Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Or it might have something to do with the AEW travel coordinator Rosario Grillo being a "stand in young buck"....

Images are twitter bio prior to and after Punk travel issues being revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Must be a very hard decision for TK, as I'm sure the TV execs want CM Punk for Collision and will the rating get worse without him?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Seems fairly clear there was just a mess up with the booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,606 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Punk is a multi millionaire he could have just walked to the Taxi rank or ordered an Uber when he found there was no driver there.

Also has he never used Google maps very hard to get lost in a major city while using Google maps live public transport updates.

Edit; I wonder was there drivers for all the talent that arrived.

From pics I saw he took the tube, got a bit lost (understandable if first time taking it) but some fans helped him get where he was going. Doesn't sound particularly diva-ish really.

Doesn't explain or excuse there being no driver and being given a bad phone number though. That is just either an error that any business should feel bad about and someone gets chewed out over or its trolling/bullying from a 'clique' in the company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

And @Agent Coulson it doesn’t matter whether punk is a multi millionaire or not, this was a big time event for AEW and I take it everyone else on the card and their families didn’t have to get the tube to the hotel, and nor should they have had to. AEW isn’t some outlaw mudshow.

I hope the former reason and not the latter as that’s just petty bullshit.

I see punk is now complaining that there wasn't much commucation with Tony after the incident.

Yeah it's not like Tony was sitting there twiddling his tumbs and not running the biggest show in the history of wrestling.

Phil Brooks seems to like leaking stuff to the dirts sheet these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭briany

Wouldn't surprise me to see Punk head back to WWE for a last big payday run. It just seems like his AEW tenure has been marred with these spats. I'm not saying that Punk isn't a diva, but he's also been a draw, and I think remains so if used correctly. It was sad to watch CM Punk at the media scrum with the buns that time where Khan was sat next to him looking worried when Punk was cutting into the whole setup. It didn't give off much of an impression of a person who could deal with Punk.

If he does end up parting way with AEW, I think WWE will be knocking with an offer of a program with Reigns and Rhodes on the way to WM 40.

• Advertisement

I can’t see WWE wanting the hassle given the way the last time ended nearly a decade ago. WWE would be a more mellow backstage environment than AEW is currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At the same time, I think more people would be willing to put him in his place in WWE. Like I'm sure Punk finds it easier to get what he wants from Tony than he would from someone like HHH.

But then he could've come back to AEW and been booked to go through everybody but he's not doing that. Though think most of his losses have been in multi man matches.

There aren't many who haven't come back to WWE in some form after some time had passed and the offer was good enough. It was less than a decade between the Montreal Screwjob and Bret Hart being inducted into the WWE HoF, and that's not to mention the death of his brother and the acrimony there. CM Punk's grievances with the company, though valid, pale in comparison to that.

If the WWE came to Punk and offered him a Logan Paul type deal for a certain number of appearances and a guaranteed WM main event, I think Punk would at least give it serious consideration.

MJF is 27 years old has had about 15 wrestling matches in the last two years and just headlined the biggest wrestling event ever and had 81k people eating out the palm of his hand.

The guy is amazing when sit back and just think about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,955 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I wonder were they pencilled to open the show originally. There seemed to be a bit of genuine heat from Joe towards him.

All reports so far have said that they were always scheduled to go on first

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This is a recap of what was said on Wrestling Observer Live. Credit to Trevor Dame for the recap.

