Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm pretty shocked that it actually happened.

Well now that he did, I hope Tony doesn't just leave it there but sorts out a lot of the other crap backstage/Twitter/ dirtsheets, put his foot down and tell everyone to stop behaving like they're in school

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He was the biggest merc seller for AEW

I'm surprised he was fired, I know he did many wrongs but no denying he was big for AEW, brought attention both bad and good

Would WWE try to lure him back?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,782 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So the mentality checked out bucks now get to stink out the show that was actually building talent........ There are no winners in this scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’d be nice if it did happen but there’s nothing to suggest he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What was the maybe bullshít/maybe true leaked quote from someone in WWE about Punk last year? "He's their problem now."

I don't think they'd want the drama he'd bring even if they'd get some eyes for the notoriety alone. Rollins has called him a "cancer" and told him stay away, probably half in character but only half.

• Advertisement

I don't know to me Punk is a huge get for any promotion and him at Survivor Series in Chicago, insane pop and Rollins got over his beef with Riddle for a feud, if a controversial Punk return is "best for business" Vince and Endeavour might try luring him back

What now for Collision, it was done especially for Punk, will AEW need a big name?

WWE got Bret, Sable etc., back

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭rodders999

Punk brought me to AEW but MJF is what’s going to keep me here. It’s a shame it happened at their biggest ever event, but if it didn’t happen at Wembley it would have happened somewhere down the road. Punk just can’t help himself.

I’ve always been a massive Punk fan and he’s sucked me back into the world for wrestling twice now (first time was the pipe bomb) but this is the correct decision and it’s time for him to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

About **** time.

Absolute delighted this virus is gone from AEW, hopefully things quieten down now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Not for nothing but there's been plenty of other drama/fights in AEW outside of Punk.

Britt constantly burying/bullying Thunder Rosa publicly.

Andrade/Sammy

Eddie Kingston/Sammy

Rumoured tension between other acts

These are just the ones I remember, that is to say that they need to do a better job of dealing with conflict in AEW instead of running to the dirtsheets or getting into fist fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Was really enjoying Collision alot more than Dynamite lately.God knows what will happen with now!

Christian better feature prominently on Collision weekly as he has been doing!

Post edited by ConcertKing on

• Advertisement

A dozen wrestlers are in a better position than they would be if collision didn't happen, now they've gotta hope the Elite remember them once a month so Excalibur can announce their match with no build.

I'm sure Ricky Starks, bullet club gold, willow nightingale, statlander, andrade, Miro and Hobbs are delighted that the guy who got them prominent TV time is gone.

Punks a dick, but be careful what you wish for.

Ironic that today Punk is "all out" of AEW

I assume the ppv in Chicago will have Punk chants

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Aww man, what happens to Miro now in the next few months will be quite telling

He'll just stop showing up and bang Lana, not the worst outcome.

You cannot expect someone who constantly causes havoc in your promotion to continue having a job, the negatives well out weight he positives with Punk.

What would you expect TK to do in this case? Have Punk suspended and down the line come back into the fold? It's playing with fire....The only think TK did wrong was not firing Punk after the Elite confrontation.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea this is Khans time to nearly reset, get everything in order and start building up the talent he has before its too late. They have 5 hours of TV time a week and more than enough talent to cover the shows. Might take time and things will dip but in the long run will pay off, as mentioned they done decent work on the likes of Miro, Starks, BCG etc but give people a reason to care plus proper storylines(both mens and womens divisions) and not just random matches thrown together for no reason with AEW have been guilty for awhile now

• Registered Users Posts: 60,607 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Time for Cardblade to man up and become the main man!

Punk leaves acknowledging Roman

• Advertisement

I would expect TK to run a professional locker room, but history has shown he doesn't do that, punk is human gasoline, letting the elite and Anna jays boyfriend pull their meta shooty bollox was never gonna end well, letting punk go off at the all out scrum was never gonna go well, If the story about the Elites mate being the one who didn't organise punks travel is true, not firing him on the spot was never gonna go well.

Tony has failed to control his lads at every single point, because he is a mark with money, there's a reason why he's not on the sidelines for the jags or Fulham, he wants to pretend he's everybodies mate and this is the first time in 4 years he's had to actually grow a set.

Normally lads only find out they're not employed there anymore when the phone stops ringing.

Punk's feud with MJF was great and had potential for a title unification match

What I find very interesting why fire Punk before Collision and All Out in Chicago, the crowd could really be nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I think he may..may..have gotten away with a suspension (because Perry was being a dick) if he didn't go for Tony K. You can't do that to the boss and not get fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

There's a few possible reasons I could think but still very few that make much sense.

1. Stop the crowd from expecting Punk to show up. (won't matter cause they may revolt as a result, or maybe not)
    2. Create some hype for Collision/All Out while also taking some shine away from Payback.
    3. So that Tony doesn't have to put up with scrum questions about Punk's status (if it was a normal press conference he'd get asked about the decision to fire but most of these seem to be packed to the rafters with kiss-ass 'journalists')
    4. If they aren't confident in the quality of the All Out card and the crowd boo they have a scapegoat as to why.

Or maybe it might just be that they did their 'investigation' and it was clear that Punk had to go asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As much as I hate someone losing their job and also he was good to watch on-screen, the trouble he was seemingly causing backstage just wasn't good.

But I hope Tony starts to implement rules now. One being to stop airing backstage stuff in the ring. It's one thing making reference to something in a sly way like a wee dig at Xavier Woods after the videos but saying something that may cause problems in the back like we've had often in AEW should be stopped.

But yeah, I expect loads on Punk chants like when he left WWE.

No better man to replace Punk tomorrow than the American Dragon!

Strap match against Starks.

• Advertisement

Damn Christian is Awesome.

Advertisement