Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer (Dublin) in the Civil Service 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

I'm thinking I need to take up a new hobby.....SJT practising.....😂

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Yes, but the scoring on the Situational Judgement questions appear to be what's making the difference between everyone here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 HBpencil

My OOM is 320s, would this be first batch of interviews or second batch etc does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MatildasMammy

How many hundred do you reckon will be called for Round 1? and how many over the whole two year time frame might be contacted?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

OOM is in the 2000s, even with 2 years it’s probably unlikely.

Congrats to everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Got almost identical scores on numerical and verbal reasoning. I'm kicking myself: I was far too complacent approaching the verbal test after doing quite well on a supposedly similar test in another competition.

Anyway OOM in lowish 200s, so we'll see.

Thanks for all the updates and advice here, everyone.

Best of luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 nooneworker

I achieved a Total Score (Verbal Reasoning and situational Judgement): 864 - Is that a high enough score to be called for an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Karen_90210

Hi, I just got my results and passed each section. But my OOM is 1,432. Which seems like crap. The email just said that the first batch will be called in September 11th week of. I'm thinking I should just forget about it with such a crap ranking. Does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭HiggieL

I actually passed, my first time trying it. I'm 1027 but so happy to pass 😁

Numerical 532

Verbal 593

SJT 488

Well done everyone that passed 👏🏼

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's unlikely you've placed well with that score. You need to have a low OOM to progress through the next stage, unless people drop out, or don't follow up when they are notified of progressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

13XX OOM on the Open. Happy enough as I made the panel and only in the CS a wet day. I think I'd be disappointed if I was there a couple of years though.

I'll tip away on brushing up my interview skills anyway. Probably won't reach my number but at least I'll be somewhat ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭koifish

Got OOM in 900s 😬 Not expecting a fast response but with them crying out for EOs (plus if some turn down the role, so don't lose hope all) hopefully that'll bring it down a bit.

Good luck all. Please keep us updated with interviews and where they're at with OOMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭leprechaunxwwwx

Unreal, seriously. The difference between choosing adequate and good or good and very good answers could have got you. This is wrong. Actually gutted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭elfie123

people in batch 1 have already been sent their interview invites for that week in September !

I got OOM in the 290’s, I wonder what batch I’ll be in, hopefully not waiting too long

Also the numbers are very close this year! A friend of mine scored 50 points less than me and is 360 behind me on the OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 17,473 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Amazing that just a difference of 100 points equals a difference of 800 on the OOM - must have been lots of people scoring in a very narrow range of scores

Not expecting much from this comp but will have qualified for the interdepartmental one next year so will have two rolls of the dice

• Registered Users Posts: 2 siobhandel1975

Do you know what number they call up to by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Oh, that's interesting. Nothing in my inbox - but thanks for that info!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭koifish

Also - am I right in thinking a positive interview can still impact your OOM? (so reduce it/get called sooner) Think that was the case for the TCO panel anyway 🤞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 EoghanMc

That's odd, I got 1113 and am placed 753!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

I think I've a fair understanding of the whole process but quite unsure of the Interdepartmental/Open. Do they flip flop between the 2, every hundred or so? Or do they exhaust interdepartmental first and then onto Open?!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭EduKate

My OOM is 190's.

I didn't get an interview date yet.

Do you know what number the first batch went up too?

My friend who was sent her interview invite is in the 70’s 😊 no idea up to what number has been called overall for batch one though

Thanks, at least it's a number we know at least 70 got called, thanks again and best of luck 🤞

How do you qualify for the interdepartmental one?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,473 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Only have one that's why it didn't show on results 😞, thanks for the reply 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 jessshel

I got OOM 60 on the open stream and 18 in inter. Have been called for first stage interview they seem to be moving quicker than last year. I failed my interview last year on people management 🥲

Advertisement