Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting time for JA

• 25-08-2023 11:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi,

I just have two quick questions. I applied for Jobseekers Allowance on Monday the 14th of August - so it will be two weeks this Monday. I know this may get asked quite frequently - but how long more would you imagine it would take for it to go through? How long did you have to wait? And also will I get back paid obviously excluding the first three days for the application?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Hi

Did you apply for SWA while you are waiting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭Gympodie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Did you apply via My Welfare or paper application 🤔, you should see if you have been approved or under review in mywelfare. As JSA is means tested it can take up to 4 weeks, if you applied for SWA, same time frame. If approved it will be back dated from date of application.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭Gympodie

Hi Dempo1, it was through paper application. If I understand correctly there is not much point in applying for SWA if the time frames are going to be the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Have you access to a mywelfare account 🤔 if you had you can log in to see if your application is approved or under review, if not best to call in to your local Intero centre.

If you decided to apply for SWA now, I'd have to imagine that would take a few weeks also, it would have been best to apply for both at the sane time, that said if calling into your Intero centre to check on progress of JSA Application & if there was an issue or delay, nothing to stop you applying for SWA if you've no means but bring in your paper work

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement