Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The updated model is in production. So there may be a firesale on current stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,372 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

This. There are several improvements in the new model, the biggest is that it uses hardware 4 instead of hardware 3. If you expect the new model will sell for the same or similar list price, you'd want a substantial discount on the outgoing model

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

If you book a test drive through someone's referral link they get 100 credits, which isn't worth much, not sure.you get anything...

But if you buy a car via a referral link you get 500 euro off at the moment I think and they get a few thousand credits, worth maybe 200 euro for charging or merchandise.

Most owners here will have their referral link under their posts.

There are offers at the moment with low interest rates 0% or 3.9% I think. there aren't always sales at quarter end, sometimes they just give extra credits. Depends on stock levels, you wouldn't want to be relying on it as people use software to prompt them of discounts so they're sold in minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Email from Tesla

"Tesla are launching a price update which going live in a few days, and as a Tesla owner I wanted to let you know before everyone else gets their chance to deposit.

For a Model Y in our Existing Inventory we are giving:

- €1500 Discount

- PCP or Hire Purchase monthly repayment options of 3.9% APR.

For a Model 3 in our Existing Inventory we are giving:

- €1500 Discount

-PCP or Hire Purchase monthly repayment options of 3.9% APR.

For a Model 3 Rear-wheel Drive LONG RANGE

- €1500 Discount

- PCP or Hire Purchase monthly repayment options of 0% APR.

This offer is only valid for customer who collect their vehicle

before 30th September 2023."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Interesting thought... What happens if you complete a test drive through a referal link then place an order in the shop based on that test drive? Do you get the €500 off as if you ordered through the referal?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

To be safe, I’d order at home using the link again. Buying in store also removes a lot of your distance selling rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lola_86

What are distance selling rules?

How do you avail of this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Lol.... letter from Tesla seems fairly relevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

• Distance selling rules provide EU consumer protection rights for goods that are bought online, which means that if customer changes their mind they are entitled to a full refund of any monies paid. Of significance is that the booking deposit of 250 which is described by Tesla as "Non refundable" was actually refundable under "Distance selling regulations". However over the last quarter Tesla have become much more aggressive and pushing back on this, using the fact that if a client has actually Test driven the car before placing the order they have had the opportunity of viewing the car before purchase which invalidates the distance selling protection. In fact they have amended their Order Agreements to reflect these revised terms. I have some sympathy with this position as many customers were ordering 2,3 and 4 cars with the intention of only completing on one (hedging their bets) and taking comfort from being able to get deposits refunded on the orders that they then cancelled which had obvious implications for logistics and managing deliveries ..part of reason why cars featured in Inventory with discounts to ensure they were sold before quarter end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Yeah but what if they wanted a Tesla based on the test drive they took?

They got a referral link. Go home or go outside and order through the link. Order whatever Tesla they liked in the test drive.

Order in their partners name or their own name using a different email address they used for the test drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

I believe those initial 450mile routes were for the Pepsi snack decision (I.e trailers full of frittos etc), rather than loaded full of bottles of Pepsi, but maybe they’ve changed since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

A big indicator that the highland version won’t be a price increase and may even be cheaper. They’re clearing the inventory, and yes it coincides with end of Quarter, but the dog in the street knows that the highland deliveries will begin in Oct as soon as this quarter closes.

Unless that route has a lot of stop-start traffic, I don't think the higher weight of the truck with the bottles of Pepsi will make a big difference in range. But yeah it would be good if we knew more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭CBD2

It's listed on the SEAI website as being grant approved.

Tesla wall connector is not grant eligible. In fairness to the SEAI, they gave loads of notice to let people know what was on the Triple E list and clearly stated the cut off date.

Tesla need to update the charger or provide an accessory to make it smart.

Thanks. SEAI need to update so. I didn't need one with my Tesla as already had a charger but a friend is getting a model 3 and I was thinking I saw it on here that TWC not covered but then he sent link. Anyway, he'll get something else so.

