Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Private security is not police protection.

Anyone can pay for private security.

And it doesn't matter if Andrew is trying to get it back, he won't and it is not the kings decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Yep- while some peoples brains might need it spelt out in big letters by a green frog down a New York side street, it’s clear to the average onlooker that things are not well at all with their relationship - it’s not quite as obvious as the Monaco Royals relationship but it’s still obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Andrew is reportedly fighting to get his £3 million tax payer security re-instated implying he doesn't currently have tax payer security.

I believe he’s getting some protection currently from Charles’ security detail - maybe simply because he’s on the grounds of Windsor park in his big fancy lodge

It's not police protection for him. All royal residences have police protection, but it's not for him. He has no police protection.

• Advertisement

Well he has police protection when he’s in his little house - so as long as he stays there and doesn’t venture out he’ll be fine 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

They recognised free loaders when they saw them and ran them - it’s lovely when democracy meets royal entitlement and democracy wins 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

crazy. if they will really seperate. Kind of 2 years ago I gave them (her...) roughly 5 years. That would be 3 years earlier as expected...😂🤣Although I couldn't find any article with strong credibility about it doing a quick search. All just click bait, as usual.

You have the recent promo video where they don't make eye contact and since they have long cultivated a rep as being in sync/tactile with each other it becomes noticeable/jarring leading to such speculation. That or else they are just like any couple settled into their marriage and they are comfortable not doing that anymore or making an effort, be it talent agency directed or not, to just dispense of the PDA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Could you be specific please, because it isn't clear at all, believing BS on twitter is or never will be any sort clarity.

So in you own time what tangible evidence have you that "things are not well at all with their relationship".

If you could answer without name calling or ranting and raving I would appreciate it.

It's a pretty straight forward and pertinent question.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

How many times have you to be told that The Royal Family said they would (in their agreement which I showed you) would fund their protection. It was Charles who pulled it.

Charles is funding Andrews privately at the moment. He was unable to do this for his son and grandson even though they have been under constant death threats.

My take as to why he pulled the private security was because he thought that Harry would have had no option but to return to England (without Meghan who wouldn't come back) and be Charles & William's scapegoat for the rest of Harry's life.

Not only did he pull the security on them, Charles and William were the only people who knew where they were exactly in Canada, so its on their head that the tabloids found out where they were staying.

The Freedom Flight, referenced above, was actually them getting out of Canada to the US on a plane provided by Tyler Perry who also lent them his house in LA to live in and provided security until they got on their feet.

I'd say Charles and William hate Tyler Perry LOL.

So security pulled for his grand son but not Jeffs Bestie.

But but but Meghan is evil.

Charles is terrified Andrew would write a book! That would certainly finish the monarchy.

Andy certainly knows where the bodies are buried.

They went to Canada. They were getting security from the Canadian government since "...they will require effective security to protect them and their son". They were still senior royals and this protection was required per that agreement and was provided. Being able to provide that security infers that the Canadian government knew where they were. They'd be quite shite at providing security otherwise.

Their status would change once they stepped down and, with a few weeks notice, the Canadians let them know the security would be stopped. That was their decision. They played their hand in leaving and then the consequences of stepping down and a change in status kicked in. Their security costs in the US were estimated to be a couple of million a year and Charles gave him a couple of million quid. What a coincidence. A sum that would be sufficient for "effective security" albeit private in line with their private status. I wonder did he tell Tyler Perry that? Harry was already getting security paid for to the tune of $300k+ over a period of four years during visits to Canada.

Since he says he was born into the risk then he likely presumed this would continue but the Canadians were not going to entertain free loading at an estimated $33k a month if they were determined to stay in Canada. You might think Tyler Perry saved their lives but, for me, it would be more accurate to say Perry saved them having to pay out of their own pocket for their own security.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

How many times have you to be told that The Royal Family said they would (in their agreement which I showed you) would fund their protection. It was Charles who pulled it.

Actually, what was said in the post you made recently included this quote

It is agreed that The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will continue to require effective security to protect them and their son

That doesn't sound like a commitment to pay for the security. Maybe you could re-read that agreement you showed us, you might be reading too much into it. And the whole agreement was then up for review after 12 months. Of course, the Oprah "interview" and the penning of Spare were well underway twelve months later.

Is there some reason that a grown man and his wife, who are millionaires could not pay for their own security? Charles was not providing security for them but did give him a sh1t ton of money......

And again, with the absolute nonsense that no one knew where they were in Canada🙄 probably hundreds knew where they were.

Do you know the cost of security these days??

I tell ya, try it sometime….

According to the Canadian Government, the cost to the Canadian taxpayer for their stay in Canada from Xmas to March was Canadian dollars 93,000 (which is about €60K). I don't think the Canadians were providing much security if that is what their security costs were!

The Royals (like the President of the US) bring their own security with them who liaise with the local police.

As for paying for their own security then - according to Harry, Charles cut him off. Not even the Daily Mail has refuted that one.

Charles wanted Harry back to be his scapegoat without his Mrs. and grandson (IMO).

• Advertisement

Charles didn't give them a **** load of money. He cut Harry off. Harry says that the only money he had was what Diana left him (and that wasn't going to last long with a security bill of $3m a year). At that stage they had no source of income.

If 100s knew where they were, why did it take 3 months for the paps to find them? And at the time when they officially stepped down as Senior Royals?

Yeah "cut off" as in the multi millionaire who had just bought a mansion, who was pushing 40 and who was having to sign multi million dollar deals (plural) to cover his security because he was facing the consequential financial independence he said was what he wanted. 🤔

Working royals who are under police protection bring their security with them when visiting other countries. The Met and the British government taxpayer are not going to fund police protection for non working royals, who live in a different jusrisdiction.

Charles 'cut him off' ? I don't expect a grown man with his own family to be bankrolled by his father. He was a working royal, as such he was entitled to be 'paid' when he left that job, to start his own business, then he needs to earn his own money!

But he's a grown man, who walked away from the family business to make his own way in life. He has to pay his own bills, same as anyone one else!

He was left millions by his mother, probably the queen mother, and more recently Prince Philip and the queen. He is in an unbelievably privileged position. If his money doesn't last long then that's some serious bad budgeting on his part.

3 months for paps to find them? Maybe people didn't tell them, maybe they were warned to stay away, maybe they wanted them to stay in the country so left them alone. Who knows why they didn't print pics for 3 months, it's not mandatory.

They were under a review (which they agreed to btw) for a year to suss things out. Covid hampered them and their dealings but they still secured mega deals with NF/Spotify/Penguin. I imagine signing bonuses were given so they had income. They had the option to return if their plans didn't pan out after that year was up. A deadline as such. In the end they chose to cut the chord but it isn't a good look if someone is saying they have no income, have concerns about security costs, got cut off by Daddy and is, in parallel, buying a $16 million mansion.

He has to pay his own bills, same as anyone one else!

Apart from Andrew.

They could live rent and utility free if they stayed in a royal residence, they didn't do now they must pay their own bills, same as us mere mortals

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I thought Charles agreed to give them money for a limited time, then they would be handed what they wanted - financial independence.

The clue is in italics for those struggling to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

But no doubt, some people will try very hard to prove that you are wrong!

• Advertisement

Ah. It's your barometer, Anhidrosis Andy isn't a working royal and the public are paying for him.

Advertisement