Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭egal

Sometimes, when I boot up the H7S, a red dot is visible to the left of the channel name. What does this red dot signify? Does it mean EPG information is being downloaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Not aware of a red dot but further away and might not see it.

Epg is usually downloaded at a set time

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mburke

Evening, I received a replacement Zgemma and it came with OpenATV 6.4 as the image. I updated that to the latest version which is OpenATV 7.3 and then have had to build the image from scratch. There were some standard pluggins on the image and I have not installed any additional, query is do I need crossepg or is ABM fine for getting epg info, I have set it to download each night at 3am. I have an old Triviar with openATV which helped with some of the settings but there are differences. I looked at the multiboot option but can not see where to download the VIX image.

Issues that I have noticed, when rebooting it does not go to the last channel that it was on, it goes to a blank bouquet. I have populated the favourites bouquet and can manually get to the last channel but that is a bit annoying. Additionally CNN HD is not showing up but is on the Triviar, all the other FTA channels seems fine, Saorview is working fine. I have not changed the default skin but wondering is there others that I should download to have a look at as there seems to be lots to choose from?

Is it possible to have openATV in slot 1 and Vix image in slot 2 with muliboot and is it worth trialing? I have created backups as I went along just in case something goes wrong.

Any assistance appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Yes you can have openVix and openATV in different slots as reqd. Latest Vix https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/zgemma-images/zgemma-h7/

ABM only checks for changes of channel frequencies, it doesn't do the EPG. Vix uses the FreeSat data by default so will not have all the non-FreeSat channels EPGs. CrossEPG gets EPG data for all channels. I'm not sure what way ATV does it these days. I haven't used it for a long time.

To find CNN HD either enter the values manually 11670 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK or do a 'network scan'.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭cathy427

Does the Zgemma H7S have rf2 out? (Looking to replace skyhd+ magic eye set up)

Is this one just plug and play? (It says software included.

https://www.satworld.ie/zgemma-h7s-4k-uhd-500gb-hdd.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

No RF out. I'm not sure if any box does that these days.

The Zgemma H7S will need to be configured the first time you use it. There is a wizard that will guide through the basics but it is a bit of a learning curve.

The only plug and play alternative is a branded FreeSat box however these do not include the Irish Saorview channels.

Amazon.de is cheaper for the box. If you have a spare laptop 2.5" HDD/SSD knocking around you can use it as storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭cathy427

Thanks for that.

Happy enough with the rf 2 going to two other tvs so was looking for easy option that didn't involve new cabling etc.

Ok, will think would freesat work.

Thanks for the tip re amazon.de

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

mburke to go to last channel try this when on a channel OF YOUR CHOICE press OK then arrow up then menu, you should see an entry SET AS STARTUP SERVICE. That should work so now on start it will be on that channel.

Thanks Gerry,

Have flashed the box with openvix6.3 and going through the wizard. Is there a standard set of pluggins that I should download for the box.

Update: everything seems to be working fine, one last query, I am using the Simple Ten Eighty skin. Is there any way to scroll through the epg channels by page rather than pressing the down button multiple times. The Channel up/down shows the next day which is handy.

Post edited by mburke on

If i need to check on whats on Ch4 i press the down arrow under the ok button and select my channel when on that channel i should get 5 -7 days of epg.

Since reflashing i forgot to setup EPG download to hdd or usb so you see whats on now on every channel scrolling down or jumping to next page.

Have you setup sources for Epg yet?

• Advertisement

Yes, I setup Crossepg to run at 4am and it is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

Can you change your skin to Vix blue, go menu setup user interface skin selection box will restart.

With epg I have it set at grid so one press gives a screen of programs. And when on a channel I go ok arrow up and then epg

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭redoctober

Hi guys. I've lost rte 2 Virgin media 1 and 2 and tg4. I'm guessing this is a possible cable issue? All are coming from saorview aerial.

Where are you based to check if working on that area.

Working in Dublin as checked all 3

Odd issue, when I set an auto timer it will record with no issues but the clock on the display stays at the time of the start of the recording until the recording has completed. Once complete if I press the on button the clock goes back to the correct time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Mine does the same. I've always just ignored it.

It's Laois. They came back but signal started to break up again last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Advertisement

Recheck your connections ? And what quality of signal are you getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 vimes

Interesting.

I'm in Cork, and using a Tiviar, but I also lost RTE2, VM 1&2 & TG4 recently.

I've retuned them in several times, but the signal drops to nothing soon after selecting. Methinks this is a Saorview issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭andy1249

Same here in Celbridge , RTE keeps cutting in an out ( Massive digital breakup every few seconds on HD channels sometimes RTE1 , sometimes RTE2 or TG4 ) , sometimes its fine for days , sometimes its not , I had been fixing it until I noted on here that "work" of some kind was being carried out , so left it.

Its been fine for the last week or so.

Every now and again they do have to service things and sometimes contact Saorview for issues and blocky picture for me was bad cable.

That IS interesting. Could be a wider issue then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ninja breadman

I just bought the Zgemma H7S. Can you advise what is the best tutorial site to help me get me up to speed on how to get the best setup and what plugins to use? What are the the most stable images to use?

What image is on your box like OpenVix , or OpenAtv and what version to see how old it is

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Lads I flashed the box to the latest openvix image tonight. Went grand but I can't for the life of me remember how I got the picons to show in the area of the attached image with the expertly-placed arrow. I'm using the Slyk Onyx skin. Can someone point me in the right direction in the settings menu? I've been through em multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ninja breadman

openATV 6.3. Is there a way to get IPTV channels in the same list as the usual Rte and satellite channels?

• Advertisement

OpenAtv 6.3 is too old and not supported also 6.4 has been past over to a later one.

Advertisement