Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Some more stuff about Cheick Doucouré too.

Could be an interesting end to the transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

He got away with it as he was waving the card and then changed it to a finger wave. The referee missed so much, there was the Gordon kicking the ball away when we got a free kick as well, another game and he gets a yellow for that. Rubbish refs being rubbish in the PL. To think journalists were arrogant enough to think that referees in England were the best in the world a few years ago. That was said on The Sunday Supplement on Sky so a while back, but lets be honest its not like they have improved in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

One spot left for a non-homegrown player.

Docoure would not only use that up, but at £70m we'd be using a sizeable chunk of the budget. If the manager isn't 100% convinced, we won't sign him, as it'd mean we don't get André in Jan or a non-homegrown CB. Gravenberch is the priority as he's versatile and under 21, but I think either Bayern want a bidding war with United, or the player prefers a move there. He'll be cheaper though; if we get him, we have a bigger budget for a CB when Matip leaves, or a deeper-lying CM when Thiago leaves.

My guess is the money for Caicedo was justified as he's 21, he's already the Thiago replacement, and maybe it also wasn't all payable up-front. For Gravenberch and Docoure, it being so late in the window, we need more cash-in-hand. So I don't expect £111m to be spent between now and the end of the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Can't see us signing him,can see the transfer going the way the Lavia one went. We put in a bid of say 65m but Palace want 70m,and we don't think he is worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Vvd charged for his behaviour. I look forward to this standard being applied to no one else in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Signing Dacoure wouldn't mean Andre wouldn't happen in January necessarily. They could just leave Adrian out of the PL squad for the second half of the season which would free up another spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Adrian must be some craic in the dressing room

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Stupid tackle and foolish arguing. Deserves additional sanction. Shut up and wait when you're shown a red card - he knows all red card decisions go to VAR anyway. Should be fined by the club if he ends up missing another game over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

So you're happy to go with Gomez, Matip and Konate til Christmas, all injury prone. VVD might not be as good as he was, but, still playing at a decent level and tends to be always available. He'll probably get a 4 match ban, but, likely be put straight back into the team. I'd also imagine Klopp will have had a word with him.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭JPup

Lovren vs Dortmund. What a match that was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Doucoure wasn't in the Palace squad tonight.

Granted it was the league cup but there were some key first team players involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Was watching that lad v Rangers last week.

Wasn't that impressed tbh. Playing second leg tonight, will have a look again. McCoist mentioned him as a 'baller' After he said it the player gave the ball away most of the time he passed it after that. His goal aside he didn't look like a player for us.

One game though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

He can have no complaints about that in fairness.

As captain he needs to set the standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Our ref for Villa is the lad who hasn't reffed a game since missing this a couple weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Have to agree the f-ing and blinding was a bit cringe tbh. Doesn't help it was the high profile 4:30 Sky game on a Sunday.

He's been wrong before, and honestly he could be making a joke about heading off to Egypt for the international break, but he's fairly well connected.

UPDATE: Uh oh.

• Advertisement

Klopp has said he isn't for sale I thought? Has that changed since two days ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If they offer £200m for him I'd say he's for sale. Don't want to see Mo leave though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

He's getting that sweet engagement on twitter = ad revenue money.

He's 31. 2 years left on his deal. This is the right window to sell him; it's the wrong end of the window of course. But if the money is right...

So, it's the right time to sell him, but it's also not the right time..🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

We'd be absolutely crazy to sell Salah at this stage of the window even if it is 150m+. We will not get a replacement at this stage and replacing Salah will be no easy task at the best of times if its even possible. His worth to us right now is unquantifiable IMO (just look at the gleeful reaction other clubs are having at the thought of him leaving - be bonkers).

In saying that if 150m+ offer comes in next June thats different kettle of fish. I am still wondering where the rest of the Caecedo money is hiding have FSG checked under the couch? I'm getting the sinking feeling there are no more signings in this window and thats not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Seen Arthur Theate linked. He is a defender but I know nothing about him though.

If Salah goes this window, there will be a lot of scrambling to fix the issue.

Who knows how we will end up

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

Not when it is too late to replace him.

Dig the heals in and say no, the money will still be there next summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I don't think Mo actually wants to leave as of yet, I think he has more records he wants to break in the PL and I think he knows he probably will eventually "retire" in the Saudi league or wherever he wants

A bit late in the window to look for a Mo Salah replacement to be fair

Not the type of player who can be replaced in a day or two like 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Why always us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Remember how Newcastle worked to get themselves out of relegation trouble by signing the best players from their rivals? I think they see us as a rival, another reason why allowing PIF to be in charge of 4 teams in a league competing for signing from a team they own in the PL is madness, but legally binding assurances and all that.

