Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First second-hand car in Ireland - 13k

Options
  • 27-08-2023 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello there. I've been living in Ireland for a year and now I am planning to buy my first car here. I have a novice driver's license, but I am an experienced driver (over 10 years of license in my country).

I have a budget of €13k, so I wish to buy a second-hand car.

I would use the car to go to work (88km per week, mainly on the M50), and travel occasionally on the weekends. I live very close to supermarkets, and malls.

I've already had a Micra, a Clio and a Sandero in my old country. I found them to be too small and uncomfortable (I am 5'11" tall).

I was thinking of buying something like a Mondeo, a Corolla, a Captur, or a Jazz/Fit. I know that these cars are very different in style, but I don't mind. What do you think of them in relation to maintenance, costs and known issues?

Comments

Advertisement