Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭bren2001

It's a logical guess. However, the Ryanair flight i was on a few months back, the Attendant indicated that Revolut was rejected by the terminal randomly and to add it to Google Pay in future. My TSB card worked. I think there is something else up.

Revolut didn't work for the women beside me either but did for the final third person in my row.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Using it as my main bank since last November with salary going directly into it and yet to have a decline that's not related to contact less limit being reached in the air or in store. I don't know why its worth the conversation as it's always prudent to have an alternative payment method regardless of the provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Maybe people are more likely to only have a couple of Euro in their Revoluts and airlines are noticing a pattern of declined payments? Though it happened to me with a business credit card a while ago, the terminal coded the payment for my coffee as duty free which my company blocks. When I figured it out I emailed the provider trying to pay but never got a response, so they didn't care much then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Signed up for experiments in the app a while ago. Just got notification that it's available now. They completly changed the UI. Vaults also seem to be called Pockets now and crypto and investing have their own tabs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Yeah I did the same (email and app notification as well)

Her non technical self isn't looking forward to using it

Say be a few like her at the start

Based on their customer service I said I'd leave it to you guys to find their bugs for them, no thanks 😁

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Pockets is a different product to Vaults, no?

A UI change is needed, the current one is absolutely garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Well in total wealth it is still called vaults but in the top where you can change currency it is down as a pocket. There is add new option where vault is now grouped under pockets

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Is pockets not for paying recurring subscriptions from? I've one that I fund monthly and my Netflix, YouTube etc subscriptions all come from that.

• Advertisement

Was over getting my shopping and card wouldn't work. It said no chip detected. This has happened a few times lately. It's very annoying. I can tap allright most of the time but sometimes that declines as well. I must stop talking about getting a new card and just get one.

Jesus that took ages to explain 😵‍💫

Patience........got sorted in the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Has anyone had problems with receiving $ or Sterling into their IRISH IBAN account with revolut?

€ works fine but I now had 3 different non € payments not show up and have to go through the hassle of investigations etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Sent GBP to my euro IBAN about 3 or 4 months ago (instead of using the UK Sort Code and Account number) and it arrived fine.

Think it went into my GBP wallet, but can't be 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭jj880

Yeah this is usually how it works for me. Goes into the foreign currency account. Have forgotten a few times to convert to euro and then realised at a later date its still in there.

Well, it must just be me then with problems receiving non euro payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,371 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Probably unrelated but there was scheduled maintenance for SEPA transfers a few days ago. It was only scheduled for something like an hour and it sounds like your problem has been going on for a while

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Not working for etrade transfers since the IBAN change

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Ever since moving Childers allowence to revolut it's started arriving a day earlier, any reason?

Also we put in our flights into the lounge feature , flights were delayed got free access to the lounge. Great idea

Well that explains that because etrade is one of those which is missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Anyone know if funds held in Sterling are covered by the EU Banking Licence? I'd assume so, but I thought I'd check.

Are you and the kids on Revolut? Normally SEPA transfers take a day or more whereas internal Revolut transfers are instant

So maybe they're just arriving faster?

One thing to be aware of with the smart delay, a lot of travel insurance providers offer something very similar. So you might end up double paying for it with Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭feargantae

Got selected for one of those "random" income verification checks. I put in my job/savings and it said there was still over €27k that needed "verifying". They wanted to know the reason for every transfer I ever received and a statement from the 'donor' bank accounts! I got onto live chat and said I receive money for shared subscriptions and general living expenses from my partner and wasn't willing to request a statement from every person. Nor was I about to screenshot every transfer since January. Then I got an email saying all checks were done and I'm good to go!

I know these are normal checks but I've never ever had one from a normal Irish bank. Seems a bit OTT to expect people who've sent you money to provide statements too!

My Revolut account is active since 2015 and this is the first ever check.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

You enter your name and flight details before you get to airport and if flight is over 60mins late I think it is you get a free lounge pass. I'm on metal plan not sure which plans get it.

https://www.revolut.com/en-IE/legal/smart-delay/

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

Used to have a revolut card about 8-9 years ago and haven't used it since.

Never used the app either just transfered money from my account to the revolut card.

Got an email saying I need to verify ID.Followed the links and keeps bringing me to the app to log on to,which I can't as I've never used it before.

Tried emailing them and no reply.

Live chat keeps bringing me to the app.

It must recognise my phone number as it sends me a 6 digit code,which also won't work.

Any ideas..?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Had a look myself today.

AIG quote really, Revolut just a broker, not particularly revolutionary

My etrade transfers bounced back into my etrade account today without any explanation.

Revolut plays the "we cannot investigate incoming transfers" card and etrade support is well out of their depth.

Plus, none of them wants to eat the new 25$ fee and hence I have to pay it.

So, if you plan to use etrade and revolut with the IE IBAN do yourself a favor and safe yourself some money: Don't.

Now I'm just waiting for the £ payments to come back to the sender and than Revolut and foreign currency inbound is history for me.

• Advertisement

It's probably a scam email, the only identity verification you need to do is via the app

Advertisement