Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW4 transfer thread - Madd to go without any longer.

• 26-08-2023 1:03pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

2 FTs so, Maddison in, Richarlison out very likely.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Gabriel out with my 2nd FT, was sure he'd play this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭crushproof

Maddison down to 1 bonus point, annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Gabriel and TAA out but I badly need a 5th playing midfielder to switch from 442 to 352. Lukic+TAA to Sterling+one of Ruben Diaz, Udogie, Henry. I'm also tempted by a -4 for Rashford to Maddison. Will see how United and Rashford play today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭macraignil

Brought in Gusto before his price rise last night with my free transfer but think its time to deploy my usual early wildcard to shake up the team and get in who looks to be playing well.

Would you not hold off for another week?

Gives you int. break to assess and avoid possible int. injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭macraignil

Too late now, already pushed the button on the wildcard. Will be keeping a reasonably strong bench as cash seems to be OK since I sold Salah last week so hopefully will have some protection from injuries over the international break. Only made the price sensitive moves now but have a few ideas of other transfers to do during the coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Gabriel out for Gusto/Chilwell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

2 FT's to shake up the team.

Team in bold for GW4 is currently

Onana, Turner

Chilwell, Estupinan, Colwill, Gabriel, Beyer

Martinelli, Saka, Rashford, Fernandes, Mitoma

Haaland (C), Jackson, Archer

Current thoughts are:

Martinelli out anyway, most likely Foden in. Minutes a worry but those fixtures look good and City desperately need to fill the KDB hole. Foden's the man for that really, sick today so should be nailed next week.

Also looking at Rashford or Mitoma out, Maddison or Mbeumo in. The latter has been on fire in GW1/2 and his fixtures continue to be nice (BOU, new, EVE, nfo, mun, BUR). Maddison looks shít hot too at the centre of everything Spurs. Tough one, could return in equal amounts.

If I go Rashford out, it'll allow me to get to Trippier in for Gabriel for their nice run from GW5 onwards. If Mitoma out, I'll go Botman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭crushproof

Crazy amount of good mid priced midfields so far this season, impossible to tell who's going to maintain the form.

I'm looking at Romero in for Trent and Maddison in for Rashford.

I am tempted by Salah though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There is, and it's hard to find who to ditch in favour of bringing one in.

Sterling, Jota, Bowen, Diaby, Bruno, Mitoma are all options to bring in, for me. But it is hard for me to commit to selling any of Saka, Maddison, Foden, Mbueno. Rashford is on the brink with those assists just saving him at the moment. Salah has returned in every game, but not at the volume this price point dictates. That might change though, with easier fixtures coming up.

Any combination of those 5 MIDs to the other 6 MIDs would work but it has to be the correct one to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah getting the right 5 in midfield is very tough.

I currently have Salah, Rashford, Mitoma, Saka and Martinelli, no screaming sells.

I like Sterling, Foden, Luis Diaz, Maddison (and to a lesser extend Mbueno, Bowen and Diaby).

There's 9 that I'd be very happy with in my team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Have gone from 442 to 343 and now thinking 352 is the formation to go with. Gabriel is still a problem but as I have the funds in the bank I'll upgrade Ahamaha to Sterling/Maddison.

Have Rashford/Saka/Mitoma/Foden so will mean dropping Watkins to the bench for this GW though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Thinking of moving Salah out for Sterling. Already have Haaland upfront, Saka and Rashford in the middle.

Ill jinx myself now, but Salah's head doesnt seem to be in it so far.

I've been debating it myself, thinking of holding for now, he's returned in every game, and two of the games Liverpool were down to 10 men.

I also have the players you mention and Rashford seems the one I'm most likely to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

I got rid of Salah at weekend for Sterling. Just not fully at the races for me and with his price tag felt better value elsewhere and use the cash to strengthen my team. Could come back to bite me but good start from Sterling albeit at his price could have afforded to keep Salah and get Sterling in for another midfielder.

Time will tell :)

I'm so tempted to WC, but know its too early.

Onana, Turner

Chilwell, Estupinan, TAA, Gabriel, Botman

Saka, Rashford, Mitoma, Foden, Lukic

Haaland, Watkins, Semanyo

Gabriel, TAA definitely need to go. Would love City defence cover, so I'd happily ship Onana to Ederson. Rashford could also go, considering how good other midfielders are playing. Watkins could also move to Alvarez or Jackson.

I have 2 FTs, so maybe a -4 will sort my team out short term. But very tempted to WC.