At the right time, perhaps. Not with 48 hrs to replace one of the best players in the world. Hence, what Klopp said.

I'll take his stance rather than some wannabee influener/ spoofer on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Robert2014

I don't believe Salah will leave in this window. He is a global sporting icon in that part of the world. The money will be there for him at the end of the season. We should try to get a bidding war going Saudi-style. All their clubs would be after him, let's see who's got the biggest pockets when it is the best time to sell. That is not this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I know the match is well over and delighted we won it but how the hell did Joelington get away with so many fouls?

The bias is there to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭antimatterx

The deadline is tomorrow right? It will be a failure if we don't get a CB and a DM.

This isn't a sudden thing that has come up, the club has failed and is still failing at succession planning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Saudi clubs don’t bid against each other. They have a centralized model for external transfers.

Anything less that £150m should be ignored. But anything in that range or above would be hard to ignore. I’m not sure Saudi will go that far re transfer fee.

Next year we are looking at 70m-100m (depending on how he performs this season and if there’s any other interest). The following year Zero. I also wouldn’t rule out Mo extending his LFC contract, although not sure FSG will want that.

if we did sell this week, we already know who we are targeting. Klopp already has his shortlist of left footed strikers. Bowen is known to be somewhere on that list. Is Joao Felix? Is Leroy Sane? Others are too. No idea who first choice is

We won’t replace Mo with his equivalent. He doesn’t exist! We’d strengthen elsewhere too. I do wonder was the Moses Caicedo money the Mo Salah money, ie if we’d got Caicedo would Salah already be gone and we’d have a new left footed striker in place.

If Mo said he wanted to go today, ask for £150m and throw an offer at PSG for Mbappe, or more realistically, Napoli for Kvaratskhelia. Mo is 31 and won't be this valuable again.

I have a horrible feeling the offer will come in after the PL deadline though, just to f*ck with a Newcastle rival after Liverpool made a show of them. As said above, this is all coordinated; apparently Howe was speaking to the Crown Prince about wanting to sign Anthony Gordon in that Newcaslte documentary so it's not a far-fetched conspiracy theory. I just hope Salah has more sense that to tarnish his reputation by going on strike at that point though.

Post edited by Sappy404 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Can we just stop pretending like Mbappe is ever going to play for us? It's embarrassing. We're not even shopping in the bracket below Mbappe.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

I dont really like when everyone starts acting like accountants. The only table we want to be top of is the league one not the net spend or transfer fees received.

No matter what we get for Salah we are going to have to overspend for a rushed replacement. I would much prefer the 30+ goals/assists that he will contribute than the extra €100m that FSG can pretend they are going to invest. As long as Salah continues to contribute as he always has then I dont care if he leaves for free in a few years. Guaranteed goals/assists are worth way more.

Anyway the Saudi money isnt going anywhere, we will still get close to €100m if Salah decides he wants to leave at the end of the season which I have a feeling is what will happen. In my opinion losing Salah now would definitely ensure we will be nowhere near competing at the top and will definitely struggle to get Champions League. I dont think an extra €50-€70m is worth that even to the most economically minded of opinions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Definitely wouldn't be selling this summer pretty much regardless what the offer is. That Saudi money is going to be flowing freely until at least 2030, minimum, and whatever amount his fee may drop over the course of the season would be worth it for the benefit of getting that money at the start of a window in which we could plan our transfer strategy. Selling now leaves us with a scrooge mcduck money pit that we can't actually use until the damage will have been done.

I'm also still not sure that he'll be rushing into that sort of deal himself anyway - he can go any time in the next 5 or 6 years and still get eye-watering, national-debt-wiping, money from them.

My cynical prediction is he'll maybe go there in summer 2026 for absolutely insane money, and be used as a big part of a push for a Saudi (and maybe Egypt co-host) World Cup 2034 push, which will be decided in 2027.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

200 million isn't enough. 300 barely is. It F*cks the club over. Not worth considering.

It's ridiculous. He's a £1m a week contract player.

I doubt anyone over the age of 12 actually believes he'll ever come to Liverpool. It's more of a pisstake I'd imagine. However, you never know these days 🤣

Even at the height of our powers when he might actually, maybe be interested, we couldnt afford.

To be fair, I don't think anyone wants to sell him this week for 150-200m but I'd share concerns that the money men may consider it good value at the fee level.

The two assists (and goal to a lesser extent) he has in the first three games are invaluable

Didn't even realise Spurs fell out of another cup competition last night. They really hate winning trophies over there.

I've not seen a single serious Mbappe comment, it's just "we shouldn't sell Salah unless we can use the money for Mbappe"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trying to cover his tracks too hard ha🤣

In London for secret meetings with the Saudis more like it

Looks like a political point about stolen Egyptian artifacts

• Advertisement
Advertisement