Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer (Dublin) in the Civil Service 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dubliner2023

Does anyone know what happens when you're in both the open and interdepartmental? Are there two separate interviews, do you get placed on two different panels? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 M1ntyPyth0n

OoM in the 220s

Numerical: 735 / 800

Verbal: 720 / 800

Situational Judgement: 488 / 800

I'll be honest, I have no idea what happened with situational, I can't seem to judge the strength of responses / most appropriate one well at all.

I had a half finished written exercise answer so I don't know that that was taken into account for the OoM at all yet?

Congrats to everyone who got through to the next round anyways, and hope the first batch get through interviews alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Somehow failed the situational judgement. No idea how. The answers are very subjective so not sure what I missed. Anyone know why there wasn't a score for the written scenario?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EoghanMc

• Registered Users Posts: 20 monaghan2022

Under 150 oom not called to interview yet I’d say first 100 called just. Started as a CO just but I’d only take Dublin if straight away blended as over an hours commute.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The written scenario was meant to be for the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bookworm23

Does anyone know if the interviews are online?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Help_Dubai

Does anyone know up to what number on the OOM was called to interview in last years competition? Like where would you need to be for an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

They exhausted the Dublin panel last time, that's why they ran a Dublin only competition this time around. Rest assured, everyone who passed the exams will be interviewed at some stage in the next 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,473 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

And that panel was supposed to run for two years (same as this one)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Help_Dubai

But if there are over 2000 on the oom here, surely those at 1500-2000 won’t get an interview? Must have been a huge percentage of people didn’t bother going to interviews last time or failed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Seems a bit of a wasted effort doing it at this stage when anyone who failed won't get to an interview

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭HiggieL

@Eod100 This is part of the interview process

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭blondie1985

I got placed off the panel last year . You only get called once for the interview and get scored for both based on that interview.

So doing well in the interview can move you up the OOM? Does it change it a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

You're missing out the other possibility, that there is huge vacancies at the EO grade across the Civil Service, particularly in Dublin. There is a slight difference in the last competition as people who placed high on the OOM of a county other than Dublin might reject the offer of an interview. But about 1,500 people were offered an interview in Dublin since Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jessshel

Ye they are on zoom

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭koifish

1500, that's mad! I didn't even think they'd process that many COs.

And Fritzelly I've heard the interviews can influence your OOM - if you perform well and/or have anything new to add (new work experience, studying etc.) it could reduce it or else just stays the same I think.

Will have to have a word with the AP then - "so about that acting up thing..."

Mentioned earlier in the thread there's about a 25% attrition rate at EO level or so I was told by an higher up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

This is my first tilt at this, so please excuse what could be a silly question: my OOM, is that unique to me? Or is it possible that these rankings are joint? You can see what I'm driving at: If I have an OOM of, say, 100, does that mean that there are 99 people ahead of me in the rankings? Or is it possible that there are 3 people at No 99, 25 people at No 98, etc? (this latter scenario turned out to be the case when I went for a role in the public sector, so I'm just wondering if it's the same with the PAS)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭HiggieL

No I am pretty sure everyone has unique number. So if you were 100, 99 people are ahead

It's unique - if you were 100 there would be 99 people ahead of you and the next person would 101

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Brilliant - thanks, @HiggieL and @fritzelly !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭Guffy

Id assume the maths test would be the tie breaker for same scores then?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

My understanding is that maths never plays in whatsoever. If two+ people tie they'll just be randomly placed next to each other on OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Catalan69

I was in the 1400s/680s open/Inter and interviewed. There were a month or two of Interviews after my number my reached

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Shanehoof1000

It is not envisaged that appointments will be made from this competition after 30th June 2025.

The Dublin panel was exhausted in both the Executive Officer 2020 and Executive Officer 2022 competitions.

I emailed them last night and got the above response , I hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭skidmarkoner

So considering they reached 2000s in last years within a year I'd say they'll easily hit the same again this year.

Plus with record employment hundreds will have other jobs by the time the their oom is called.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Mid 700s on math, 600 ish verbal, 373 situational, passed by the skin of my teeth on that one. Expected, I was confused by it.

Oom 1900s. Don't think I'll be getting called anytime soon!

Post edited by PmMeUrDogs on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭rosknight

Would be interesting to know How many were placed on the Panel? This would be an indicator of how many positions they expect to have to fill.

I expect they set the pass mark to get a quota for the panel.

Advertisement