Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Throttling/capping download speed on American purchased phone.

Options
  • 30-08-2023 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all,

I purchased a S23 Ultra last month in the states as I got a great deal on it.

I had done my homework prior and knew I'd have to unlock a few more operating bands to open up full coverage for Europe.

I have enabled all operating bands that are on the phone so I should be getting great speeds on 5g etc but I'm not.

Every place I go, I'm getting capped to 10Mbps. I changed my sim card in vodafone today and the guy at the counter took his phone out and did a comparison for speed. He was getting about 180Mbps and I was sitting on 10Mbps.

I am just after popping in a Gomo sim I've  lying around and I'm getting about 250Mpbs here.

I'm confident the phone is not the problem and I'm wondering would Vodafone have the IMEI capped/flagged as it's not an Irish purchased device? I had seen mention of something similar by a user on XDA.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement