Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭farmer2018

Who are people using to deliver a pallet of coal from the north to Limerick and what price are they charging please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

FYI - they arranged the delivery, so I didn't need to. Just outside Limerick a couple of weeks ago.

EasyGlow

€10.30 per bag 50x20Kg Smokeless Coal Ovoids, Large for Cookers

SKU: #SL-LGE50

1 × €515.00

1 items €515.00

Shipping €60.00

Standard 5% Tax 5% €24.29

Coupon (FJ2022) --€5.00

Total €570.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Have you used those yet,looking to get a half ton myself but reading back a few pages they have mixed reviews.

Or anyone else with experience please comment and update

Thanks

Dash

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭farmer2018

It was a truck from Eoin Galvin Transport in Bunratty that dropped it off. But no idea what other companies were involved, if any.

• Advertisement

Not yet, still too warm in the house to have the stove going. I got the small ovoids last year and still have about 20 bags left. But wanted to use the larger ones, as they seem to burn better in the stove we have with the firewood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Cheers for the reply heard that the larger ones are better to use in a stove and thats what I.have

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Old McGroin

OK, this looks tempting at this price. I've never ordered in bulk like this before though and I'm a bit nervous of spending so much on something that might not be great, but I want to get something soon! I have a large enough stove, can't remember the kW and all that but it's enough to heat 18 radiators. Would the large Ovoids be suitable for that you think? I'll be using wood (birch I think) as well.

It can be quite subjective. I haven't used any of this yet and won't be for another while. What I got last year was OK and I didn't have any issues, but people have had issues with different batches, even from the same suppliers, so not possible to be able to give you any guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

don't be afraid to message the company telling them exactly what you have and they will advise you which works best for you, my brother inlay has a back boiler and 20 radiators and uses a blend of stuff because he was told the ovoids wouldn't generate the required heat, wether that's true i not i don't know he can be a bit of a prick and might have said that because we have ovoids and they work great lol

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Lancashire-lad

When I had a back boiler with a open fire. You are better off burning house coal. Which will give you a long flame to go under the back boiler when you open up the damper.

Hi my Chimmy sweep say it is bad for your Chimmy lining to burn logs and smokeless coal at the same. Due the gas's they give off.

On your stove I think you should try Welsh anthracite. It is cleaner and work out cheaper in the long run than using man made smokeless coal.

It can be hard to get going so I made a fire smokeless coal once they are burning I add the anthracite.

It keep well off night when you turn the air down.

I get up next morning turn the air up once the anthracite is burning again I add more anthracite.

Once that is burning I turn the air vent down to the require heat output.

If you I be of further help. Please ask

I wouldn’t trust anything a chimney sweep has to say, is he qualified in the burning of fuels and gases emitted or is he just trying to be nice for a tip 🤷‍♂️ each to their own and all that

he’s just a bloke with a brush and a hoover, I wouldn’t ask a window cleaner about the best glazing to use

Hi the coalhut.com is currently selling surelite for £469.99 a ton uk delivered

If you put your postcode into the website they tell you, the delivery cost.

Have you try it on a open fire

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Where on the site are these hiding? Can't see calorific values anywhere in the spec of any of the "Authorised Fuels"

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Old McGroin

Thanks, had a look but when I put in my Eircode nothing happens unfortunately. Is Surelite good for stoves?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,454 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

They don't deliver to the Republic. UK delivery only AFAIK

OK very sorry.

Do you know if it anygood on a open fire?

Thanks

Hi I am very sorry I never brought it before.

I was looking to buy it to use on a open fire because it cheap and it not made my CPL.

On my stove I burn pure anthracites which give me best the value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭wassie

coalhut.com looks like its a reseller of Hayes fuels - same pictures of coal.

Nothing special about their pricing.

• Advertisement

Hi you are correct "The coal hut is part of the hays fuel group  of Companies which is one of the leading Coal and Solid Fuel importers in the United Kingdom" from coat hut website

There pricing is very good compared to other English company . i can not find another company online or in my area who can delivery a ton of smokeless coal for £469.99.

Have you ever brought smokeless coal from capper tranding there prices look good to me and they do delivery to England. There cheapest smokeless coal is £500 a ton delivered.

Thanks.

forget about England you want to be looking for a company in Northern Ireland

dandy have the hayes products and delivery is €55 I think

Coal wharehouse and easyglow are other options to check too

Hi thanks for your reply dandy's is £542.00 for a ton of heys surelite they now charge £100.00 to delivery to mainland England.

Coal warehouse do not delivery to England. Easy glow smokeless are to more expenses due to extre bank charges for a non sterling debit card payment

Does anyone know is heys surelite is any good.

Thanks for ant help.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,454 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Wrong forum?

Yes I live in Lancashire in England. I am looking at Irish coal merchant. To see if I can get more value for money.

The English market is mainly stuff from CPL. Who smokeless coal make lots of ash and is poor value for money. Plus there package is far to thin. It soon rips in storage.

So I join this board looking for help.

Thanks

you will not get better value from the irish market when most folks on here are getting it delivered from the uk

import tax and shipping plus the price of coal here is mental

Hi I was wrong coal warehouse does delivery to England for free.

So please can anyone give me a review of there smokeless Ovid.

Thanks

So how come coal warehouse can delivery a ton of smokeless coal for £440.00.

No one in the UK is selling smokeless coal so cheaply. Both online or locol coal merchant.

• Advertisement

Advertisement