Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,606 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wade Keller is reporting no AEW talent was picked up by a driver at the airport.

All talent made there own way to their hotel.

Punk wasn’t singled out or forgotten about.

Punk really does like to create a narrative with his leaks maybe he should gotten his PA Ace Steel to organise his trip for him

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,782 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Bucks have a YouTube video of them being picked up at the airport.......

Can't imagine sting hopped on the Elizabeth line either.

And maybe every other talent planned ahead booked Ubers and drivers to pick them up at the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Here's the thing, if that is true that AEW didn't arrange pick-up for their talent, that is shocking.

Most Irish indie promotions will at the very least arrange have someone do an airport run for talent to get picked up that are flying.

I just think if AEW didn't do that, it's extremely weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,782 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Tony casually dropped a couple million on pyro and licensed music but couldn't throw Paul Robinson 50 quid to stick a dozen lads in his work van...........

Seems believable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I wonder will Brody King end up on the reddit blacklist now that he's been named a friend of Punk :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

He might be joined by Miro there if this is true

Sean Ross Sapp just did a livestream explaining what was relayed to him about the supposed altercation between Miro and CM Punk.

According to what was said to him, after Punk's match he was approached by Miro backstage, and Miro asked Punk how he was doing. Punk replied with something along the lines of "I'm okay, unless you want to fight me too" in a jokingly manner. Miro then replied with an "Okay", also supposedly in a jokingly manner. Punk then, continuing to just joke around, said "How about we take this outside?", to which Miro replied "How about we take this... to the ring!"

And that is what was explained to Sean. Seemed like nothing more than friendly banter and joking around, taken out of context.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Top notch and it's legit!😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I mean this is the type of cold war **** that Tony needs to be absolutely slated for, and I say this as someone who had sympathy for him after the first time **** hit the fan.

Someone backstage has to be on the utter wind up to leak this as a serious incident, only for later clarification to show it was just a jokey exchange between friends.

It's painful to watch Punk increasingly lose his grip of the situation, but it's equally painful to see all this smoke and mirrors, childish locker room **** talk from the other side.

Unfortunately at this stage it does look like someone has to go because the damage has been done, I just hope he manages to take them to the cleaners.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wonder does Tony have a Gentlemens agreement with Wembley Stadium that AEW will be the only Wrestling company to use it going forward ?

If so WWE would have to look for alternative London Stadiums if they want to run a show. Twickenham or Spurs Stadium maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Look in my eyes....

What do you see?....

The cu*t of personality... lol.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

AEW has people whose job it is to pick people up at airports - if you're a BTE mark like me, you'll probably have seen the bits with the Bucks and Rosario Grillo/Dean Alexander (Grillo was mentioned earlier in this thread). Ref Bryce Remsberg (if that is his real name), when I last saw him in an interview, is also one of the company's travel coordinators - he books flights and things like that.

I cannot for the life of me believe that talent travelling to a new country for the company's biggest ever event are told to make their own way anywhere. I also cannot believe that they willfully forgot about Punk given the situation seems to have been that almost everyone arrived the day before. I've spent a long time working in the hospitality industry, that's a pretty catastrophic f__k-up, but it happens all the time - one or two outliers of a large group + assumption this is all taken care of = people left behind. I've had guests who slept through their wake-up calls wondering when they get on their bus that left without them 3 hours previously (the tour company had to pay for a taxi from Mayo to Kerry for that particular mess).

Jack Perry doesn't seem to have done himself any favours - a petulant on-screen dig at Punk and whoever said "don't use real glass, it sucks" is amateurish at best and looks like someone trying to start some sort of fight. Jack Perry would do well to concentrate on his own work cause this heel turn isn't going well and it's hard to take him seriously. Also, Beethoven's 5th as an entrance? WTF?

Charles Montgomery Punk has, as always, chosen the path of most drama it seems. It's what he does. He's a diva and if that's coming as a surprise to anyone at this stage, I ask if they've not been paying attention? He's very talented at what he does, but he knows that and he knows AEW needs him a lot more than he needs AEW. I wouldn't want to work with him or anywhere near him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just my 2 cents but wrestlers throwing those sly digs has always been fun. It’s clear Punk just can’t take it.

Theres money to be made with all this silly drama.

Jack should have a glass shatter in his entrance music when he returns and go all in on it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bullet Club Gold vs FTR/Bucks at All Out announced, MJF/Cole vs winner of a battle royale on Rampage for the ROH titles, gonna take a wild guess that Butcher and the Blade win. Also a tournament to see who faces MJF at Grand Slam starts next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Great promo by Orange after his match Penta.

I’m really digging Toni Storm’s fallen Hollywood diva gimmick.

Updated card for All Out, Shibata/Kingston vs BCC added

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know it's cause of the Punk suspension and the Hurricane seemed to make it hard for some like Kenny to travel.

But I really love that OC is getting a lot of attention, and looks likely to main event All Out. Or at least that's how it looks, based on the announced card. The lad deserves his flowers for his work over the last few years.

(wasn't a huge fan of the triple destroyer spot though, lol)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Luchasaurous is gonna kill Darby.

Fightful reporting the punk/perry thing was caught on camera as AEW had cameras everywhere at Wembley.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

At least it should be a lot quicker resolution this time

Probably the worst card they've had for a PPV if we're honest but having two PPVs so close to each other was bound to cause issues like this (doesn't really pardon the All In build either). I don't understand why they're gonna do the exact same thing with a week apart next year.

Agreed, and if they are clever next year they should offer a deal for people wanting to watch both All In and All Out some sort of combo deal instead of charging separately.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tony was asked about that today at the media scrum for All Out, and said the networks just couldn’t agree on how to do it. AEW wants to, he wants to, but they’re the issue :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭SteM

A total of 6 women featured over 2 matches across 2 ppvs. Not great really.

Not putting Statlander on at least Zero Hour last week was a mistake, she was the only champion not on the card. The excuses for the women's division not being up to snuff are running out.

I really don't know why Mercedes Moné should be interested in going. Maybe in special appearances but she'd probably get the same initial hype and then swift lack of exposure that a lot of the women seem to get in AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I really don't know why Mercedes Moné should be interested in going.

Creative freedom aka more money for less dates. Same as why WCW was popular despite being an asylum run by the inmates.

• Advertisement

I think people forget AEW is attractive for a few reasons. They can pay comparably to WWE, all travel expenses and hotels covered (even Punks tube ticket could prob be expensed - WWE folks largely pay their own), plus the added freedom of being able to do stuff on the side as well as indie dates/conventions if you need to. Danhausen for example raking it in on the side, has coffee, his own brand of toys, guitar pedals - you name it. Plus Tony seems good with time off for talent if they need it. Less dates too. Lots of the wrestlers I work with all mentioning how it's a destination for them over WWE for some of the above reasons and likely easier to get in the door too.

That said, have Paul London booked on my next show and he had a poor experience with AEW so will have to ask him about it :D Booked him against GCW's Jordan Oliver.

Advertisement