Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GravyD

Anyone in the know or close to goings on heard anything about the likelihood of Class 2 starting in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Class 1 suspended for a MINIMUM of 3 weeks due to issues with instructors. This will delay class 1/2023 pass out date and class 2/2023 start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kend85

I know it seems obvious but is the start date for class 2 definitely delayed? The only reason I ask is the paramedics course for class 1 is still due to start on October 9th as of yesterday.

From what I've heard class 1 paramedic start date has not changed. It seems to be an issue with BA instructors. Some of class 1 have enough to be sent out out to station but it might not go that far. They're hoping it will only be a 3 week delay but could go on longer. I can't imagine class 2 starting in early October. I would guess that too could be pushed back to match class 1's break or into January to secure instructors.

I agree it is hard to see an early October start at this point. A recruit on course 1 was telling me that the last 3 weeks of the course were a refreshing and prep time for the passing out day so if that is scraped for the moment maybe that’s how they can still condense course 1 in the timeframe but that’s assuming it will only be a 3 week suspension I suppose. We will have to see what happens 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheButcher

DFB paramedics mcq & osce are booked for 15,16,17th January 2024

• Registered Users Posts: 27 murmurrrr

Wondering if people have received their date for the physical assessments yet? My medical etc is completed and passed

When did you get notified of the medical? I wasn't sure if I'd be in class 3 or scrape into class 2, that probably confirms I'm in class 3🤣

Medicals for class 2 are more a less finished. Physicals start in August. I think they're being done over the middle 2 weeks

Ah brilliant, that's good to know, I can stop speculating for the next few months and get on with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

When did you do your medical and how long were you waiting on the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciaran20041329

Hi Lads, has anybody the Job desc. Outlined necessary qualifications etc. For this competition?

Similar to this booklet but for the most recent comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Iceomatrix

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SAXA999

Anyone who has recently just done the medical, is the eyesight test still the Keystone Test or is there more elements to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 murmurrrr

Yeah its the keystone test and then the ishihara test book for colourblindness

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ahar86

Unfortunately didn’t make it through the medical myself due to colour blindness.Has anyone on here gone through the same and managed to find a way around it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 akdhen

@ahar86

Really sorry to hear man after all the effort .

Do u mind me asking what number on the panel u were?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ahar86

Ye tough one to take alright. I would have been in class 2 . Between 60 and 80 OOM

Thanks man .

Best of luck going forward if u got yourself to that point no doubt you'll smash whatever comes next .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Jakeee19

Speaking of eye tests lads, has anyone here done it before with contact lenses or anyone planning to? I don't currently wear them but notice the eyes aren't what they used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dylans10

I was emailing HR and they said the second class will be starting Oct 9th, I asked when this will be officially announced, and they didnt say but said that it will be Oct 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shezzer

Does anyone know what OOM the panel is currently at now after calling class 2?

I'd be curious about this too, the information booklet we received at the start of the campaign had parameters for "Corrected" vision so surely that means contacts are permitted for the test, anyone know?

Does anyone have any idea why the second course is delayed two weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Anon456123

Passed the CPSA about a week ago give or take, email following passing the CPSA says start date for class 2 is October 23rd. Good luck anyone yet to do the physical.

Do you mind me asking what panel number you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CGCAN05

Hey Rob, hope you got the panel. I got placed on it just waiting for medical now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

Hi guys

Has anyone info on how many vacancies will open for the Emergency Services Controller position and will the medical exam be same as for the Firefighter position. Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 CGCAN05

They made a panel of 60 I believe. I don't know how many will be in each class. Did you get on the panel?

Advertisement