Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭suvigirl

No they are not. He doesn't get paid since he is not a working royal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Sorry old chap, wrong again. Prince Andrew was stripped of his taxpayer-funded police protection in November last year upon giving up his HRH title after his settlement with Virginia Giuffre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Poor Harry. The "only" money he has are the millions in inheritance he's already received, and also the millions more he is due to receive when he turns 40. Must be so hard for him to survive this life in his $14 million mansion with just that 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Andy would've gotten inheritance from his parents presumably. He has an army pension as well and a grace and favour gaff in all likelihood.

Also regards Harry, any man that says, very publicly, that he has been cut off financially by his dad is a man who was fully expecting not to be cut off and is shocked by it. You must pay for my security because I was born as your son into risk, you've been throwing me a paltry couple of million every year going on almost two decades and that should continue even though I'm not doing that job anymore.

I'd imagine his indignation motivated him to do that interview i.e. the bastard has only gone and done what we agreed would be done now that I've signed blockbuster deals and bought a big house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Trending on twitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,631 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Andrew is moronic enough to write a book. As crazy as it sounds Andrew seems happy to stfu and keep his head down.

Not like the foghorns that are Harry and Meggy

He certainly knows what side his bread is buttered on or at least he did when the Queen was alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Andrew would need to be very, very careful about what he puts in writing too. No hope of him writing a book unless he's as thick as two short planks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Sorry old chap but he is very much being accommodated at the publics expense.

• Advertisement

He's stupid, very stupid, but even if he was THAT stupid, he’s also very fcking lazy - and he knows that he’d get snubbed from even the private family gatherings no less the public ones- like I said, he knows what side his brioche is buttered on- he’s not going to rock the boat at this stage of his life, especially seeing how badly Harry is getting on out on his own- he couldn’t hack that

• Registered Users Posts: 23,631 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Very weird going from you fawning over Rubiales to criticising Andrew so vehemently here.

Almost like you faux concerns are secondary to being edgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

For the last time - I have never said that the British taxpayer or the Met should fund their security while outside the UK.

Charles, who earns 26m a year from the Duchy of Cornwall should have funded it UNTIL THEY GOT ON THEIR FEET.

What Charles did was criminal - pulling their security and leaving them unprotected at very short notice.

The Royal Family have a tax dodge when it comes to leaving money. Everything is left to the King/Queen as they don't have to pay tax on anything they inherit. Money left to other (like Harry), inheritance tax has to be paid.

This is how the Firm controls the royals. Its up to the King/Queen to pay then, so they are completely in control (i.e., kept in line) by the reigning monarch. In fairness to the Queen, she looked after all her relatives, gifted all her children with homes (some several). William has five or six houses. Princess Ann gifted her children and ex-husband houses on her estate. Charles gave nothing to his children, but did take away what the Queen gave to Harry (evicting him from his home in the UK which Harry refurbed and leased). Its now sitting idle and I hope Harry gets back the money he invested in it.

The only money that Harry inherited was from Diana (as she had her own money at that stage from her divorce settlement with Prince Charles).

Harry had 40 years service with the RF and 10 years with the British Army - he deserved some sort of compensation for all those years being used by the Royal Family as a scapegoat.

But they are paying their own bills now. They have achieved what they wanted to do, which is financial independence. Whats the problem with that?

As explained elsewhere, Andrew would have inherited nothing (tax dodge) and would be dependent on the Queen/King for their income. Technically, all those houses are owned by the Crown Estate and the King/Queen grant a lease. Charles has been trying to evict Andrew from his home, but Andrew isn't budging, presumably because if Andrew writes a book, the Royal family will be finished. He will have all the dirt on Charles/Diana/Camilla (and a bit more besides). See how easy it was for Charles to evict Harry from his home (and that was a gift to Harry by the Queen).

And again, Charles didn't pull their security because he wasn't supplying it or paying for it when they were in Canada.

any reason they couldn't pay for their own, the poor helpless mites.......

When their security was cut, they had no warning to secure new security.

It was several months later (having been living in Tyler Perry's house and being proteced by his security) when they secured a mortgage and bought their house.

