Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,478 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

@BlueSkyDreams If there was an accident in Swords and four teenagers died and there was GAA matches /Parades, etc in the Swords area planned. Then there's a chance those events could be cancelled. However it wouldn't effect other areas in Dublin county/city.

Similar there was plenty of other events that went ahead in county Tipperary this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Romero

I'm sure there were parades in Waterford and Kilkenny If you wanted to go to one of them. But for anyone to think that going ahead would have been seen anyway other then disrespectful to the family and friends of the victims I really find hard to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tiegan

Clonmel is the largest inland town in Ireland!! Just as a FYI for all those saying its a small town. The whole town is grieving, and as a runner myself they made the right decision to cancel the half marathon. The route would have passed by the bottom end of the road where the accident occurred. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

What about Carlow? And Kilkenny (although I’ll open a whole new can of worms with that)! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭lillycakes2

No. Empathy is not what you say it is. You see you don't actually know what empathy is.

That what I am saying , people don't have any empathy and by you describing what you think empathy is has actually proven this point.

Unfortunately you mustn't be able to feel it.

Its something you feel.

You may need to actually look up that word maybe in a dictionary and and start from there.

A parade happening in a town straight after such a catastrophic tragic accident is not right. Try to understand that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Honestly, that's a heartless post.

Shows a total lack of empathy.

Very cold.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you would like to have a personal conversation, please use the PM function.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

As I said, if the tragedy happened in Ballsbridge or Smithfield, the Dublin Pride festival would still go ahead.

But i understand your point of view and if the people of Clonmel are united in the parade not going ahead, then it shouldnt do so.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you have an issue with a moderators decision, then please report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭touts

Pride is, rightly, meant to be a celebration. I don't think celebration was the tone anyone wanted on the streets of the town on Saturday. It would have been in very bad taste.

In a similar vein I'm starting to find Mairin McGrath's constant popping up on every radio and TV station talking about how she was a student in the presentation and is therefore personally devastated at the tragedy, quite distasteful at this point. No other politician is using the tragedy for publicity as much as Mairin and I'd wager they could all say they went to one of the three schools impacted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Kk333

Would you go way. If they where from Elm Park no one would give a **** and they'd be saying your man was off his head or something. But they are from the mountain road where the rich look down on the plebs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭touts

Textbook example of why people shouldn't post online when they are off their head or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭decies

Such shameful immature comments on this thread having had a small part in making sure that their loved ones are presented to their families in the best way possible am sickened by the selfish responses . I hope as the days weeks and months come and go for these families and friends that they can find even a tiny bit of comfort from people showing a community coming together and not hear about nonsensical arguments about trivial stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭BagofWeed

Still peddling that outdated rubbish about the largest inland town in Ireland. Lol.

If that accident was in Donegal there would be no holding back about the driver's responsibility either. Utmost sympathy though for the three girls, they deserve the eulogies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Of course it was the drivers responsibility - he was driving the fcuking car !!

Can we lay off the speculation of who was at fault until there is some kind of official comment by the Gardai.

It has only been 4 days and there are families devastated by this. The last thing they need is some faceless idiot making allegations FFS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Closed temporarily until people cop the hell on.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Kk333

Let's cancel all sport and have massive coverage 3 candles on face book for the Cashel victims. Oh wait they were travelers and not from the mountain road let's not .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭bmc58

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Be right back

I think you are wasting your time with kk. He/she has been posting horrible things.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

God only knows what the families are going through in both Clonmel and Cashel - will be tough times ahead long after the press have left.

will be a strange sight around town with all the “old stock” family businesses closed for a few hours over the next couple of days yet the chain stores staying open

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Henry James

There is a vigil in Cashel and it's on all news and media. The taoiseach has expressed condolences.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

New Look are also closing each day for the funerals which is a nice gesture I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Munstergirl854

Nice touch for Micheal D to attend and Norma Foley...usually it would be a representative sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭decies

A lot of the shops will close for few hours Friday and Saturday for the funerals in Clonmel . And could we please deal with attention seekers themselves on this thread rather then shutting everything down as a admin on numerous social media groups I know it ain’t easy .

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Munstergirl854

Beautiful service, Luke's friends spoke so well and their mother Brigid was just absolutely dignified on a day where noone would have expected her to speak.Remarkable strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

I have it on good authority that the site located between Irishtown and Albert Street was once a sandpit !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,667 ✭✭✭✭klose

Thankfully some new food options coming to town, a peri chicken/ burger place going where coco cafe was, saw on Instagram a Mexican/burrito place also coming to town also (not sure where) and an Indian place going where the bunker used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

As tax payers we are subsidising Bus Eireann and Irish Rail. This stop should be fully open with shop and toilet facilities. Many patrons for example travelling between Waterford and Limerick on Bus Eireann should have the opportunity to use the facilities in Clonmel.

The patrons of private bus companies serving Cashel and Thurles, should be allowed to embark and disembark here. In adition the local town bus service should be able to use this stop for students attending the local colleges. Imagine how convenient this would be for a student living in Marlfield.

We are constantly being urged to use public transport where possible. So let the Government do their bit and make public transport more attractive.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Advertisement