Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

Diets. Ugh.

I dunno what happened really, I was mostly doing ok munching on celery and lettuce etc but then this afternoon I swam back into consciousness when my spoon hit the bottom of the ( distressingly ) empty lemon curd jar. It's all hazy. I may have blacked out from the pleasure.

I blame the Offspring, her homemade lemon curd is tangy, sweet yellow joy on a spoon.

I'm only human, right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Twats with bangers again, it’s August 🥱… go buy yourselves a PS5, download Netflix, take up whatever fitness fad and just do something else other than, being an annoying little small skulled troublesome scrote simpleton…. ‘ it makes noise, great heheh ‘🙄 🤷‍♂️

25 years ago, yeah, people had a handful of tv channels and SFA other entertainment outlets… now, being bored isn’t possible, bangers, Jesus 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

College starting up again soon. You know what that means. Big Irish arses in leggings and FUPA everywhere. <3

My favourite fashion label, on the website, … 291 men’s items , shirts, t shirts , sweaters, shoes, socks, coats, jackets, scarfs, underwear… but not one single belt…none. They do casual and more formal wear…

but not a fûckin belt to be seen…lots of articles of course on sustainability, climate change and anti slavery and varying hokey that people just logging in hoping to buy an item or two of clothing won’t read but can’t bother their hole to stock a single belt for men….😝

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Thought we were all ahead of the game installing a cheapo little bidet attachment onto the toilet. But instead we've created a small leak from the water intake pipe that we cannot get sorted. So now we've to call the plumber to fix our mistake (whatever we did). I'm sure he'll come out, tap the pipe once and get it fixed immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

Did you DIY it? A clamp on tap in valve on the toilet pipe that punched a little hole in the pipe to supply the bidet? Plumber call out won't be cheap, though he'll have it done 5 minutes. Would have been cheaper to attach a short garden hose on the the basin tap, one with the adjustable nozzle for a fast jet and extra pressure! Far more enjoyable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I've said before, may times, and I'll say it again, many times - 2pm meetings.

Also, my shoulder/neck has been at me for three full weeks now. Finally gave up and have an appointment with the physio tomorrow. So it's practically an ironclad guarantee that I'll wake up tomorrow as right as rain.

Newish neighbour with more workmen / builders arriving at ungodly hours of the AM….

since they moved in a few months ago it’s non stop builders and work going on…. Early ! Illegally early starts at times…I don’t know why, it’s basically a show home that they’ve purchased…..but my guess is it’s works for facilitating a home business …there is an animated conversation as I type outside mine between the builder and the property owner themselves who sounds like a complete dumb cünt to put it politely but the upshot seems to be the ‘next stage’ of works will commence in a couple of weeks.

Some work done so far never had planning permission applied for or granted ( I checked, it needed it ) So evidently we lost great, friendly, courteous neighbours, gained selfish… ‘ fûck you and planning laws, and your early AM peace and quiet ‘ type me feigners….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Never got back to me this morning over the picture, called and was told they work remotely and the message would be passed on. Saw them online about 30 mins ago posting. I'll give her till tomorrow and after that....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

People buying containers for things that already come in useable containers such as cereal and milk.

Likewise, people putting things like bunches of bananas or spring onions in those little plastic bags the shops have for loose fruit and veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭Archeron

The betterware catalog, if anybody knows it, had a plastic banana case. You put your banana in this case to keep it intact. Even though bananas already come in a tough outer coat and probably wont fit in the size-average banana container anyway, but yours for just 8.99.

They also had a chrome banana hook. An implement that you hang a bunch of bananas from, suspended above your kitchen counter, for no apparent reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

They are great for attracting fruit flies.

TA every time I go out into the garden in the evening to put the food out for the wildlife the flying wildlife feeds on my. My ankle is swollen, chewed and itchy as hell!

Ah yes, the Betterware catalogue. Or Shıt For Old People, as it was known in our house.

I think the banana hook was meant to stop them ripening too quickly on one side or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Words with friends have got rid of the Lightening round , or hid it away

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Very trivial ones...😀

Clearing a few emails -

One has a tracking link for a parcel that I received at around 9:30 am but An Post is still showing 'out for delivery'

Electric Ireland bill still has a link to 'Talk to Us' forum here on Boards.ie but it died about 2 years ago..

Oh well 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Timfy

Ready for my bed but a bit nibblish... made the absolute best toastie but TA that its so hot that I wont be able to eat it for about six weeks.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I am on season 5 of Walking Dead on Disney and I just realised that no one who wears glasses has survived the zombie apocalypse.

Also annoying that no one calls them zombies

Not very realistic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Irish weather. Article on the news about the Super Moon tonight . So i go out to see it , then go for a drive in the countryside . Fcuking cloud cover everywhere 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

I'm in bed trying to wind down and I have a terrible craving for peanut m&ms which I have a bag of upstairs. Sensible me is saying not to eat them as it might affect my sleep which I am having problems with. But they would be so satisfying. But it's getting late. FFS

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Two of each colour, wait twenty minutes, brush gnashers, try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

I nearly milled the whole bag. I gorged. No self control.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In fairness that's me to a tee. Sharing pack?. Me, my self and fcuking I is the share there. Same for pringles 🥴

• Registered Users Posts: 16,916 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Still awake too, but no peanut M&Ms to devour.

Another mug of tae for me shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

A Post also sent me an email today saying my parcel was awaiting delivery, but it was delivered yesterday morning. Email and text received yesterday about same delivery. From Ireland so no custom charges.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Serving suggestion: sharing pack

Plus, you deserve it/them. Also, you are the one you bought it/them, so no need to waste your hard earned money on people who wouldn't appreciate it.

• Advertisement

Forgot I'd be working from my boyfriend's house this morning and never brought my keyboard and mouse with me. My back is broken trying to type on the laptop keyboard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement