Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**** Starfield ****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

but its shallow RPG systems and uninspired vision of the cosmos make for a journey that's a mile wide, but an inch deep.

Not my words, the words of gamespot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We get it, move on already. Fuckin hell.

From the reviews, its pretty much what I expect. Skyrim in space. Shih bus fine by me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Only posting the mediocre reviews?

I don't think it's a 91% game from what I've read, but I imagine most people will be very happy with it.

• Advertisement

No posting the scores from the big games journalism sites that weere actually given code. IGN and Gamespot. 70%.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Maybe that's why they've all deducted points 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

ACG/Karak and mr matty plays very positive on it and I trust them so im positive enough but I will find out 1am onto tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

‘I wasn’t sure if it could be done, but Bethesda has managed to raise the bar for sandbox games even higher. In the end, Starfield is an epic sandbox open-world RPG with a beautifully immersive universe, a captivating story, and fun and compelling gameplay the whole way.’ Destructoid

“Starfield delivers on everything it promised and then some.” Gamerant

”With incredible writing, its slow-burn stories snowball into immense moments, and tight RPG/FPS combat thrills in spaceship battles, grounded firefights, and zero-G death ballets — Starfield is a landmark experience with a bright future ahead of it.” Windows central

”Starfield is an instant classic and a triumphant homecoming to blockbuster gaming for Bethesda Game Studios.” Screen rant

You are obsessed with wanting it to be crap. You have this thread annihilated with negativity for days go play game and come back with an opinion otherwise anything you have to say is irrelevant. If not maybe go outside and smell fresh air . Plenty outstanding reviews!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It's not and you're only cherrypicking the ones that suit your argument.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Sounds like it's exactly what I hoped it would be. Can't wait to get stuck in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Apparently the game is a real journey and you have to put the hours in as the start is slow and then the game really brings you on a journey and that's when you really start to enjoy the game.

I was hoping it would review a small bit better but I will be playing tonight regardless I loved Bethesda games so surely love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Praetorian22

I usually go by Gameranx on YouTube based on my experience they're pretty solid video just up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Really reminded me of this 😂😂😂

Seems its as good as most Bethesda fans hoped. Couldn't ask for more really.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭grennscreener

from the early reviews it sounds like if you could cross bread starfield and no mans land you'd have the perfect sci-fi game.

Starfield for non the ship building and combat and NMS for the flight and seamless scale

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I trust this guy more than the likes of acg, skillup etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yeah Mortismal is an RPG guy so he covers that side of things well in his review. Funny to see criticism of the "shallow rpg systems" when Skyrim arguably was where it first got pared down. Starfield doesn't look to be any shallower really. So again exactly what I'd expect. ACG liked the story which is more than I would have expected.

• Advertisement

Come on, half you were expecting 10s and high 9s all round. Surely you're let down.

I'm raging. 15 year game if not more for am elder scrolls game for this crap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

No, not really, it's Skyrim in space, with much less bugs than I thought that there'd be. You seem unusually invested in this, perhaps you should take a break from gaming/the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Maybe he should invest in an Xbox so he can play it instead of sulking here in perpetuity 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Was hoping for 9s, kind of expecting 8s, seems we're getting a mix of 7s and 8s. It could have reviewed a little better but I love the Elder Scrolls series and Fallout 3 (tried to but couldn't get into 4) so I'll happily play this. Especially for nothing on gamepass. More of the same from Bethesda instead of some genre defining new experience seems to be the main criticism from a few places.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

From what I’ve read so far my biggest disappointment is that you don’t really explore so much as fast travel between places. Imo, that’s a sure way to make a big universe feel small.

But everything else looks as expected and I think most people who’ve been looking forward to this won’t be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm very disappointed. I have covid since Monday and I'm dying so I will not be able to play this. Today is the first day I could even go on the internet. I even found out about a symptom of covid that I never knew about and sure enough I have it. I cannot sleep so I'm exhausted(it affects just over 50% of people with covid). So with covid and not sleeping is some concoction. I may have to force myself to play it somehow but I know already I doubt I will have the strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Jaysus man, that's rough. Hope it doesnt last much longer for ye. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Acg likes it and I like him 🙂 good enough for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Might get to it by Christmas, anything I've seen looks decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

That's the one thing that sticks out in some reviews, but TBH, I sort of expected it.

Anyone who has ran about with Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen (NMS to a lesser extent) was probably secretly hoping for a similar space faring experience, but there's two factors at work....one technical and the other is finding the balance between what would give that adventurous atmosphere, but also allow for a story focused and constantly moving within a Skyrim-like experience.

Time will tell if they done it IMO, but I'm more than willing to give it a shot. Sounds like the core mechanics at work are solid and perhaps after getting to grips with it, it'll provide a fullfilling timesink like the others. Just because it's not the 10/10s of the TOTKs and such (a game which spectacular at first, lost its lustre sooner than expected in much the same way as it's predecessor), doesn't mean it's for the scrapheap. Hopefully there's something there for anyone looking forward to it.

Advertisement