Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky FPL 23/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Final reminder on the free to enter Boards league also - code to enter 8476352

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Just joined, giving this a cracking for the first time

My team

Onana

Martinez Dunk Varane

Salah Saka Rashford Gibbs-White Nakamba

Haaland Richarlison

4 captains as you would expect this GW

1st transfer planned Gibbs-White to Jackson

Triple Man U defense! Likely to bring in Man City assets GW3

How are we all set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Similarish team except I have a bit more Arsenal and Chelsea coverage. Trying to work out why we all don't have Rodri 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Reasonable start for me with Walker and Haaland but Grealish not playing is a pain in the (john) stones.

Can't afford any to be dealing with pep roulette in the sky game when there are no substitutions to come in for players. Going to form a plan to get rid of Grealish (...and Walker) over the next few weeks but won't do anything rash just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Joined there now, hopefully we’ll get a good few more to sign up between now and the 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

4 managers signed up now for the 10er league. Keep em coming, pin is 2050656 and pw is available if you pm me.

Post edited by Dearg81 on

I mentioned a week or so ago back in the general chat thread that Bissouma would be pivotal to spurs this season but he wouldn't be much of a option in the FPL version but should do well in the sky one. I only put him in my 2nd team but I think I'm going to bring him into my main team too. He got points for passes completed in the match vs Brentford and when you add in potential for intercepts and tackles I think he will hoover up points all season long.

I'm having a look at a few options for a cheap player like Bissouma to replace Nakamba who I started with. Interesting that Maddison nearly got passing bonus on Sunday too. I could be wrong but I don't remember him having great passing stats with Leicester in the past.

• Advertisement

What are we thinking for tomorrow? Captain Haaland? Captain Salah? Or captain a different 1 in each team? 🤔

I am undecided, I can see this being a lot more split than it was last season when Haaland would have been probably the clear choice. Should be interesting to see how many people skip the match this evening!

Captaining one in each team.

My 2nd team, aka my 'bit of fun team" outscored my serious team last week so I'm going with Salah in that.

Have no captains tonight ... not to worried about that to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

1 team has Aurier captain tonight, the other has Aina captain.

Could be gold or a disaster waiting to happen. Nice little gamble nonetheless after a decent start to both - 109 & 106 points.

Haaland (C) in both tomorrow.

Ended up captaining Salah in 1, Haaland in the other. Starting to hate Brighton now 😀

• Advertisement

Not really that happy with either of my teams at the moment but need to resist the urge to tear it up.

Whens the first overhaul?

Fist overhaul not till after Christmas. Already my worst start in the last 3 years. I normally have a lightning start. Very confused by this season. Still don't know what the template team is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Pretty poor start here, missing the c deadline last week,gone with Chong and JWP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

JWP captain in my first team, Bowen captain in my second for this week!

At least you didn't join the sad Nakamba club like a lot of us! Nothing marvelous about him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

How many transfers are we burning through so far? I’m on 4. A bit if a slow start so far-even with the slow start I’m still pretty content with no early overhaul this season

Post edited by thunderdog on

Same used in both, absolutely hate my teams though. Worst start since 2020 at this. Would have loved the overhaul now. Think I am going to ignore podcasts and twitter for a while and go with my gut going forward. 3 or 4 players need to go. I will evolve the team though rather than doing something drastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

I’ve made a good start in this and intend to spend more time at it. I’ve made 6 transfers so far and reckon with 50 for the season we can do an average of of 4 every 3 games.

I have got top 100 the last 2 seasons. If you can keep to the average 50/38 transfers used per week, you will be fine. Don't be afraid to be proactive if you aren't happy with your team. The more transfers you can hold back though for the end of the season the better because there will be plenty of opportunities to stock up on players who have 3 or 4 fixtures for 1 fixture over other players.

Original plan was to move Colwill to Awoniyi tonight, now moving Chilwell on instead. Chilwell has been the first bad transfer so far of the season. More to come no doubt!

I am quite happy to get rid of all Chelsea players going forward after Fulham. Colwill got a bonus yesterday but that was one of those things. If you have Jackson he isn't far off a suspension.

Debating whether to skip the Luton Burnley game or not. If I do go for it, it will most likely be Colwill to Beyer I think

I'd take out someone you really want to get rid of. Colwill is chipping away now so I think I might hang onto him.

