Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Maryborough portlaoise ISSUES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 DoctorRV

Hi All,

Has anyone in this thread requested some modifications inside for e.g. say getting appliances etc. of own specifications and measurements, changing shower tray from quadrant to square or rectangle etc. or anything for that matter. And if so do the developers entertain or how does/has it work out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 A2533

I requested some. Depends on what you want, and what stage the house is at - if it means they’ve to change work that has already been done e.g. shower tray is installed; then you will need to foot the cost to change.

You'll also need to have your 10% deposit paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lynnie85

Anyone in yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Cormac_06

Lion's Gate hasn't even started yet.....Just waiting on the EA to let us know we can get the snagger in then the 8 week countdown begins!

Sorry I thought when I say @Lynnie85 asked if anyone was in, it meant you had snagging complete and awaiting keys!

Hopefully you get the shout from EA soon.

I’m in the next lot after Lions Gate so I’m keeping close to your timeline updates! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shah91n

I emailed Hume at the start of this week and I was told 'I will be called for snagging soon' which meant to my understanding that in few days or at least next week I should!.. Anyway Lynnie85 got scheduled for snagging however I wasn't yet. So either Hume is scheduling one by one for the best of their ability or probably some houses are done yet others are still to be finished. I am not really sure! if anyone else in Lions Gate got schedule please share. I will keep you updated if they call me next week! But I would assume as Cormac_06 said, it's the countdown begins XD...

This is what they said to me.. Exact words -- "Unfortunately the developer is unable to make any changes" & responded with this when I circled back asking why since my request was fairly small and I was ready to bear costs and sourcing - "They are not in a position to accommodate changes / individual requests as they are trying to complete houses and changes( big and small) in the past have slowed down construction and progress !". However for some extras related to electrical outlets and the likes they said the electrician can do that and to contact and pay him directly. So unfortunate ! 😪🤐

We're snagging Monday...

They move the whole cul de sac in together was my understanding from the head fella. .

If we all get booked in soon as 😃 😊 we should hopefully be in soon...

I'll update ..

• Advertisement

Oh very exciting! Thanks for the update. Hope it all goes smooth for you all.

Do you mind me asking, who you’re all getting to do the snag?

Family member that works in building doing it for us...

Hi Lynnie,

How did the snagging go? I'd assume we will all be in the same ball park when it comes to the total number of snags so I'd be interested to hear what that was for yourself.

Getting asked to choose kitchen color by the developer ! Seems like there has been some amount of progress ! From experience does anyone have any idea if a target of end of November is actually realistic and achievable ? How long did yours took after such a stage if you are in or expecting to be in soon ?

What area is your house in?

My area is next after Lions Gate and they’re in the middle of second fix plumbing. They’ve said it’ll be a few weeks yet until snagging.

Would love to hear from the Lions Gate crew how they are getting on with snagging, if there were many items on the snag list etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 newtoportlaoise

What area are u in ?

we got asked to choose kitchen colour in January 22 with a august 22 completion but we didn’t get keys until March 23 .

they do this ALL the time . Lie so to keep you happy

We were late to the party and only paid our deposit at the start of 2023 when the kitchen colour had already been chosen.... But to put it in perspective, the kitchen was due for installation in our house at the start of March and we still haven't got snagging yet so there's more chance of them giving us all €100k refunds than that happening 😂

I'm going to be in Lions Gate and still haven't been notified about snagging as yet. Seemingly it's around 8 weeks from snagging starts to keys so we would all be lucky to get into Lions Gate by November

I’m at Park lane. Jan 22 to Mar 23 is one heck of a timeline! Based on this I reckon March 24 would be more realistic so !

Yeah I don’t see park lane been complete anytime soon . Lions gate is to snag next and then it seem like the forge is next then park lane . So tbh it’s taking about 4 months between stages so I say you would likely be another 8 months for you . From deposit to completion it was 25 months for me

• Registered Users Posts: 13 KJ2023

I’m also in park lane and I was asked to pick kitchen back in march! Also I’ve being informed that move in will be between January and march 2024.

• Advertisement

Have you been in the area in the recent days!? if you were around, what do you think? Does it look like they are finishing or yet a lot to do?

I haven't been back in a few weeks now but the houses looked pretty much there the last time I visited. When I contacted Hume two weeks ago they said they were painting the properties so it would be around two weeks until I would get the call to say it was ready for snagging so this should theoretically be the last thing they need to do.

The worry I have is that the stories from the group and others previously is that there is one guy going around fixing the snag list and in the past houses have had over 150 snags, so if our 12 house phase has a similar amount there is going to be some amount of work for one man to do...

Yeah you’re right it is one man and he take 1-2 weeks per house . They also let people snag wayyyy to early and then it’s all backed up . We were 8 weeks waiting for snag to be done . And even when it was finished there was so many little things not done that we just let it slide, but I think he knows that and just does the big jobs . Also when we got the keys we were told the house was deep cleaned , it wasn’t at all , it was so dusty and took us days to get clean . Just be aware .

That's not a promising news! 150 snags! uff

I hope we are going to be in the houses before Christmas!

I guess @Lynnie85 is the only house that got called in Lions Gate for snagging so they are going one by one (which god damn slow)

Surely one man can't fix all the issues? Plumber fix plumbing, carpenter fix wood etc?

I'm up there almost every day as I only live around the corner and I've no patience, love to see the progress 😁

Lions gate looks done from the outside, two cars parked there today and I saw a workman going into one of the houses on the right side. If anyone wants photos of certain areas let me know.

Can anyone give a idea of the types of big things that were part of the snag?

Absolutely!

Lucky you! I am in Dublin, I need to drive up to check at some point too!

mmm if those parked car seem to be related to someone who moved recently it's promising but also could be owned by the workers!

Please if you can take some shots of the area and houses so we can assess generally how close to the end is! if you are able to enter one of the houses 😂 that would be brilliant, you can send shots from the inside too hahahah!

Quick visit today.

Lions Gate still has a gate on it so no one moved in yet. Few cars parked there today think the workers might be leaving them there.

Can't see up park lane, but all the larger houses leading up to it are up are at the 'blue' stage.

The gates have been taken off Lions Gate.

Has everyone been called for snagging now?

Still no contact from Hume about snagging for me unfortunately and we are off on our holidays tomorrow so will have to manage any requests with a 6 hour time difference!

Anyone else other than Lynnie get called yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Yan2

Hello! New here! I know someone who got their keys today for Lions gate. I'm waiting to be called for a snag as well in same area. Still nothing. It's frustrating to wait but at least now i know there are still a few in lions gate not called. I thought we were the only one not called for a snag.

Advertisement