Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Damn it anyway

When I try to subscribe now, via either Argentina or Ukraine, all I get is USD pricing 13.99 per month.

This is trying using Windscribe and then KeepSolid.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I couldn’t get a subscription using Windscribe, tinnelbear through Argentina, India etc etc

Keot getting the card country of issue error.

I had to download Urban VPN in the iOS store.

Set to Ukraine.

then subscribed at 99 Ukrainian hryvnia per month (€2.44).

Then I just cancelled the subscription within the App Store app.

Would have liked a 12 month sub but beggars can’t be choosers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,777 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Getting "Current payment method could not be processed" now on my Clevercard mastercard via Argentina. Been working for a year. Will give it another day or two and see if they try put it through again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

It looks like for the yearly package if there is no active subscription it's now checked if the credit card is issues in the country that one tries to subscribe in.

For monthly payments that check does not seem to happen, so what I did is to subscribe to a monthly subscription, wait for that to become active and then go back into the premium section and choose extend subscription which presented a year and did take the same credit card that originally always got declined.

Maybe that helps someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭shmeee

Keepsolid VPN Unlimited

*Try turning VPN off on payment page if getting error also when paying and see does it push through. On some sites when I'm verifying the payment I turn off the VPN and it gets verified. It's trial and error for everyone is seems, no set way of it to work I found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,777 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Auto declined twice and then went though.

Lesson learned. If theres a problem, just ignore it and it'll all work out

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭moshea

My longstanding AIB Visa card recently starting getting declined for my Indian family sub, though I was able to switch it over to a revolut mastercard via PIA handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭trixiebust

For anyone who's more tech savvy than me..if there's any spare family spots available, I'd love to take.

Paying €12.99 a month to YT, just so my new baby, who watches nothing but cocomelon, doesn't have a meltdown in between the ads😭😂

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Pm sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ron.

I got the payment error 3 or 4 times for India. I clicked on the update payment button (not connected to vpn) and changed from revolute normal ACC to virtual ACC, seems to have done the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Hi Ron, you are a star! My main Revolut Visa card got declined today - first time ever. I added a virtual card as a backup card and payment went through straight away on it. I kept the main card as Primary in case it was a one-off glitch.. for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sheejo

I had the same issue with payment being declined on my virtual card for India, tried it on my main revolut card but it didn't work so I created a new virtual card and payment went through. This is the first time since Dec 2021 that that has happened.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

If theres a family spot going, let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

My AIB card was declined for my India sub and not for the first time but this time I know it's for real. (Couldn't help myself there)

Usually goes through and it was giving me the Irish rate options as it was paused so just switched to India VPN and used Revolut Virtual card and payment went through immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭knipper

Tried this but wouldn't work for me. VPN on and Renewal came up in lira but when I tried to renew it charged euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

How about if you keep the required Lira on your Revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Stupify

Have a couple of spots free on my Irish family account if anyone here wants to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭knipper

Sent ye both DMs

• Advertisement

Have another two spots left if anyone is interested

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

Cannot get it to work - using Windscribe and VPN'ing to India.

Keep getting:

Transaction declined. This purchase requires a payment method from your billing country. [OR_RECR_05]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

That's what happened to most of us including me.

I had to use my Indian contacts to use their bank card and paid them the fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

Ah fair enough so - I'll leave it.

Regretably I don't have someone I could ask to do that :-)

Not the end of the world.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭tiegan

What are the advantages of having you tube premium?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

1) Ad free streaming

2) YT Music

3) Downloading for offline listening/viewing

Post edited by bromley52 on

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭_H80_GHT

All this VPN gymnastics is laughable. Sign up for the student plan ya ding dongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Or Ukraine, people are getting success using Ukraine. Argentina is still working for me.

Advertisement