Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are my rights in cooling off period after renewing electricity contract?

Options
  • 30-08-2023 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65,323 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'm out of contract with Energia. I'm on a day / night meter. ESBN are rolling out a new type of smart meters to replace day / night meters, starting next month. I am on the priority list, but this could take months, longer maybe

So I bit the bullet, requested Energia to get me a current smart meter (that can't do day / night), installation next Monday, but they refused to do this unless I went into a new contract with them

My question: after the smart meter is installed, have I any come back on this new contract or is my only option to just pay the €50 contract break fee if I want to move to another provider?

Comments

Advertisement