Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 thehills4

No don't think I would go for it again after all this if this campaign was scrapped. I'm in the 35-40 age bracket and my private sector job is going great. this is something I want to do as to have no regrets but would call it a day if they scrapped it

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Anonymous4321

Just got pulled over and 3 points on my licence. Do you think this will be a big problem when it comes to vetting or would they not mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭psnaye2023

@spolley What was it for? I’d say it’s not great but would likely be a case by case basis. All you can do now is be completely transparent with them about it. I’d maybe even call vetting and let them know in the morning to show this.

Also if you’ve already been vetted then you absolutely need to call vetting

Driving without due care and attention i think. I got 3 points and £100 fine which is what you get for that offence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Starsky1

I think personally for me I would apply again only because it’s something I really want to do. I would be really annoyed if they did decide to scrap the list seeing the amount of time and effort everyone has put getting onto the merit list.

i can’t see them scrapping the list as even though recruitment has frozen, that could change at any moment and they need applicants ready to be start.

scrapping the current list, would mean, not having any potential candidates for at least another year and I don’t think that is sensible. If they don’t have money for recruits then they shouldn’t have money to pay for another recruitment campaign. I think treasury would be asking questions lol

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

you have to notify vetting about any interactions with the police whether being a witness or being a suspect. I think something similar happened before if you go far enough back in the vetting topic, can’t remember how it played out.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

I also highly doubt this campaign will be scrapped, was just an interesting thought...

Similar to @thehills4 and @Si_zx10r I have now just reached my thirties 😲 although, you have to remember that everyone in this campaign is now 2 years older!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭NeeNaw21

You don't have to tell them about every Interaction with Police.

3 points and a fine is a change of circumstance but that's it disposed off with NFA. And then again if it is speeding and you're eligible for the course then there won't be any points.

Wait and see what road safety partnership offer you.

If it is speed awareness course then you don't need to update anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭crazyfire999

I don’t think I would apply again. But they won’t scrap it. That would be more money wasted…

• Advertisement

I can’t see any justification for a scrapping. Maybe make people retake their PCA if they’re waiting for months on end etc but other than stuff like ensuring you’re still up to scratch it’d be mad to scrap a campaign they’ve already paid Deloitte thousands for

wash your mouth out 😂😂 - the thought of that PCA again!!!! lol

Calm down it was grand.

yeah, that was a lie I thought I was fairly fit but nothing had worse teeth than the second and third round after going full pelt on the first against everyone’s instructions.

if you want to feel better you can look up the PCA for TSG it’s far more brutal and god knows what you’d have to do for HMSU but it would probably make the PCA look like a leisurely stroll

I spoke to recruitment about this recently. They said at the minute they think PCA will last for 2 years, vetting 1 year (then a change in circumstances form) and medical 6 months (with a change in medical circumstances form).

I am hitting 6 months for medical here in about 6-8 weeks.

What does the change in medical circumstances form include is it just a tickbox form where you’ve to say nothings changed or do you have to go back to your doctor?

Yeah most likely the former. Similar to vetting change in circumstances. It’s happened in the past on a previous campaign; saw it on here but not sure which.

Thank god

i wish they would sort it out already

**** show…

What’s happened? He hasn’t resigned yet

• Advertisement

He needs to resign!!!

Do people think that with all the recent antics that have happened it will put pressure on 50/50 to be brought back?

Likely needs to be debated, agreed and legislated for by Stormont. Definitely has to be approved by NI Secretary.

Whatever happens, it won’t affect our campaign.

Yeh its gonna be an interesting next few months to a year i reckon. Also only asking because not much else to talk about😅

Yeah it’s definitely a lonely auld process. I don’t know anyone else that’s applied/wouldn’t discuss my application with anyone outside family so think I have them tortured lol.

Months to by in a flash and I don’t think about it the next minute I’m on joinpsni every 3 hours

Yeh same I know what you mean😂

Are we wise even considering it anymore?

senior officers in the job are trying to get out and wouldn’t advise anyone to join in the current format.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

Morale is def verly low within the force presently

If we withdraw now. In a year or 2 you might think I should have stayed in the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Si_zx10r

It does seem like an impossible job for officers, cant seem to do right for doing wrong etc policing has changed so much from what it used to be, people don't fear the police anymore and have no respect either. When I was younger, we were s@#£ feard of police catching us, young ones now just stand and abuse/assault officers.

• Advertisement

I don’t think people should be afraid of the police. They should respect officers. Though if people are afraid of the police, the police are not policing properly. Police are part of the community.

Advertisement