Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW3 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭McBain11

Went with Chilwell captain. Luton getting a couple of half chances there so delighted to get him off with the clean sheet done and dusted. That earlier miss though will give me nightmares tonight. Just toe the ball with your right foot into the net for God's sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭shmeee

Had to look it up there again to just see how bad it was. And he was even closer again and passed it to his right....

Sterling off 92nd min, 19 POINTS!!! What a guy. FPL is mad, lows of last 2 weeks to highs after game 1 of week 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Jackson, Chilwell and Colwill in that, 19 points. HEWT.

We know how tomorrow ends now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭McBain11

It was horrid stuff. I'm trying not to be greedy, as I've 2 Chelsea defenders plus GK this week so in a decent spot now going into the rest of weekend (No Haaland though ugh). It's just a moment like that could have worth 12 points minimum as captain plus possible bonus then, and also having played football for so long myself it is such a massive bugbear that a lad at any level can't just stroke that chance to the net with either foot. Father Nestor Sensini in the over 75s match would have just slotted that chance in :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I wouldnt blow the muck on sterling just yet.

CS is huge for me with colwill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

19 - 8 means 11 points from 1 😎

Nice start to the week.

Convinced someone not to captain Jackson over Haaland so hopefully Haaland gets something 😯🤞

Was half tempted to give the armband to Sterling but couldn't bring myself to take it off Haaland 😶

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭FantasyFool

20 points after Jackson(c) and Chilwell.

Like the look of Jackson. On another night he could have had another goal and 2 assists.

25 (-8) nets me 17 and the gains are crazy this early in season. Was 3mil and now outside 1.2mil rank. Huge swings.

We know now how tomorrow will go, Maddison, Gabriel & Pedro 23 min cameos for 1 point each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭crushproof

Jesus fair play to anyone who had Gusto, what a punt.

I went for Mbuemo in over Sterling this week, absolutely raging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Gusto owned by 4.8% overall. I wonder how many started him.

Or I wonder where he is on peoples benches. Will he be first sub for many now hoping for a Maddison no-show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If your not starting him against Luton then your doing something wrong imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I thought he was a no brainer after reece was injured tbh. Took a minus 4 to get him in so happy it paid off. Was going to take a minus 8 for sterling (for Richalison) and captain him but thought I'd be sensible not take another hit so early in the season or bet against haaland!

Also was walking past the bookies with my daughter around 6:30 and had a really strong urge to go in and put a tenner on sterling to score first but didn't want to drag a toddler into the bookies.

Could have been a great evening if I gave into impulses but still a good one with Chilwell and gusto.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Maddison starts.

Bournemouth XI: Neto, Aarons, Zabarnyi, Kelly, Kerkez, Christie, Rothwell, Semenyo, Billing, Kluivert, Solanke

Subs: Radu, Cook, Mepham, Brooks, Moore, Traore, Hill, Senesi, Anthony

Tottenham XI: Vicario, Porro, Romero, Van de Ven, Udogie, Sarr, Bissouma, Kulusevski, Maddison, Son, Richarlison

Subs: Forster, Skipp, Hojbjerg, Sanchez, Emerson, Perisic, Lo Celso, Solomon, Davies

Lets go Maddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Looks like Joao Pedro benched again. Been lucky enough to avoid injuries so far (apart from Chukwuemeka on bench) but got completely screwed by this guy and Gabriel

Just spotted this now, lovely so. Good hold hopefully pays off now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Have always hated the camera angle at the Vitality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Maddison looking pretty good so far, come on fella!

• Advertisement

Huge chance for Madison, didn't catch it fully, looked a clever finish though just lacked power

Madison goal

Oh yes! Please don't let this GW stop going to plan 😂

Lovely

Richi should probably score there would have been Madison assist.

4 big chances for spurs this half so far I'd say

Dear lord put Fraser Forster on for Ricky and he'd do a better job.

