Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Electricity Unit Rates

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭curioustony

That's pretty much how the app works too. We are creatures of habit, hourly, daily and monthly. You can start with a HDF file, the CRU SLPs, or build a load profile from scratch. I'm working on using AlphaESS as a source as well, but they are cracking down on scraping in Oct, so might be a while to adapt to new API.

I don't and won't maintain a plan DB, so that's the leg work you need to do. On the positive side it's easy to add plans so you can adapt quickly, even if it's a door salesman special. It's also very easy to export and import plans -- just in case there was a community drive.

Best of luck and I'm burning with curiosity on how you get on...

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭idc

[Sorry for being off topic]

Alpha have an API now you can sign up to use as they provide user/developer specific keys. (Signed up a few weeks back but not had a chance to really look at it)

https://open.alphaess.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭curioustony

Thanks @idc, that's the one I need to integrate. :-). Lots of timing constraints. Will take ~1hr/year of data to download I reckon.

Then HA, then Solis cloud... In my copious free time.

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Just be sure that 3 months is a representative sample. For me winter elec usage goes up (heat pump) but it's mostly night rate. You don't want to pick the plan that suits your summer usage best just as winter starts type of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 luckycat007

Good point. However I'm still on a boiler for heat... So don't think I'll have much fluctuation on the electricity side. Main thing is that we charge our phev and tone some appliances to run between 2-5 am.

• Advertisement
Advertisement