Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kia EV5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Looks like they just let the air out of the EV9 to create it 🙂

Not my type of vehicle but I can see it selling well when it comes here though. There is plenty of appetite for this body style in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Kia are giving me a lot of reasons not to buy a Kia with that one

Definitely not my style

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Feels like Kia are aiming at the Range Rover crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

That was my thinking with the EV9, not really sure about this one since it's closer to a Sportage in size

Maybe the Mini Countryman crowd instead?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I was thinking design wise rather than size. It's got the boxy look of Land/Range Rover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭creedp

Between the Ioniq 6, the EV9 and now this, the Koreans seem to be adopting an almost shock factor/ very brash styling theme. Its good that there are alternative choices out there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭fits

Such as? There’s very little out there that’s not an suv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭creedp

Im not talking about SUVs per say, the ioniq 6 is a saloon, more about the recent design theme of Hyundai/Kia cars, which I dont find atrractive. I personally find European or even American styling easier on the eye these days. Even Toyota seems to be improving on this front after years of stagnation. Saw a new Prius in the flesh recently and I thought it was a fine looking car, pity the BZ doesn't look more like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭positron

Stll can't find release date or pricing for Ireland, but noticed it's now available for around 37k euro in NZ (68k NZ dollars).

https://www.notebookcheck.net/New-Kia-EV5-mid-size-electric-SUV-pricing-revealed.829401.0.html

I wonder how that would translate to here, probably 40k+?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,393 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Why not see how much an EV9 is priced there and here? Then you might get an idea what the EV5 will be priced at here.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭positron

Quick google shows €60k in NZ and what €77k here (both base line models).

If we apply that logic, EV5 would be like 50k here, and at that price Model Y will wipe the floor clean with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭John arse

I’m trying to like it but god it's ugly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Just a squished down EV9. Unimaginative. I saw a BMW X7 up close the other day and that also goes in the fugly basket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭John arse

Advertisement