Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA 2K23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm not familiar with the courses but the last 2 were on the first page of the recommended courses so thought they couldn't be that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I think some of the unofficial courses are designed by fans of the game so they tend to be a bit weird and have difficult areas, like the greens. They tend to be quite unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Romero

Maybe we as admins can test drive.courses before adding them to an event? I'm sure some pin positions are easier then others where they role off the greens. I Think you should stick with it if you have the time I'll help you out if setting up future events.

I think most of us are in and around the same skill level and experience the same frustration with the game so stick it out for another while see if it gets better

TBH I'm finding there are other games i want to play so i don't mind paying around every few days but I'd actually prefer to play something else instead of figuring out courses and difficulty settings. The last society went a lot smoother :D

I'll give it a go running it if you want, I'm away until Wednesday evening but will look into it then

• Advertisement

I’ll just repeat my thoughts on the course choice.

Some are set up more like ‘arcade’ golf or some weird ****. Not golf-like courses.

Maybe choosing a few more of the more familiar ‘tv’ courses would help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭joficeduns1

Some of these greens are brutal but I scrambled well after going +2 after two holes both rounds. Settled at -13 after 36.

Well that last course, EP’s Crossing, is everything that’s wrong with the game imo.

Basically one misplaced shot could lead to a quadruple.

I played 3 practice rounds, in total, and took fairly extensive notes before playing it on societies. My scores were roughly +10, -2, -8.

It’s a course where you have to consider EVERY shot and look at all the options. Without playing and taking notes you won’t beat par imo.

There’s just zero fun in that for me.

I can recommend courses like TPC Scottsdale, Bay Hill, TPC Sawgrass, Lone Grove golf course (this is Augusta), TPC Louisiana, Torrey Pines, Riviera Country Club, Lachlan Crossing, and there’s obviously many others, for future events.

Yes that will be the plan going forward more official courses or highly rated fan made version of courses where they can't include it due to licencing.

I think I'm going to keep the two day event format as well unless I get feedback to change it back to 1 day events from our members

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

No wonder you get good scores. I never practice. A few of those courses really frustrated me. Not looking forward to the latest one. It would be good to go back to the traditional courses instead.

In fairness I only play a practice round if I’m not familiar with the name of the course and I suspect it’s one of those weird courses.

I wouldn’t practice on a course I know is ‘normal’.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

I quit the current course after 5 holes, way too gimmicky for my enjoyment. Don't know if there was something wrong with my setup but couldn't get the camera behaving either so was hitting fairly blind.

Ok I've added my first event The K Club. Plays decent enough on my test rounds leaving it at 2 rounds so hope you all enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm playing it right now, I'm 10 over through 5!

Feeling the urge to pack it in too ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

You only had it set for 1 day to do 2 rounds.

I pushed it out to 3 days like the other events have been, but feel free to change it if it wasn't an error :)

I managed to hang in for +12

Cheers it's a learning curve for me hoping it plays easy for everyone was thinking of just changing the wind to zero or low to help everyone out but will leave as default for moment

EP's crossing is a comedy course. Never want to play that again. +6 . Thankfully only one round

Didn't get a chance to pay EP yet, hopefully tonight but man I'm not having much luck with the society this time. Last time, we never had issues with real or fake courses or difficulty, all went fairly smoothly. I had looked up best fan made courses and EP crossing was top of some list :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I played half the first hole then rage quit. Will give the game one more go on the next event but very close to deleting it at the mo. Did I mention I hate golf?

Ok stuck up a follow up event to K Club which is St Andrews played two rounds on it and it's pretty good that will run from 29th to 31st and has 2 rounds as per normal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I hope you stick around for the K Club, I think its more straight forward course, I'm going to change the wind on it as I'm not sure it gives everyone the same conditions on each round.

Thanks Romero for giving this a go. I tried to change you to President but seems i can't. Admins can do everything but weird i can't remove myself as president.

Anyway, EP's crossing uuuuggghhhhh

No problem only thing I can't seem to do is rename the events so I think that is reserved for El Presidente 😀

I just approved earooney86 you just need to confirm on your end

That's weird, you can create an even mt but not rename it. Now what i found if you edit after creating it, name goes back to default.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Enjoyed that event. One of the par 3s on the first round cost me, landed below the flag and every time I'd try putt up the hill, right back down the ball would come 😁 Recovered well enough though

Same happened to me in the first round ended up chipping it up the hill ended up with a double bogey.

I'm glad you liked my first event. My goal for the next few events is less frustration more straight forward courses and conditions where everyone enjoys their rounds and don't finish up frustrated with the game.

• Advertisement

K club was enjoyable. Missed 3 absolute sitters and finished 20 under for 2 rounds.

Advertisement