I guess this would be my 3 transfers this week, but open to suggestions:

TAA>Ruben Dias

Lukic>Sterling

Rashford>Mbuemo or Maddison

That's not a team that needs a WC, very strong chance your team will look worse at some point between now and Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Pulled the trigger early for price rises

March & Rashford -> Madison & Sterling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Mitoma to Sterling or Saliba to Chilwell or both for a -4

I already have Jackson and as nice as Chelsea's run of fixtures are - not sure I am ready to triple up

Firstly, I'd say don't take a -4 this week as we're going into the international break and injuries could play havoc on your team meaning you need to WC and don't see a return on the -4. Who's your bench?

Secondly while I think Sterling looked great, it's still only a small enough sample size v a very poor Luton side. Forest will probably be a tougher test as they've shown v Man United & Arsenal.

I'd be inclined to do Saliba to Chilwell for his attacking output and potential CS's. Re assess then.

That said, Sterling does have a high ceiling so if you're going to WC soon, he could be a great gamble short term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Anyone else that have only made enforced transfers so far this season? I've done three already and all defender. Ugh!! Mings to Chilwell, Shaw to Henry and Gabriel to Udogie.

Tempted to do a -4 just to make a transfer that I actually want to make!

Just on the Sterling / Luton thing.

Is it a case of Luton being really poor down their LHS (attackers RHS), or is a case of Sterling being really good and just about to hit a big run of form in terms of returns? If it is Luton being poor as the RWs do well in those games, Bowen might be the play. If it was Sterling, then he is the play.

Solly March was the RW against Luton, but posted some good numbers in a couple games.

• GW1 - Luton (h) 0.4 xG & 0.0 xA
    • GW2 - Wolves (a) 0.9 xG & 0.1 xA
    • GW3 - West Ham (h) 0.1 xG & 0.1 xA

Jarrod Bowen plays RW against Luton in GW4 and has some good form going into this GW.

• GW1 - Bournemouth (a) 0.2 xG & 0.5 xA
    • GW2 - Chelsea (h) 0.4 xG & 0.0 xA
    • GW3 - Brighton (a) 1.2 xG & 0.1 xA

Sterling so far this season. The Luton game was a real outlier here. He plays Notts Forest in GW4 and the only RW to return against them so far this season was the Saka cracker in GW1.

• GW1 - Liverpool (h) 0.0 xG & 0.1 xA
    • GW2 - West Ham (a) 0.1 xG & 0.1 xA
    • GW3 - Luton (h) 0.9 xG & 0.3 xA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

2 FT's Rashford/Pedro out for either Sterling/Wissa or Mbuemo/Jackson

Sounds more and more likely that Salah will leave Liverpool this week for those of us still trying to figure out what midfielder to sell for Maddison/Sterling. Might be worth holding off till Friday

Sterling not even on Chelsea's bench tonight. I wonder how long the injury is for? 😆

Plenty of rumours online, £129m transfer fee and £1.5m per week wages.

• Advertisement

Yeah it’s all over the tabloids, lots of reports on Twitter. Nothing concrete but I’m holding off my 2FTs for the week just in case

Personally, I don't believe the Salah transfer nonsense. Klopp said he's not going anywhere.

Saudi window closes on the 20th of sept., plenty of time for him to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I’ve not heard what Klopp has said but saying ‘he’s not going anywhere’ means nothing.

Klopp won’t lose face if Salah does leave. He can just say ‘the player changed his mind and I only want players here that want to play for the club’.

Clubs don’t dictate to players anymore. Those days are long long gone. If a player really wants to leave he will.

I think Liverpool would be crazy to turn down anything above 150 million. They could probably take advantage of the situation and get 200 million for him.

Every player is replaceable. Many players have left clubs and those clubs have continued to win trophies. I’ll never get the fuss over players leaving a club.

Nothing credible

With the news of Joao Palhinha to Bayern gathering momentum, I'm leaning more towards Foden now instead of Maddison.

He could feast if he starts....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Went for Sterling - love a short term gamble, but if he becomes one of the main men in a good Chelsea side he could become vital.

Will mull over whether Chilwell is worth the -4, most of my main competitors have him so will lose ground if he gets a haul.

Team is in pretty decent shape, aside from having Pickford and needing to change my 4.5 striker who has gone on loan. May WC early enough all the same!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

There's so many different routes to go down this week for me, it's hard to pick which one. I fear that I'm being forced into rushing because of the rampant price fluctuations.

