Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 55" OLED TV - CS6 SERIES €990

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 onetwofourthree

Hello - thinking about pressing go on the CS - can I ask, if you know, is this one thin vs other tellys? Am looking to wall mount it as "slick" as possible in a tight space / all cables etc behind it. Am confused about what the CS offers vs the LG Gallery models, they both look equally thin to me but just want to be sure. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭jj880

Not sure as didn't wall mount mine. Delivery guy was telling me as he was taking it out of the van to get a flat bracket and not 1 that swings out. This will keep it flush to the wall.

Bottom 3rd has the computer components so while the top of the screen is wafer thin, it bulges at the bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DavidJC

Hi jj880

Sounds good to me if you can share your file! I tried something like this before but it's a lot of work and needs regular updating.

I have my Broadcast and Services set to UK as this was Freesat is kept razor sharp up to date. But the Saorview stuff always gets jumbled. We use BBC Iplayer with a DNS service.

Even if I organise the terrestrial Saorview stuff, it always gets undone over time.

BTW.. Whats this "--" broadcast country option? That is new I think. I've seen it on my own TV since a recent update.

This is what my TV gives me. Ive never exported a channel list before so let me know if this is whats required.

"--" is broadcast country undefined. I set it to this to get rid of the LG Channels app and input option which I did not want. I have IPTV on an android box. Includes all the LG app channels, movies, tv shows etc anyway.

As far as I can tell the setting makes no difference when I scan for channels. TV picks up everything it can from my outside aerial regardless of broadcast country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Raoul

Just one comment on this. A slight tilt on your tv can be beneficial as it will reduce glare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Kalyke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Kalyke

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭LBF21

what is the best price for the 65" these days? 1,595?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

RicherSounds have it slightly cheaper @ €1579 including delivery and their 6 year warranty:

Their UK site has a free S75Q soundbar for VIP members on offer with that tv at the moment too: https://www.richersounds.com/lg-oled65cs6la.html.

Usually the Belfast store who deal with ROI orders would honour most of those VIP offers here too if they have them in stock. You could ask them if the same offer is available over in their boards' forum: https://www.boards.ie/categories/richersounds-ie

Edit: the.com site only ships to a mainland UK address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lip Out

Powercity have the 65" CS6 for €1,450 (€150 discount applied when added to cart)

https://www.powercity.ie/product/65CS6LA

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭corkmans1

Any decent 50" tv on the market? Don't know much about TV specs so not really sure what to be looking out for.

Probably best to post in the richersounds forum. They will recommend you something. Maybe say a bit more about the kind of tv you want like what you'll be using it for. Gaming, netflix, saorview, freesat etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭NewClareman

It really depends on what you're looking for. The Oled TV's, like the CS6 on this thread, are brilliant for watching TV in a dull, or dark room. They are particularly good for films as they show all the detail in dark areas of the screen. They are not so good in brighter rooms, as they are not particularly bright and suffer badly from reflections. I have a Samsung UE43AU900 in our livingroom and I would consider it better than the CS6 for day to day use in a relatively bright room.

If you have an idea of your budget, and the light level where you watch TV, I would post in the Richersounds forum. I have bought 3 TVs from them and can vouch for their customer service. Another area to consider is what type of content you watch most. Some sports, particularly fast moving types such as hurling can really challenge modern TV's. Even the CS6 has to be set up carefully, otherwise the sliotar simply disappears when in flight. The more info you have, the better the Richersounds guys can advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Are powercity trust worthy? I see the LG B2 is cheaper than the CS and slightly brighter picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭corkmans1

Thanks very much. Budget about 1500 but really don't watch all that much tv so maybe I should be going for something cheap and cheerfull. Room south facing so bright during the day but I usually look at tv in evening.

Thanks for the advice will post on Richer sounds

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭KerryM9

Is the LG C2 still the best option these days for 55 inch around about the 1k to 1.5k range? It's 1.3k in a few places currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

I’m undecided on the c2 or Samsung qn90b . I was certain on the the c2 but like the look of the Samsung . Looking at a 55 inch as well

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭KerryM9

Hey, I'm looking for advice too, in the post above you, so let's see what others say, but the only thing I can say about the Samsung is that it's cheaper and there's usually a strong correlation between money and quality unless the cheaper one is a particular 'bargain alert', let's see what the others say. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

They each have their pros and cons. The C2 is an OLED, which many will say has superior picture quality, while the qn is a Qled, which many will say doesn't have as good picture quality compared to Oled, but is brighter.

The general recommendation is if the room is bright, go for a QLED, otherwise go OLED, but honestly it's all just personal preference.

The best place for reviews and comparisons is www.rtings.com. For example, here is a side by side comparison of both TV's https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/lg-c2-oled-vs-samsung-qn90b-qled/31229/32155?usage=1&threshold=0.10

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

“The general recommendation is if the room is bright, go for a QLED, otherwise go OLED, but honestly it's all just personal preference.”

99% of people should just buy an OLED, they are by far the best TV.

The whole brightness thing is way oversated. We have an LG C9 in a living room with all floor to ceiling windows next to the TV and it is still more than bright enough to watch all day even with the sun shining in.

Of course it looks far better in the dark room, but that is true of all TV’s. Sure maybe a QLED is slightly brighter, but we live in Ireland, it is dark at least 6 months of the year, even this summer has been very dull and don’t most people do their serious movie watching in the evening anyway. There is no way I’d trade the quality of an OLED for the slight brighter QLED.

Funny aside, my parent winches every time a scene suddenly changes from a dark night scene to a bright day time scene and it is suddenly much brighter. She already thinks iour TV is too bright and I’ve got it set to low brightness. Plus our TV is a few years ld, the newer OLED are even brighter.

Basically I believe this brightness advice is largely outdated and really doesn’t apply to most people in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

While in general I agree with that, it again is a case by case basis. If the sun shines directly on the TV, the QLED is probably the better option imo.

Edit: The newer LG Oleds, the particularly the G3 go even brighter again, so even less of an issue.

Regarding the CS6, has anyone experienced a sort of cartoon like image with a firestick connected? Other apps and tv are perfect but when I use my firestick, the image quality almost seems like there is a cartoon filter applied. I'm guessing it's some sort of upscaling issue.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

Colours were very saturated for me with an android box. Football pitches looked almost luminous green. Just put the colour depth down to 45. Fine after that. Outputting 4k from the box though so I dont think the tv is doing any upscaling. Using Standard (User settings) HDR mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Check the display settings on the firestick and make sure hdr is set to adaptive.

I tried both of the above suggestions and it does seem to improve it alright, cheers. It would probably help if I had a 4K firestick rather than an older 1080 as well.

Also for anyone thinking I'm knocking the image quality of the CS6, I'm not... the quality is phenomenal and especially so when playing some 4k HDR YouTube clips.

Costa Rica 4k 👍

From 660 in March up to 1580 now 😳.

What are Very smoking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Probably getting ready for a big black friday sale. It's standard practice for shops to jack up the price past RRP just so they can make it look like a huge discount come sale time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I was away last week with work and during summer also. Each time I come home I'm amazed at how good this TV is compared to hotel TV's.

This was my first oled, have it 10 months now. Fantastic TV.

Advertisement