They were in a rented house in Vancouver (it seems to have been fairly isolated) with the paps everywhere and photos of the house spread all over the tabloids. Whatever about the paps taking photos, it was positively dangerous for them bearing in mind the death threats they got from far right racists, who believed Harry was a race traitor and Archie was a mongrel who should be killed. (2 of those people are now in prison for this).

The crown paid for the refurbishment of the cottage. When they stepped down as working royals, they paid the money back, only fair I would think.

You are mixing up the crown estate and individual estates. The royal family as individuals hold private wealth that can and is passed to anyone they wish in their will. Nothing to do with the crown estate.

• Advertisement

I don't have any problem with that! maybe read the post I was replying to.

Charles is paying for his protection. Now where does Charles get his money.

All they complained about is that it was pulled at short notice. They also wanted to clear up the lie that Charles was funding the when in fact he had cut them off.

And you seriously think Charles (or his aids) doesn't have a say in the police protection provided for Royal Family members?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

This is starting to sound the same as "William got an extra sausage". Harry is coming up for 39. He hasn't given forty years of service with the Royal Family; he was in the army from 2005 until 2015, and was a "full time royal" 2016 - 2017. He met Meghan in 2016 (recollections of exactly when and where may vary) and loafed around a fair bit to Botswana and hopped on the odd T/A flight to Canada. But the key point is that he walked away from the RF. They wanted to lead an independent life.

When I was 39 (I can just remember back that far!) I was married with children, a homeowner with a mortgage, had a career, and I certainly didn't expect my parents to shovel money in my direction. They wanted to be out of it, could they please stop whining about how hard done by they are, stop crapping on their families, and stand on their own two feet FFS

Accounts published for 2020/21 showed that 4.25 million was given to both William and Harry from the Duchy. Harry reportedly got 2 million. 2 million which can pay for security/pay moving expenses. 2 million compensation for all his service. Basically he got a decent Lotto sized win because he didn't feel like doing a full time job anymore. The guy was in the army and presumably some discipline and forward planning is required in such a role.

Such skills should come in handy when you're moving your family around the world. For the sake of your family you park your ego and you sit down with people you think are absolute kunts and you iron out a plan of action. That "freedom flights" and so much moving around was happening (along with no concrete plans for output with commercial partners he was compelled to sign with) implies to me that there was no grounded plan going on e.g. we're moving to LA and we'll sign commercial deals. The reality is that they were signing mega deals, Meghan reportedly had 5 million, Harry was easily worth 10 million and since they were financially independent then playing the poor mouth doesn't fly. My sense is that Harry wanted his security costs paid for by his dad, he didn't want to touch his own money. He was genuinely shocked and appalled at then having to go and get an income from commercial entities since his gambit to be a kept man by daddy didn't work out.

Ah shure gawd love him having to sign the kind of multi-million deals actual talented people can only dream of. I think he was spinning emotional manipulation on Oprah that his family was in danger as a clap back because he didn't manage to get his way. Despite all of that he had still wanted to intermittently come back to the UK presumably with outriders befitting his status just so he could be billy big bollix. His motivation? He is entitled to all of this because he feels he got a sh*tty deal as the spare. No outriders but a VW airport transfer van instead.

I'd argue that Harry wanting to be a kept Prince would probably be more grounded in reality than your take of Charles' Operation Come Home Harry where he would pull security so that Meghan would be killed.

From his mother. From the Queen Mother. Those millions. Diana had £14 million so split that in two. Over a quarter of a century of compounding can do magic on £7 million especially since he didn't have to touch it as he was getting circa £2 million a year to pay for expenses.

He used to get it from the Duchy but he inherited most of his mothers assets I reckon.

They were given weeks of notice by the Canadians. That isn't short notice. And when you've got 2 million burning a hole in your pocket and it costs $33k a month for security then you put on your big boy pants and make some calls.

If you got 2 million into your account then that is not getting cut off if it is freely available to use. By your logic if I won the Lotto then I could argue that the National Lottery had just gone and cut me off financially once the cheque cleared.

Post edited by valoren on

It's "edgy" to criticise Andrew?

If you say so.

• Advertisement

especially seeing how badly Harry is getting on out on his own- he couldn’t hack that

Living in a LA mansion worth 10s of millions with a beautiful family?

I imagine he wouldn't mind that actually.

Advertisement