• Bryan (Alvarez) woke up today to find out he got COVID on the UK trip. TRAVELERS BEWARE. (He feels fine.)
    • Bryan says he has talked to no fewer than a dozen people about all the stuff. Prefacing things by some of this stuff he's been given two versions of, in which case he'll try to give both versions.
    • Bryan talking about how the original "Punk bars Perry from using broken glass" story came out weeks after it happened, it was already well known by folks internally by then.
    • Bryan agrees with Punk that people should not in fact go through broken glass. Remembers when Goldberg hurt himself with glass. "Glass is not a good worker."
    • Jungle Boy had a planned vacation. His side's story was that he was approved by AEW on Dynamite to go rent the car and shoot the glass breaking injury angle on Collision, and when he got to Collision, Punk told him no.
    • Bryan says he didn't hear this from Jungle Boy, but his side is that he got the glass spot cleared by AEW and then Punk tells him no the day of the show, and his side thinks Punk did that because he's friends with the Young Bucks. (Obviously Punk's side is he's trying to protect people from using broken glass.)
    • On the Punk travel story, Bryan confirms that no one was there to pick him up from the UK airport, he had to take a train and get fans to direct him to Wembley.
    • Bryan has heard 2 stories. In one side Punk couldn't get ahold of anyone from AEW once he was stranded at the airport. The other side says he did get in touch with people and was given options, and he took the train.
    • Bryan was told Perry walked back after the All In match, as he walked by Punk, Punk said "Do you have a problem with me?" and Perry replied that well, you heard what I said out there.
    • Bryan says there was a lot of witnesses to the Punk/Perry fight at Gorilla including TONY KHAN
    • Punk apparently then said "You know I could beat your ass?", then Punk shoved him and put him in the choke and it was broken up immediately.
    • Bryan says the fight was close enough to Tony Khan in Gorilla that MONITORS FELL ON TONY. Lots of witnesses. Joe broke the fight up.
    • Punk was immediately angry, threatened to quit, did not want to wrestle. Bryan was told things were delayed ten minutes because of this.
    • FTR and the Bucks were asked if they could open the show and they said they weren't ready, so they asked the Golden Elite six man if they could and they said they guess they could.
    • Joe was pissed because he wanted to wrestle at Wembley so they got things together and we got the Punk/Joe match first, as we saw.
    • Bryan talking about how Miro tweeted that the story of Perry initiating physical contact with Punk was BS and now today tweeting "Nice UK cab" which Bryan says is an obvious shot at Punk.
    • Bryan says there was apparently a SECOND NEAR INCIDENT when Punk came back through the current where Miro confronted Punk and asked him about what happened with Perry, and Punk asked him if he had a problem with him now and if he wanted to step outside. JESUS CHRIST.
    • Bryan wants people to note that Punk did not say "I'm not suspended" he said no one had contacted him about a suspension. That's two different things. From the WBD side, Bryan was told the Punk match was off All Out. (Bryan was then later told they were suspended and there's now an investigation.)
    • Bryan does a "Anything is possible" but his gut is this isn't going to get wrapped up in time for All Out and they'll be off of it. Referencing how long the Elite/Punk investigation and Elite absence was.
    • Bryan also referencing how the Elite were kept in the dark on a lot of stuff during their suspension, so basically suggesting that if Punk was also being kept fairly in the dark, that wouldn't be out of the norm for AEW.
    • Bryan does not know what this all means. The anti-Punk side says you can't go after someone physically because they say something you don't like. The pro-Punk side says everyone is after him.
    • Bryan asked a bunch of the people he talked to if they thought Punk was coming back after this. Most said "Of course he's coming back" but a handful think he's done.
    • Bryan says the Punk situation put a damper on the whole All In show for "A lot" of the talent. Bryan says a friend of Punk's got so mad he punched a wall and broke his hand. (Trevor knows the rumor is this person is Brody King but he wants to note Bryan did not name him and clearly did not want to put a name to who did it, for whatever reason. Wade Keller on Torch audio said Brody King punched something in frustration. So unless this is the unlikely event of MULTIPLE PUNK FRIENDS PUNCHING WALLS/LOCKERS that night, Trevor assumes the stories are referencing the same person.)
    • Bryan says "Morale is down" and people were saying, wait for it, "Something has to be done." How many times has that been said this year.
    • To people who think people are overreacting to the down vibes about this situation, Bryan points out Tony pointed out at the All In presser how badly they fell after last year's All Out. (To be fair, Tony was also referencing injuries to Punk and guys like Cole/Danielson.)
    • (Update: Nick Hausman says he's being told the near incident with Miro is not true.)

So now Punk and Miro nearly had an incident after the Punk & Perry thing

I know who my money would on in that and it’s not the former UFC fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I would suspect a lot of that recap is a load of rubbish or blown out of proportion and things will get retracted/changed etc etc but there's no doubt something has happened and Punk is at the center of another incident again

I think I said when Punk came on board that it will be a roller coaster and it will all end in tears and here we are.

Enough is a enough at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I love the backstage drama, to be honest. It's like celeb gossip.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Joe is definitely one of the guys I can see breaking up or ending a fight. Can't say I know much about him backstage or anything but he just comes across as a professional there to work and can't be bothered with all this crap.

The fact that Punk is responsible for pretty much splitting the roster shows there's a problem.

I know there hasn’t been but this is CM punk and he seems to be very willing to hold a grudge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Punk definitely left a division with his actions but management has a lot of blame on their hands for how they've handled things too.

Creating a 'brand split' for lack of a better term and giving Punk that level of control and influence over it was asinine especially considering why that split was necessary. The fact he can tell the head of talent relations not to come to the show is bad enough and demonstrates that they guy has been given too much leash.

As someone who's a frequent Punk defender, the guy should be shown the door, whether ever incident is true or he's fully at fault, his negative impact on the locker room and tarnishing their reputation. If Tony can't stand up to the guy then he needs to find somebody who will.

It’s isn’t really good though.

Tony khan clearly doesn’t have full control over his company as we constantly hear about issues back stage and not all of them involve punk. We had that mess involving the women and the coordinated tweets where everything is sunshine and rainbows which we know isn’t the case.

why tony khan didn’t pull punk up for his carry on at the press conference I’ll never know. He’s the **** owner and he could've stoped it and if punk got pissed then so what. And I believe it should’ve never gotten to that point in the first place but it did.

we had Andrade decking sammy and not being fired for it. It’s a mess in AEW and given we need a good alternative to WWE it’s annoying because they can’t seem to get out of their own way they just had a huge event in London and all I’m seeing is the backstage drama.

Bret Hart hasn't been able a slouch with grudges either. He still hates Bill Goldberg. Got over it WWE, though.

I think Punk would enjoy the triumph of being offered a bespoke Lesnar type deal, and despite what he may say, I think he still wants a WM main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Learn something new everyday

Jack Perry is son of the late Luke Perry

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Whatever happens or happened with Punk, Khan needs to keep building up Collision without totally relying on Punk. So far its doing a good job for the likes of BCG, Starks, Miro, Hobbs, Andrade, Willow etc but needs to keep pushing/building them up more to make them stars off the show.

Overall after the success of All In, they definitely need to rebuild the likes of Rampage which has easily become a skippable show for a long time as its usually random matches with 1 or 2 silly squash matches. Invest in more storylines, attempt to build up the women's division instead of again just random matches with little to no feud/story that lead to random title matches.

As a big fan of AEW, they have a bucket load of talent which are clearly not being used e.g. Keith Lee who since his feud with Swerve was put into a silly tag team with Dustin and hasn't recovered since.

Advertisement