Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi e-tron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Had a look at them while in Audi the other week, Apart from the battery size and the kinda of reversing noise a truck makes when the boot is closing I couldn't really see any difference.

What the lad said regarding home charging the car would cost approx €40, How much does it cost present E Tron owners? I've only got the charger installed the other and haven't used it yet as I've being using the work charger.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Mine makes the reversing noise but only when I use the kick to close. Charging is going to depend what rate you have with esb, you could def doe it for less and €40 is 0-100% which you wont be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,023 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

It's a 106 kwh net battery, will take 15 hours to charge on a home charger from empty.

My night rate is 14.75 incl vat for example, now obviously you aren't going to charge that from 0 to 100 in a night but a full charge at night rate would be 16 quid or so, Mark must be using expensive electricity.

My Etron 55 has a 86.5kwh battery so costs 12.75 to charge

This is as more recent rates it used to be a lot less!

I'm with the ESB and called them while in the process of buying the E tron, They put me on a night boost rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I've just picked up a Etron 50 Quattro, but have yet to install a dedicated wall charger, just using the 3pin at the moment. Can anyone recomment a good charger they are using for their ETron, did you purchase it separately, and get lecky to install it? I'm a bit lost of the grant stuff, and where to go next.

• Advertisement

There's a whole thread on it, but you need a reci to install to get the grant, net cost to you is around 6-700 euro. They are all much of a muchness, do you want tethered or untethered? Any solar?

I have a local RECI just around the corner from me, and they said they will fit one. I have heard of some EV owners buying their own wall charger(circa 300euro), and getting a RECI to fit it, would this still allow for the grant subsidy?

Tethered maybe a better option, so it's all hardwired, but then hope the charger cable is long enough. No solar unfortunately.

You can buy your own and have it fitted and claim the grant no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Just apply for the grant and get approval before you get it fitted.

I went for a 7m cable on mine to give a bit more flexibility.

Can you recommend a good charger, or is there any charger that people normally go for?

• Advertisement

i have an eo mini pro 2 personally, they all do the same thing really.

I got a Zappi charger as a lad in work has one the last 5 years and had no issues, Have a lot of mates that are sparks but to busy so just got the crowd the lad in work used.

Charged the car for the first time over the weekend using the charging app rather than the car.

Worked grand considering the issues I had when I first got the car.

I was on to AUDI about getting my old dashcam fitted to the E tron, And the answer i got was absolutely no way.

That it has to be an Audi manufactured dashcam/approved one and that I could void the warranty on the car.

Anyone come across this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Typical main dealer nonsense. When Audi started supplying dashcam they were rebadged/overpriced “Blackvue” models. Get a decent Auto Electrican to connect your dashcam for you using a fuse tap or similar. Explain that you need it to be easily removable. Then if you ever need to use Audi for warranty you can remove it yourself before you bring the car into them.

Wouldn't mind one of the dashcams on Audi shop.ie is the same make Nextbase.

That's nonsense, if you want a discrete dashcam I can recommend this one fits in as part of the mirror assembly so totally discrete.

http://www.adverts.ie/27999315

Seller is sound as well 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The ones that attach to the mirror housing are usually pointed up too high. I'd be hesitant getting a €65 camera as cheaper cameras often aren't nearly as good as night.

Googled Audi dashcam and the prices from the German site €420 and the Irish one €682 wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If you’re parked in work for 8 hours it adds nearly 20 kWh. Deffo worth it if you have access to 3 pin sockets where you park.

Used the Ionity units in kill at the weekend, I have to say the way the cables are with the tensioner is a much better set up than the fixed length jobs. Before you'd have to have the nose of the car right up and be parked on the line of the parking space to stretch to the ccs

So since AUDI sorted out the issues I had I've being enjoying the car, So any idea about the figures above and how to interpretate them, And another thing I noticed but thought it was just myself till the missis was in the car. When going over speed ramps my A6 would glide over them, Were as the E tron bounces a lot more going over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭joe1303l

It’s well known that that model of E-Tron is a pretty inefficient EV. Your figures bear that out. It’s a big heavy beast and would be a lot heavier than an A6 hence the difference in suspension over bumps. Bigger wheels wouldn’t help either if it has them fitted.

That's the UK consumption method you're displaying. You want to change it to kwh per 100 kms which is more used here.

You're getting 4km per kwh which is 25kwh per 100kms. Pretty high consumption but normal for an etron. That's going to go well over 30 in the winter.

Yep mine is an average of 26.8 over 12 months and 17,000km in a sport back

My dad's is in around that too, small mileage though. Big battery in the 55 compensates.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭staples7

well its 2.5 tonnes and 360-400 bhp depending on mode, something has to give 😁

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies guys, The E tron is on 21inch wheels compared to the A6 20inch, I managed to change the consumption to KM( was wondering why it wasnt in KM as the odometer was.

Regarding charging the car between 20/80 % as the optimum and only charging to 100% for longer journeys, Do you stick to that? I calculated the usage the other week 212km with 64% of battery used. That's with the aircon on I'm still trying to get used to sitting up so high in a car. Other than that it's a cracking car.

Advertisement