• Advertisement

For sure. It’s a neat unit in fairness. I had one for a while that I picked up on adverts for €80 but it failed on me and we’ll out of warranty so had to bin it!

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

In fairness the SEAI website is not the best at clarification and I can certainly see why it confuses some.

a) It does clearly state that the grant will only support smart chargers registered on SEAI's SMART Charger Register (Screen shot 1). But if you look for this register online . you don't find one named as such.

b) There is also wording that clarifies that from Sept 22 grant is only available for smart chargers registered on Triple E. You can search the Triple E Register and as @CBD2 mentioned you will see the Tesla Charger is listed there, which not surprisingly leads many to believe that Tesla Charger qualifies.

You are correct that SEAI when contacted clarify that Tesla charger no longer qualifies for grant. The subtlety is that the Tesla Charger, while registered on Triple E is not a "Smart Charger". Until SEAI actually provide an accessible Smart Charger Register, and label it as, such people will continue to be confused.

Anyone see Elon Musk drive his own car (facelift Model S with FSD and HW3 - exactly like my car) with FSD v12 alpha software? This is the first version based entirely on machine learning / neural network. There is no hard coding at all and the few dozen lines of codes are just to hold the stuff together. You'll spot that the car doesn't actually come to a complete stop at a stop sign. Exactly like us humans do.

This is HUGE news, although I suspect very few people can fathom this 😂

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1djxXlVLaLOxZ?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1695247110030119054%7Ctwgr%5Eb91c965a1f6ff98c4d4a7daa3fc741d85aee2555%7Ctwcon%5Es1_

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭wassie

6:50 - "..when we get to that destination we'll change the pin, drop it somewhere else random....maybe we'll run into Zuckerberg and can can challenge him to a fight, that'll be fun"

LOL

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I find more interesting all the new hires for ADAS testers around the world. Looks like they're going for a major push to roll out FSD to more markets. I wonder how well the model will work for adjusting to regional differences. Can't imagine that FSD can manage Indian style horn usage.

Unfortunately, it's not up to Tesla to push a rollout of FSD to many markets. A large part of the world (the EU included) is covered by the UNECE, who are procrastinating. But it looks like FSD (beta or otherwise) will be approved here some time next year. Can't wait tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Spotted some posts on twitter earlier that the rumours are highland is set to be unveiled in China this Friday...

In all seriousness, do we feel it's worthy of a wait or should I take a €2K (1.5k + 500 loyalty bonus) discount on an inventory model. I obviously just need people to tell me to do it here so I don't feel like I've made a mistake....work your magic

Impossible to say. Rumours have it that the Highland will be 15% cheaper. And that it might be a hatchback. Both could be completely false of course. What is a fact though is that you would suffer a lot less depreciation if you order a Highland for delivery in 2024 than if you took the old model for delivery in 2023...

Personally I wouldn't even consider an inventory base Model 3 unless I got at least €5k off.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I don't see how FSD will be green lit in the likes of the EU. You cannot have a legitimate FSD capabilities based on video analytics alone. It's incredibly risky. Other marques and competitors solutions that have redundancy sensors including radar lidar etc are more appropriate for FSD applications. It's incredibly dangerous to propagate the fallacy that video only is appropriate for FSD. I'd legitimately don't see how the EU would clear it. Minimum standards around redundancy of sensors and systems should be the minimum bar.

This isn't me having a pop at tesla, we don't allow air craft take off without multiple redundancies in their sensor system including backups to backups of the same sensors. Why we would allow hundreds of thousands of cars out on our roads lashing around doing on the fly video analytics.

Working in the industry I'm infinitely aware of both the processing power required to analyse footage but also the huge gaps that are exposed in footage analyse on a constant and daily basis.

Video should be a central part no doubt. But I don't see tesla stripping out their other hardware as anything other than a cost cutting ploy and they'll license out their video analyse to other brands for partial fsd.

It won't muster up full fsd within a regularly framework in the EU where sensible safety will be front and center.

• Advertisement

Not the same old arguments again dude! Watch that video please, with an open mind please, it isn't all that long.

Advertisement