Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

BBC THREE have a Christmas film on ,Lost at christmas and its not American! and i haven't seen it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭fits

I gave my two boarding cards about three days before we travelled. Designs available on canva. They are a bit younger though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The were only bought "recently" as in last 10 years. Picked them up in Arnott's. The baubles were in the 10-20 euro for one price range ...sounds a bit dear but nostalgia and they look lovely...I got a bauble and one that looks kinda like an old fashioned spinning top.

I tried to google them but not getting a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'm laughing here looking at the Waterford Crystal website were single decorations are 55-110 each ......mine obviously come from the budget range 😂🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

I know I've never seen it, but is that the one where they get lost in Scotland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Yes that's it ,actually isn't to bad for a boring Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Very/Littlewoods have their stock up but the site won't let me add a link.

This little girl looks like she's trying to murder a little polar bear!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A cup of te

I can't unsee that now 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I don' think we have any Waterford tree stuff. It's mainly Tipperary or newbridge, most are gifted. In BT's shop was a weird Reindeer which I absolutely loved. If I could get him home I would have gotten two for the porch.

With all the messing around with flight cancellations last night half the attendees at my meeting in London couldn't make it so I get off flying tow days in a row. Though I will not be able to recreate lovely actually in Heathrow! Fly back tomorrow to Dubai, hoping my newbridge decorations arrive before then.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Morning all, been an eventful few days for me since Saturday, woke up sick as a dog and had to visit the porcelain god several times, but had tickets for the college football game in the aviva that night and was determined to go to that.

Had a 6.30am flight the next day to the UK on Sunday morning which meant I got a whole 4 hours sleep before having to get up and get to the airport. Had a train cancelled yesterday to get me back to the airport and with the chaos in the UK airspace we were delayed coming home but thankfully got home. Still battling a bug I no doubt got from my little boy and exhausted from a long day of travel yesterday.

Weather feels so much cooler this week already and so cloudy that it definitely feels summer is over and Autumn is well and truly here. Won't be long before Christmas stock is readily available everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Yikes, hope you're on the mend @Loughc, hot milk and pepper should stop the trips to the jacks.

I fly tomorrow at lunchtime and am hoping the back log is cleared by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Back to work after having a week off & this forum has well and truly come to life - 109 unread posts for me in this thread alone!

@Cork Lass many warm wishes on your retirement!

@Sunrise_Sunset we need a full trip report on Lapland, it's something that me and Mr. CL actually agree on; we'd love to do bring the kids.

Last day of the summer holidays here, our gang are back to reality tomorrow. Listening to them playing here while I'm working and know I'll miss the sound of them in the house tomorrow in spite of me being glad to have them back to normal!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think it cleared quite quickly once the issue got resolved, the biggest problem they had early afternoon was they weren't sure of the issue so flights had 3-4 hours delays, I got way with just under a hour delay.

Honestly looks like a murder waiting to happen haha.

Convinced it was only last week we went into the 130's!!

Last 20 days flew by!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Sunday fortnight is DDD (99 days to go) and we all know what happens then...

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

My daughter and her friend were due to fly back to Cork yesterday and they got a message saying that flight was cancelled and they were rebooked for tomorrow evening. They contacted Aer Lingus customer service and were told that they would cover their hotel for the 2 nights and meals (within reason). She's not back to college until next week so it's a bonus few days in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Will do!

We're going with Sunway, but a lot of people go DIY. And now Ryanair fly direct to Rovaniemi.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

Working from home this morning and it's the first time in a long time I've thought about putting on the heating! You can really feel the change the last week or so where I am in the South East.

Same up here definitely much colder at night and in the mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

And how quickly it is getting darker in the evenings. I went for a walk just after 8pm last night & when I was crossing our road at 8.40pm, I was conscious of how dusky it was...was very glad to have my hi-vis on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm happy with the weather getting colder. I can finally sleep well again. I've struggled all summer.

I can remember having to turn on the heating in July just to take the chill out of the place to be honest.

On a more positive note, August has flown by about 3 times quicker than July did.

Had the heating on in the car this morning, was nippy enough.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 38,319 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Had a great time in London even with the Flight cancellations, got home eventually last night and will hopefully get something back from Ryanair. AEW was amazing and is returning next summer

Waterford Winterval have updated all there social media platforms 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Yep definitely feeling a chill on the air. Still in flip flops and shorts when I'm working at home but my feet have been decidedly chilly the last two night. 😅

Soaking up the last couple of minutes with the kids before they go to bed ahead of their first day back in school tomorrow. On the 30th in June we were on the ferry to France at this time. Seemed to go by in the blink of an eye 😭

Wife had two bags of Summer clothes that she wanted put up in the attic about an hour ago. When I was up there I looked across at the Christmas decorations and thought to myself, won't be long now. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Condensation on the windows of the house this morning. It's coming 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well some of say it Autumn now others say it's on Friday.

I didn't get any trip to the seaside/beach this Summer. Between work and just the weather. I might get one in September but working a lot of it.

Another thing about this Summer was we didn't have much of those endless Summer days. I love going out later in the evenings for walks/etc.

Just saw an ad saying The Great British Bake Off is coming soon.

• Advertisement

Tuesday week, 12th September it starts on channel 4.

Advertisement