Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DrPsychia

Where does it say you get €1500 off pre-configured cars? When I go to the payment page it doesn't give any extra reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭JOL1

My understanding is that this 1500 rumoured showroom discount is not yet featuring or being promoted on the website (reasons unclear) but for some people ordering they have been "told by Tesla" that this discount will apply.... In other words you wont find it on the website at this point in time

Similarly the reduced pricing for finance (3.9% APR and 0% APR) is not yet being actively advertised but at least this element is on website when you dig a little deeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Patch123

Thanks jol1, what you are saying makes sense, but I'm not sure accounts for the additional weight of bigger battery. Attaching spec of LR RWD from uk website, useful but doesn't answer my question. Also Irl spec could be different. Thanks also for your link, but this suggests 0-60 in 4.2 secs and 258hp - I really dont think either are right. Waters are muddied too by the fact LR RWD was a thing about 2019 or so in the US..

Btw, I can confirm the extra 1500 off is real as I just ordered today. Also 0% on LR RWD.

Only thing I'm concerned about now is insurance - priced a regular RWD no probs, but LR RW seems a bit of a unicorn...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

LFP is a non performance battery. It cannot release its power in the same way a non LFP can.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Killer_Paul

Tesla rep in Cork told me about the discount when I went for a test drive & I was told via msg regarding downpayment to send amount minus €1500 as this was yet to be applied but had been requested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Charlie 22

Got my reg for delivery on Thursday. Bit better notice than some people last quarter who got them on the same day!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Is this €1500 discount only on certain models of M3 or does it apply to MY also?

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Killer_Paul

I was told it applies to preconfigured Model 3 & Y but I would check with a Tesla rep first if ordering as it’s not advertised anywhere.

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/inventory/new/m3

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Sammy74

Hi Charlie - how did you receive the reg? Text or app. I’m Wednesday but no reg yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Conar

If it's not with you tomorrow morning I'd text them on the number they've be messaging you from. Mine was 48 hours ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Jimmydfish

The longe range rwd do we know if it has the premium sound system the same as the awd. I can’t seem to find it anywhere??

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Charlie 22

There was another document attached to my order when I refreshed the page - registration details. No text to say it was ready.

Just got reg document and insurance sorted with aig

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

Hey @Sammy74 did the reg document just appear for you or did they email you . Waiting for ours for a Thursday collection

It just appeared. I am collecting at 1.30 Wednesday so less than 24hours before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 otaqus_maximus

Just got my reg, obviously there is a wrong county ... damn! Collection on Thursday.

Collecting car on Thursday will be 2 of us driving it. Are we best setting up one generic email for the car and both sign in using same email or for personalised use is it better to use 2 separate emails. Any advice appreciated.

No need for emails.

The main account holder can just add a profile called “wifey” and within that profile all her settings, AC, seats, steering, mirrors, will be saved.

It takes 2 taps to swap profiles on the screen.

You can also assign profiles to cards so that when she opens it with her card/phone, the car knows it’s her and her profile is automatically on when she gets in.

Picked up the car yesterday and couldn't fault the staff or the car. Car was immaculate and zero issues. Delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭allinthehead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 cdn16

Hello all,

I'm with Zurich (for Ford Focus) and thinking of transferring the existing insurance to the new Tesla. Zurich made it pretty clear that they won't be covering the panoramic glass roof on any of the Tesla models and no coverage for the vehicle if an incident occurs while the Autopilot/FSD features are active. If I make the switch, I'll be eligible for a refund on the policy(!). Not really sure how this works - My older 2014 Ford Focus was valued at €10000 while Tesla at €50k! Still, I'm getting ~€30 refund... Is this normal?

Are there any insurance providers that vover the sunroof glass?

#tia

Your message is clear. Move from Zurich and secure the cover you need. Lots of companies provide full cover for Tesla. Try 123.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

Yeah I'd be moving too if I were you. I didn't have any preconditions like this from AIG.

Is there any chance the sunroof is only not covered under the "windscreen cover" element, but you'd be covered under the regular ts and cs for claims for the roof. That appears to be the case with Axa, and not only on Teslas, but windscreen cover for any car with pano roof.

I'm finding getting insurance quotes a right pita because I don't have the reg yet...

Does anyone know at what stage you get the finance documentation/ agreement from Tesla / Finance Ireland? I'm collecting this day week and am approved for finance but keep getting texts to update my payment details..

And would anyone know at what point is the deposit locked in? Can you alter the deposit contribution from what you indicated on the 'application' finance calculator - the figures shown at that point don't include the discounts so are inaccurate. Can't get reliable info from Tesla about this. On the chat, the person I was speaking to gave me the general link to "contact us" page of Finance Ireland website ffs... thanks everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Zurich don't insure Teslas as new business. I'm surprised they offered coverage at all. Your refund should be pro-rata on the numbe of remaining months, less an administration fee. The value of the Tesla is irrelevant in this case, only the remaining months on the policy. So, if the policy cost you 600 (50 per month) and you have 4 months left, you should get close to 200 back. Make a complaint otherwise, as they are not offering the same level of cover on the replacement car and are telling you that you sant use the driver aids in the car. Ask them if they refuse to cover other cars with autosteer functions. Morons

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 8 banjoplayernew

A1

Post edited by banjoplayernew on

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DrPsychia

My commiserations to the owner of the 2023 Model Y i seen driving around Dublin 6 today. If you had USS instead of that dreadful TeslaVision system I believe you wouldn't have reversed into what I presume was a telephone pole and done such substantial damage to your rear bumper and boot. I hope it's not very expensive to fix.

• Advertisement

Well i'm sure your comments, concern and commiseration has cheered them up to no end..

Advertisement