Estupinan -> Newcastle defender. Newcastle's fixtures swing soon but there is a Botman injury to deal with and also the tough CL group which will result in rotations. I already own Man City + Chelsea defenders and unsure of the Arsenal defence. Won't go near Liverpool yet.

Bowen or Sterling in. It's the classic case of Form v Fixtures. Bowen has the form, Sterling has the fixtures. One just played Luton, and hauled, and has the nice run of fixtures. The other is about to play Luton but has 3 very tough fixtures directly after it before a nicer run again.

Rashford is probably the most sellable of the midfielders to free up this spot, because of his form, but he is moving back to his better suited position and has 4 or 5 fixtures in a row where he could return.

Maddison / Mbueno / Saka / Foden are not as sellable.

Watkins / Jackson then upfront. Watkins is returning in every game and has a high chance of scoring against Liverpool given style of play. His fixtures are very nice. Jackson also has the nice fixtures, but not the form so much, even though he looked dangerous in other games. There is a sense of FOMO of Chelsea attack also if I do not buy Sterling and only owning Chilwell who is very templatey now himself.

Is Bowen too much of a risk, given his tougher fixtures? When other options have more of a long term feel about them.

Bowen an option if you feel the need to bench him in harder fixtures then just have a decent bench option.

M City the only difficult fixture in his next 6.

• Advertisement

Yeah I can easily bench him in either but Man City at home might not be the worst fixture either.

And there is always the option of switching him again for Rashford / Sterling / Bruno if they kick on from their GW3 scored. I already own Maddison so I'm not chasing that transfer this week.

Anyways, as per the rules of FPL, whichever player(s) I don't bring in will score big this GW! 😂

I wouldn’t be in a mad rush to sell a defender for a Newcastle defender and especially with their CL involvement. Eddie Howe had a lot of things go right for him last season.

Sterling v Bowen is tough but I’d probably go with Sterling because they don’t have Europe and he wasn’t called up for England. It’s also a safer EO pick even though I try not to pay attention to that myself.

I'm kind of leaning towards doing the MID rotation now for a couple GWs. Can switch out Bowen again for his tricky ones. Just leave Estupinan rotating with my AVL defender. Yeah I agree with the Newcastle defence. That CL draw has to be factored in.

This can allow me pick the best one per GW, and have the others ticking along hopefully. I'm fairly happy with my team overall and if I didn't have a transfer burning a hole in my pocket I might have rolled or switched up my bench.

I like Bowen and the game is meant to be fun so he might win out just on that! He has the form lines, and a very nice fixture this GW.

My final thought on that Fitz is that Luton are playing their first game at home, on a Friday night, so the atmosphere will be rocking. It may not make a big difference but it could easily provoke a big effort.

Chelsea are at home.

Is Rashford worth holding? With the emergence of good midfielders I’d like Mbuemo or Maddison in my team, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Rashford comes into form with decent fixtures and playing off the left with a number nine.

I’m tempted by this -4 mind you.

TAA>Dias

Lukic>Sterling

Rashford>Mbuemo/Maddison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Is Mbuemo really a decent option? He’s not going to be getting pens every week. I feel that he’s someone where the train has left and it’s too late to get on him.

Sterling has something to prove if he wants to make England squad and Chelsea don’t have Europe to worry about and has nice fixtures. Bowen probably to a similar extent might want to push on to force an England call but probably has more to do than Sterling and they also have Europe. Luton first game at home - who knows that that atmosphere will do for the players.

maddisson had the form and is in a team under transition and seems to be the main guy now as Son gone off the boil.

finally if you have a free transfer you could always get a back up keeper or a bench player sorted if needed than waste one especially going into international break anything can happen or anyone can join league post deadline.

an interesting thought I had is if that Fati lad ended up at Brighton what price point would he comE in at, would FF towers stick with the model of cheapish as it’s Brighton? He could be decent option.

Did Martinelli/Rashford to Sterling/Maddison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Martinelli to Sterling my likely transfer... already have Kulu so not keen on a Spurs double up, had a look at Bowen as well but not convinced Luton will roll over tonight (or leave West Ham with massive counterattacking opportunities).

Also have Salah 😬 so things could yet go royally t1ts up if he moves

Gabriel to Gusto done. Tempted to upgrade Ahamada to Sterling for a -4 as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭COH

Is Palmer an option now that his transfer to Chelsea is complete? Could be a bargain if he gets minutes

• Advertisement
Advertisement