Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Nope. According to the BBC website in a statement from the Canadians, the Canadian Mounted Police had been giving ''intermittant assistance'' to the Metropolitan Police when they were staying in Canada. What they did say was that they were not going to provide their full security in Canada. Charlie had yet to pull their security (which they found out from the Met Officers that they were going the next day).

Would you mind providing a link to a reliable source saying that they had been given £2m by Charles?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Look up the Duchy accounts. 4 million between William and Harry infers a 50/50 split since he was getting circa 2 million a year as it was.

FFS, he was buying his clothes in TK Max sales while living in a wreck of a cottage in the grounds of Kensington Palace and only got to move out of it when it was clearly not large enough for three people.

And the Queen Mother left her entire estate to her daughter the Queen (I've explained why they do that).

Going on what you claim then, he hasn't got Diana's money yet. So he must have had nothing when he left (except for Meghan's money).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭suvigirl

No. The Met risk asses all members and decide who and what level of security is required.

Why are you blaming Charles for the last minute pull of security, nothing to do with him.

Where did I claim he didn't have his mothers money? You seem bent on infantilising a grown man. He was getting 2 million a year and the agreement was that he would continue to get that until he was financially independent. That was his desire i.e. he wanted to get cut off in time.

And most of that money in the joint account was spent on William's helicopter and private plane fetish. Note that Kensington Palace account is spending even more since then on Kate & William (who insists on using his helicopter to get him to work and had been warned by the Queen that he was using it too much).

As for what you claim is a poor work ethic. Wasn't the complaint of Meghan was that her work ethic was a bit too strong (those 5am emails). Harry has had a 10 year career in the British Army and set up two very successful charities from scratch. Hardly workshy, now is he. Since he left the RF, he has moved continents, had another child, done a couple of documentaries and wrote a best selling book and is presently taking on the British tabloids. Hardly workshy!

The issue is that his father abandoned him when there were death threats on him and his family. A bit unfatherly, wouldn't you say.

And you keep going on about the money. What sort of a grifter would refund the money the refurbisment of the Windsor house cost £2.5 or agree to pay £200,000 per annum to lease it. And what kind of a father would null and avoid that arrangement? The cottage had been a gift from the Queen, Harry's godmother? Why did Charles take it from him?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Ffs would you stop with this. Prince Harry is and was a millionaire. Literally no one buys your story that a member of the royal family was living in poverty. He wasnt living in a "wreck of a cottage" either. He was living in a 1,300 sq ft (larger than your average Irish semi d for sure) storied historical building, designed by the famous Christopher wren, in a prime central London location, for free. There are many people who would bite your arm off for such an opportunity, but as usual, it wasn't good enough for Harry and Meghan, (although Harry seemed to be happy living there before Meghan came along strangely enough)

Here is a photo of the "wreck". Looks like a well looked after old cottage to me. What you're saying just has no basis in reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

In Post #17378 I already attached the Guardian article, dated 27 February 2020, which said that the Canadians would stop providing security at the end of March once they stood down from Royal duties. So they had weeks of notice (and they should have known anyway, they chose to become independent)

From the article (yet again!)

“The assistance will cease in the coming weeks, in keeping with their change in status.”

An ever present team of driven people assigned and available to you give guidance and advice, having staff fill out forms and do the logistical donkey work, having to sit and talk to a film director about yourself then doing zoom calls with the guy writing your book. Leaving the UK with a young family and going to Canada with no concrete plans for accommodation or security or career or income but still, like you do, getting digs with a billionaire until you feel you’re ready to buy your mansion. Hard going in fairness.

I guess, in lieu of saying you wanted a fresh start/explore new opportunities, it makes a good narrative (i.e. a victim one that can be sold). A freedom flight from a rabid British press who were egging on blood thirsty right wing loons, from a family (who are also racist) who deliberately pulled their security giving them no notice and putting their lives at risk only for them to find freedom thanks to the kindness of billionaires until he, with a thematic arc of confronting his unconscious bias, could muster his courage and return to fight the good fight and save his family from themselves. It’s up there with the “car chase” in Manhattan for me i.e. deliberately exaggerated bullsh*t. It is lucrative, it dupes people but is bullsh*t.

What's the problem, then? They are paying their own bills. They're financially independent. They are de facto on their feet. Charles never pulled their security. RAVEC presumably did so. They stepped down from Royal duties. They don't have IPP and, having read the UN paperwork, I suspect they never will.

Now, will they ever STFU?

FFS, he was buying his clothes in TK Max sales 

Er, maybe everything Harry "wrote" in his Buke isn't entirely correct

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

What do you mean? Can't you see the holes in the roof and the rotten window frames? Poor Harry, reduced to buying clothes in TK Maxx. Can't you imagine the horror of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

A grown man having to buy his own clothes in TK Maxx (although that might not be true), oh the humanity!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Saves a few quid on clothes and then spends 10.000s on a short flight to play a fantastically expensive game of polo - 😀 how da fuk did this book become a best seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,631 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Its edgy when done in a thread that has nothing to do with him and is used solely as a shield to hide Harry behind.

Especially edgy when those criticising Andrew are simultaneously whining about "cancelling" Rubiales for his own unwanted advances at a woman.

Some sexual assault is fine others not, and you expect to be taken seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

So a peck on the lips in a moment of celebration is the same as the alleged trafficking and rape of a minor?

Interesting.

Maybe take it to PM I fail to see how any of that has anything to do with either thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭ForestFire

He should have called if...

What I dream the real world is like, by the Pince formly known as The Spare...

Or is it, the Spare formly know as the prince?

Or the the ejit formly known as the spare Prince !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,631 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

No need for PM just interesting to see your consistency on matters involving sexual assualt.

Same old.

It sounds like this is going to be his mantra for the rest of his life- it gains the sympathy in the short term but I’m going to be cynical here-

he’s done the “spill the beans” book about his family and played the “victim” - got tons of money for that

he’s done the “spill the beans” TV series on his family- again played the “victim” - got tons of money for that

Now that’ there’s no beans left to spill or at least that hes willing to spill right now, he’s back to his moan-fests, and again part blaming his family and playing, yes you guessed it, the “victim”

Its the only role he knows how to play and he’s doing it again and again - all for money, either directly through books etc or indirectly through his “brand”- either way, he’s making money .

I rate him much higher than Meaghan in terms of his achievements in life to date but this still stinks of an orchestrated brand advancement exercise - it’s a pity he wouldn’t even switch towards “achieving a positive life post trauma” type lectures rather than staying with the misery

It's not as if he couldn't afford therapy ffs. He's nearly middle-aged, this navel gazing and self-pity is pathetic.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

He's been in therapy since after his mother's death when he was not even a teen. So he knows how to access help. And he's got the money to pay for as much therapy as he needs. And the money and connections to jump any waiting lists and access the best therapists instantly. If he needed inpatient treatment, he'd have been whisked quietly to the very best facility in the UK.

He's never been on a years long waiting list for CAMHS, or had to deal with being bounced around the NHS for 6 free counselling sessions and not be able to pay to continue treatment.

He's wheeling out this poor ickle rich kid because that's what's got the cash rolling in the last few years. But it's wearing thin to even the most sympathetic of supporters now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

If/When Meghan leaves him, do ye think he will high-tail it back to the cold embrace of the RF?

Will they have him?

I think that possibly they will but at a distance. I think he will end up living in Africa or possibly the Caribbean like his great grand uncle. He will be tolerated but won't be in close contact with them. Person non grata.

Yep, you’ll never see him posting on boards.uk in the personal issues forum saying he’s on a 2 year waiting list to see a consultant 🤪

• Advertisement

Advertisement