The only problem I have with Beyer is how many goals Burnley might let in.

I caved and got Beyer in the end. Not the end of the world-gives a bit more flexibility funds wise.

Probably get Son in tomorrow for captaincy

I already had Nakamba but put in Beyer cos I had to get rid of Enzo Fernandez. Just had enough. No doubt he scores today and hits all tiers 😀

Very easy to get Son in now.

• Advertisement

I wasn’t planning any transfers this weekend but now might move Haaland to VVD today.

Where is it you are seeing that he would be out for any length of time? Unless I see he is out for a while I would be leaving him there, unless you have lots of transfers and you can do a chain move that involves bringing VVD for Haaland and then Haaland in for someone else you want rid of next week if he is back. Last Sunday proved you don't know when Haaland will haul now.

I put in Romero for Nakamba last night because it looked like a logical move going forward and the rest is history 😀 sums up the season so far!

https://x.com/ffstuff3/status/1727312190775165282?s=46&t=2zPXgnJ1ff06xhEqhXwzSg

I’m taking this table to mean that you are the 10th best sky manager over the last two seasons 💪

Whoa! Some serious names on that list. No pressure on me then this season trying to keep up that standard 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Good start to the season for me up to 88th overall. Getting on VVD and Gross very early really helped my rank.

Think you had Bowen early doors too. If you have over 25 transfers left you should really be in contention to win the whole thing again.

I am fine for transfers but have made some very poor decisions the last 3 weeks. Not happy I am not in the top 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

I do have more than 25 left. Yea Bowen been great for me also. Overhaul came at a nice time for me.

• Advertisement

I've a lot of work to do to get in the top 100 again. Over 25 transfers too but a lot of good managers playing now. I put in Rodri instead of Alvarez on Wednesday and took out Palmer as I had 5 midfielders. I had put in Alvarez a couple of weeks ago when Haaland got injured and he didn't do much so took him out for TAA. Wish I had Wednesday again, that decision cost me about 30 points.

Well. Overhaul has arrived. After a poor start I clawed things back (somewhat). Both teams in top 3k with 27 transfers left. Liam is flying atop The Boards league. A lot of opportunity for differentiation with the Overhaul, absent players, single game days, etc.

1020 and 1141 for me. Not happy at all. Same amount of transfers as you. Too many stupid decisions in the last month.

We are all going to have pretty much the same team after overhaul so I'm not that optimistic that there will be much movement in the next while. I think there will start seeing movement when Salah and Son come back and if and when Haaland becomes available again.

Just outside the top 1k is absolutely fine. Would be hard to win it, but there'll be no shortage of opportunities to differentiate and try and gain an edge. The standard has been rising in recent seasons definitely a lot more engaged managers - soon a finish in the top 500 will probably be the standard setter rather than top 100

Trying to finish in the top 100 for the 3rd season in a row so it's something to aim for. Would snap your hand off for that! The standard is very very high now, getting harder every year.

it would be nice if we had a good choice of strikers and defenders to put in teams but it's not really like that this season. The more players performing would definitely make it interesting. Plenty of choices in midfield at the moment.

Given the increased standard and participation, 3 top 100 finishes in a row would be absolutely superb. I'm still waiting on my 1st 😬 (came close a few seasons back 107th I think)

• Advertisement

I was 912th after 20 matches last season so I am down about 100 places. I ended up finishing 72nd. Hopefully a lot of managers ahead of us have used more transfers.

There's definitely more active and engaged managers this season. I think the World Cup game got a lot more people interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

What’s everyone’s strategy for the 2 short weeks.

I was thinking of starting 8 for 23 and then 1-2 transfers per day for 24, leaving me using between 3-6 Transfers over the gws. I have 23 transfers left.

I am considering having a captain for Burnley-Luton and transferring that player out after it. Think I am playing 23 and 24 combined as one normal gameweek and just having a captain for each day. Saving my transfers as there will be a lot of opportunities later on in the season for 3 for 1's and 4 for 1's due to matches getting re-arranged due to the Carabao and FA Cups. Plus City vs Brentford.

Think I'm just gonna set up for the first few gameweeks and hopefully avoid having to make any early transfers. Currently have 3 differentials in my draft (sub 20% owned in top 1k)

• Advertisement
Advertisement