Ricky stupid yellow

Ricky off pre 60 - with 0 points

He's the ultimate troll and beyond at this stage. Worst thing is thinking he didn't play and seeing first sub on like 7 points and then throwing the phone out the window when your release what he done.

Kula goal (Udogie)

• Advertisement

Udogie assist, he may be on a few benches *looked at my ML, he's on 99% of benches and 3rd sub on some.

undogie assist a few might have him, is he 4 or 4.5

Maddison should have slotted ball to Son for a goal, poor effort himself to shoot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Martial starts up front which means Rashford is back in his best position at LW. Need a big game from him and Bruno

Gabriel benched, the run of luck has ended.

Son going up top after richi comes off is interesting, similar to rashford last year started wide but went up top at 60 usually to counter attack and where he got most of his chances and goals from

Maddison off 73rd min

CS in the bag also, every point counts.

Madison subbed off could have been a huge score

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Jesus on bench.

Arsenal XI: Ramsdale, Kiwior, White, Saliba, Partey, Odegaard, Rice, Havertz, Saka, Trossard, Martinelli.

Subs: Raya, Gabriel, Jesus, Smith Rowe, Nketiah, Jorginho, Vieira, Nelson, Zinchenko.

Fulham XI: Leno, Tete, Diop, Bassey, Robinson, Palhinha, Lukic, Pereira, Wilson, Jimenez, De Cordova-Reid.

Subs: Rodak, Tosin, Reed, Cairney, Adama, Muniz, Mbabu, Vinícius, Harris.

Manchester United XI: Onana, Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Martinez, Dalot, Casemiro, Eriksen, Antony, Fernandes, Rashford, Martial.

Subs: Henderson, Lindelof, Maguire, Sancho, Pellistri, McTominay, Fernandez, Gore, Garnacho.

Nottingham Forest XI: Turner, Boly, Worrall, McKenna, Aurier, Danilo, Yates, Aina, Johnson, Gibbs-White, Awoniyi.

Subs: Horvath, N Williams, Kouyate, Wood, Niakhate, Elanga, Freuler, Montiel, Hwang.

Brentford XI: Flekken; Hickey, Collins, Pinnock, Henry; Norgaard, Jensen, Janelt; Schade, Wissa, Mbeumo

Subs: Balcombe, Zanka, Onyeka, Ajer, Lewis-Potter, Roeslev, Yarmolyuk, Olakigbe, Brierley

Crystal Palace XI: Johnstone; Ward, Andersen, Guehi, Mitchell; Doucoure, Lerma, Eze; Schlupp, Ayew, Edouard

Subs: Matthews, Tomkins, Mateta, Clyne, Richards, Ahamada, Gordon, Riedewald, Sakyi.

Everton XI: Pickford, Patterson, Branthwaite, Tarkowski, Young, Gueye, Garner, Doucoure, Onana, Danjuma, Dobbin.

Wolves XI: Sa, Semedo, Dawson, Kilman, Bueno, Neto, Gomes, Lemina, Hee-Chan, Cunha, Silva.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Med101007

Why did I stick with Gabriel?? I guess he's way down the pecking order in Arteta's head now,,, ahh shtopp

Udogie off injured, looks like he pulled something but walked off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

I am hoping he doesn't come on - I somehow left him in my team over Romero who I just brought in 😥

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

That Udogie-Kulu goal is the undoubted highlight of my season so far...not sure how or why either of them are in my team tbh 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Arsenal and United clean sheets gone already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

United two down already 😲

Boly and Awoniyi, Gibbs-White assisting both

• Advertisement

Gabriel benching ain't end of world now as much. Could be mass exit from United assets next GW

Eriksen(Rashford)

Brentford goal

Schade (Norgaard)

Of course Rashford with the assist, after a heap of us shipped him out this week!

Once he doesn't match Sterling I'll be happy..... Famous last words!

• Advertisement
Advertisement