it's Glastonbury, and I think this will have soon. EP did to Oxygen what ATN will probably do to EP, it's an awful shame especially knowing where it all came from with the magic touch of John Reynolds. They're competing with the likes of Sea Sessions and Indiependence rather than being what they've done great at up until recently.

U2 looking pretty amazing right about now to be quite f*cking honest with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The Script?! **** me, that's awful.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Manner14

I will be making my way home on Sunday evening after that announcement. Dreadful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Ah now they sold out 3x 3 arena and musgrave park in 2022. Enormously popular still

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Fairly daft comparing Glastonbury to EP

The Coronas wouldn’t be playing arenas in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

they are still popular act here who sell 40k ish tickets in ireland with no hassle. Very much in line with calibre of other headline acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pedrozeno

Imagine blurring out a main act on the lineup for 6 months only to announce that a week before!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

My heart goes out to ye lads. That's a shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

This was a better line up that EP this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I don't often find myself in total alignment with you Fanirish but the line 'very much in line with the calibre of the other headline acts' rings true as a bell.

• Advertisement

Dashed hopes for something, anything else aside, this really doesn't change anything for me in that I've still 25+ acts to see and it's unlikely that any will be on the Main Stage.

In fact @desk tidy and I did a bit of tunesing last night and added a few more including Don Fe, 9x9, Snail Mail, D-Operations Drop, TRYM, Pablo Baldini, Charlie Sparks and Julie.

Might check out Jamie XX based solely on the fact that we were walking past his ATN Main Stage set and what we heard was pretty decent.

It's just the Marketing that kills you. Don't let it win.

Advertisement