Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭upthedeise16

Abbeyside Fourmilewater was as bad a senior hurling game as I’ve ever watched. 3 sent off all correctly, 2 for Abbeyside and 1 for FMW. It was littered with mistakes, I’d say Abbeyside missed 5+ frees as their free taker was sent off and dropped maybe 8 short. FMW were 7 points clear with a minute to go and wouldn’t even say coasting as they were terrible but as they did against Passage, Abbeyside got 2 late goals and were unlucky not to force ET. But it was shocking stuff throughout the 60+ minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭914

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Punt Road

Thanks 914 … I’ve seen this but this is more artistic impression stuff during early development

I guess I was looking for the final spec.

What I really am keen to find out is ..,are they putting a terrace on the town end like this video shows or a dreaded admin building like I’ve seen on a few other plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

The only quarter final I didn't see. However I saw Abbeyside v Passage and Abbeyside v Dunhill and both were awful. Really disappointed with Abbeyside this year. I accept they had injuries but with the players they could put on the pitch they should be expressing themselves more. They look over coached. Treen, Callaghan, Montgomery and Kiely up front are all decent club standard at least. However the ball was passed around pointlessly before going in to them.

I wasn't there today but I was told they got their two goals when they abandoned the lateral passing and put Kiely and Prunty inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Any match report for Roanmore v Mount Sion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

Mount sign were dreadful sorry best I can do . I’ve watched a good few matches over weekend on clubber tv while I have seen flashes of brilliance in point scoring and odd goals the marking is often shocking in games . I’d like to be seeing new players coming through to play county next season .

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Walsh Park open for one of the semi finals this weekend. De la salle v roanmore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

No they’ve scrapped that admin building down the town end thank God. common sense came from somewhere and the co board were told it was more important to have adequate facilities for spectators rather than a place for the suits to cosy up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭914

I believe that admin building has been shelved and a terrace is the preferred option, although I am not sure what phase it falls under

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭tommylad1212

I found the email it was voted at county board,cut football to 10 teams 36 votes to 10 , not to cut the hurling 44 votes to 4, not done by players survey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

Hopefully the next phases follow on sharpish...

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Football is 10 currently I think, but will go down to 8 over the next few years. As I said above, the proposals brought to the meeting were based on the findings of the players survey. Naturally the clubs had their say & debated the issue before voting. The players survey suggested current players were happy with 12 senior hurling team championship. The committee that instigated the survey didn’t deviate from that in bringing their proposals to the board meeting.

I think that same survey also showed players were happy with running off one championship completely before starting the other championship. It leads to a very condensed championship in my eyes, but maybe some wouldn’t field in football if it was on during the hurling championship.

It will be 8 teams next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can see a lot of neutrals heading up to the DLS vs Roanmore because it been the first game in the redeveloped Walsh Park

Surprised they didn't hold a double header, Fourmilewater probably wouldn't of minded travelling down

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

€20 Euro admission i think is a bit much to only see the one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭siyo

€20 is a robbery for club games. €5 to go to Kilkenny club games, attracting big crowds too.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Should be a double header. I've the season ticket so I didn't realise the price was €20 for one game. Way too high in the current climate.

Fourmilewater would have to travel further but that's offset by having previous games in Fraher field and St Mollerans which are both closer to them than they are to Ballygunner.

Ballygunner coach David Frank's going to be part of Wexfords senior management team

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

€5 is surely group games in KK, so not a fair comparison. But €20 for a stand alone semi is steep. For a double header you could justify it. €15 max for a semi final on its own IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,687 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If I recall correctly, in Clare's Championship in 2022 it was even more; €25 for Semi-Finals, and also not Double Headers. Attendances reflected the price so-to-speak as they weren't great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

He was a coach under Rossiter with Wexford u20s for the last 2 years, on the ticket chat in Wexford the charge this year was €15 for QF and SF double headers, final was €20 and double header with a Junior A Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Nedflanders02

Yeah your right €5 is for the group games, I think they changed it last year to €10 for the knockout games and €15 for semi final (double header) and final. The one thing I will say is that all of the group games and majority of first round and quarter finals are outside of Nowlan Park so all the gate receipts go to the hosting club and participating clubs.

From a KK fan, just seen the pictures or the redeveloped Walsh Park and it looks like a great job! Best of luck with looking forward to next years league game and getting a better look at it!

Clubber tv fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JD. 60

I see TG4 are scheduled to show the Senior club final ; listed for September 10th.

That would mean no break from the semis ? Of course, Waterford GAA website fixtures schedule doesn't list the Senior final !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

No break at any stage in the calendar for the senior blitz…..

Fourmilewater won't fear Ballygunner and have gave them a big challenge in previous years

DLS vs Roanmore is a tough one to call, Roanmore going in on a high after beating another city rival Mount Sion while DLS scrapped over the line against Clonea

Ill go for a Ballygunner vs Roanmore final

Senior football starting 16th September

Least be ready for the masters

• Registered Users Posts: 14,687 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Haha Christ

To be fair to him, he’s a member in Dromoland and members were being asked to volunteer for players that don’t have a caddy

• Advertisement

Our Davy sure gets around

Advertisement