Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2023 **No Ticket Sales / Requests ** - It'll be grand

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Some questions, not been since 2018. Is there a premium toilet thing still there? Last time there was and unfortunately I suffer with IBS now so bowels can be dodgy in the morning.

are there metal detectors for bags? Have a small bottle of paco robanne phantom aftershave so I don’t smell like death but it’s in a metally plasticy type robot, not glass. Chances of that being taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭tom traubert

The page on the Garda website with detailed traffic routes is down at the moment, but their twitter (@gardainfo) has tweets today containing working links to the full travel advisory for all approaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

TCM on twice, playing all of The Queen is Dead at the Survivor stage at 6.15 on Sat. Half the set clashes with a certain Johnny Marr so expect them to fly through it and finish 45 mins early.

Meet up looks like Pet Sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

I've two free tickets for The Killers in Belfast this Friday. PM me if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭rockterrain

Wet Leg and The Murder Capital is a bad clash - two of the more promising acts I was excited to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

There's no sign of any times yet for most of the small stages they announced for Freetown like Six Bars, correct?

Donal Dineen is on there at some point I think but no idea when!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Barbie2k23

The Script playing the academy Friday night tickets on sale tomorrow

https://entertainment.ie/music/the-script-academy-dublin-tickets-555920/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Nothing yet but have started to do other stages so hopefully all there tomorrow

Doubtless several takers here, two sets in 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Kila not playing, just two of the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I think the app said, "Members of Kila". It's changed now.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭glennponder

They've really toploaded all the decent acts on Friday!!.....scrolling through the schedule from the start of Saturday up to the evening time, struggling to find anything I'd like to go to....wander time methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Get people in early to scoop up those 7.50 pints.

I hate marketing people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Despite all my bitching, there's a lot to see.

Yeah not the big acts that Ive likely seen before and would want to see again.

But I reckon I'm gonna embrace new things.

Bit of Reggae, bit of Havana bit of art pop and a whole lot of new bands I haven't seen live and a couple of decent known bands.

Only time I'm checking out the main stage is for the Killers.

I expect big things for 2024 though.

And the choice/diversity blows ATN out of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

This caught my eye:

All car parks will be open for early entry ticket holders from 16:00 on Thursday the 31st, and then for general ticket holders from 9:00 on Friday 1st September until 16:00 Monday 4th September 2023. The car park is staffed 24 hours a day during this period.

Hopefully can get into Red on Thursday so. We did last year but there was a long tailback so i think they just decided to get people into Red and off the road. Seemed fairly disorganised anyway.

Also, where is the Survivors stage?

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Does anyone know how it works buying a pink moon pitched tent off someone. Website states "Accommodation bookings MAY NOT TO BE RE-SOLD / SOLD ON OR PASSED ON TO A THIRD PERSON IN GRACE OR FAVOUR, without the written permission of Pink Moon Camping."

Was hoping to buy one off someone tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Genghis

The Lightning Seeds literally rolling back time on Sunday, starting 3.30 and finishing 75 minutes earlier. 😊

Have seen elsewhere that if you contact pink moon they can change the name on the booking

There is a few of those on the app but in fairness they are fixing them. At one stage pale blue eyes were playing back to back gigs with one finishing before it started meaning they were clashing with themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Once again saying loowatt in ECO, is that just carried across year after year? Anyone know what the story is with loowatt. Showers pretty close to eco now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Touch of rain Thursday morning, to stop by the time anyone is in! That’ll do nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Just be happy they’re in a tent this time, so lost on main stage before which is a shame given Brodies tunes.

True, very flat last time, main stage didn’t work, same with Ash & ABC, both much better when they’d played previously in the tents.

And btw, when looking through recent setlists today I found out this was a cover. I’d never known, am I the only one?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

I've just finished my rough plan for Saturday and it's full of overlaps and direct clashes. From 12:20 to 03:30 I have three gaps, all of them are less than 15 minutes. I'm going to have to drop some bands somewhere.

Survivors stage is behind the Salty Dog, off the path between Mother and Spike Island. It's where The Hustle was last year.

Their Fish Town slot hasn't populated yet and the IT have now corrected the earlier of the two Salty Dog sets they were named in to The Love Buzz but it's still blank on the app.

One that caught me eye is that the picture for Pixie Cut Rhythm includes Julie Hough who the app has playing in Havvk at the same time. The IT has the Havvk gig on Saturday night. There's definitely a few corrections still to come

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭Charlie

Talk about mixed messaging 🥴

“Drug 'surrender bins' to be in operation again at Electric Picnic, gardaí warn no amnesty given”

If ATN was anything to go by, I’d advise anyone who might be dabbling this weekend to be extra vigilant. High presence Undercover Guards and sniffer dogs should be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Post edited by LowOdour on

• Registered Users Posts: 21 seamieom

Asking for a friend here who's never been to EP. If they wanted to enjoy a joint or two across the weekend, does anyone have any tips on the safest way to go about it? Or quieter areas that might be suitable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Dutchy

Nevermind

Post edited by Dutchy on

Advertisement