Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

• Registered Users Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Truth Social might go away, decision in the next few days:

So, the shady "special purpose acquisition company" has taken way longer than planned to finish its merger, and has a week left before the lights go out.

They're begging shareholders (mostly the grifted TFG GQP types) to vote to continue the merger, but they need 65% of shareholder votes to extend the merger process yet again, and might not get them.

#ETTD

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭briany

I would have thought that Trump was absolutely gagging to get back on Twitter anyway. The trial by public opinion he's attempting to pursue would be supercharged on that platform vs. Truth Social. Having said that, him ranting about a serious legal trial would test even Musk's ToS for Twitter.

What's so frustrating is anyone with a farthing of sense would have foreseen 'Truth Social' failing. It's just not interesting, and TFG's never shown any serious abilities to run businesses, so his bloviating about all the things it was going to do ("Anti-Woke Movies!" "Truth-focused programming!") was just nonsense, and the MAGA sheep just kept sending in their money. Now, it's going away, they're fleeced *yet again* and will lose whatever they put in.

The sharp characters that got in on the beginning (Trump and friends) did in fact get a huge stock boost, it opened in low double digits and hit $114 for a few days, then reality hit and poof.

It's been losing viewership steadily. TFG being busy dodging justice won't help. I think it has about as many monthly views as popular personalities on TikTok or Instagram. If it wasn't for the breathless media regurgitating everything TFG spouts, it'd have been gone ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Telethon! Te-le-thon! Te-le-thon!

'Hi yes I'm the guy who used to star in Hercules and Andromeda, but now I can't get a job in hollywood because I am insufferable and sexually harassed my co-stars, can you give just $5 to keep Truth social open?'

• Advertisement

Heh I can really see George Clooney doing a Telethon to benefit TFG... And yeah, Kevin Sorbo... James Woods might be available as well as that also-ran that organized the GoFundMe for Rittenhouse.

Navarro effectively putting Trump in deeper water as his legal defense was to repeatedly assert that "trump ordered him to invoke executive privilege"; something for which he failed to demonstrate to the court on discovery.

Similarly, Mark Meadows' defense relied heavily on blaming things on Trump: 'he made me do these things and if I didn't do them I got yelled at'

After being asked during the hearing Monday about an email in which Meadows reportedly worked to coordinate the purported group of fake electors, the ex-chief of staff told Willis that he didn't want Trump's 2020 "campaign to prevail in certain areas and then not have this" succeed.

When further pried about why he wouldn't want that to happen, Meadows responded, "Well, because I know I would get yelled at if we had not." He later affirmed that he would have received such backlash from "the President of the United States."

"I would imagine that their defense counsel are quite worried about that testimony," said Goodman, who appeared on CNN's "Erin Burnett OutFront" on Friday. "It's bad for President Trump, because it is directly pointing the finger at him by saying, 'he would have yelled at me if I didn't do this.'"

A rapist and a bully!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,666 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Honestly I'm surprised the service lasted as long as it did; haven't read through the article but wonder if Trump's return to Twitter indicates he knows himself Truth Social is dead and just pivoting back to Twitter - especially with Musk basically dismantling the service to enable Trump's trashfire cultural effect.

When is Joe Rogan just going to admit he's a Trump guy? Bill Maher was on his podcast taking the reasonable position of "I'm no Biden fan, but Trump is completely mental and reckless with his continued and unfounded ranting about a stolen election."

Rogan: "OK, but maybe Trump really believes the election was stolen?"

What does it matter? I can commit a crime because I didn't believe I was doing anything wrong?

"I thought she was 25!"

"I thought that cash was mine!"

"I didn't think the gun was loaded!"

Ah, that's grand. Go home, you rascal,and keep your nose clean in future. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,780 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Rogan is the equivalent of the older stoner brother of that mate of yours, who used to spout all sorts of conspiratorial bs... But now has access to millions of impressionable kids instead of your circle of friends..

• Advertisement

I wouldn't mind but when he has on one of the stoner bros who talk about Ukraine being the West's fault and various other grifty talking points, he doesn't really cross examine them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I think Rogan has a place in the world, you have so many echo chambers these days which offer absolutely nothing of value, but he has slipped over the last few years especially since covid. He has clearly gone down a contrarian type rabbit hole which is a shame because now he is as uninteresting as the MSNBC/Fox people for the most part.

he did have more guests previously that were left leaning which was interesting, but don't see that anymore. I shall watch the Maher podcast though because from all accounts he did call out Trump out plenty.

It's not an echo chamber type thing to agree that Trump is a supremely spiteful and narcissistic man-child who has no business near public office. The most debatable thing about Trump himself is how much the dangerous blowhard is actually worth.

Rogan has tried to position himself as a neutral, but it seems like he will let the right wing talking points run unchallenged, while suddenly becoming a critical thinker when the point of Trump engaging in criminal conduct gets brought up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

Some Right Wing ideals are good for society.

Some Left Wing ones, also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Of course he has gone a bit haywire on covid especially and he is clearly to soft on trump while been overtly harsh on biden, but i was referring to him overall as in the era of insane echo chambers he did try to be a little more interesting especially with guests.

His ufc commentary also is very phoned in, but I suppose when you are sitting on all that money, standards will slip.

Fair point, but the right wing grifter hot takes on Ukraine and Trump can go take a flying leap.

@Rjd2

Of course he has gone a bit haywire on covid especially and he is clearly to soft on trump while been overtly harsh on biden, but i was referring to him overall as in the era of insane echo chambers he did try to be a little more interesting especially with guests.

And when Rogan has on politically neutral guests, like that guy who lived in the Amazon, he's good at just letting them go and tell their story. It's just that his bias is showing when it comes to guests talking about political things

Some very raw footage of Roger Stone the last day of Trumps term and it sets in for Stone that he has not received another pardon:

Calls for Trump to be impeached and for Kushner to be prosecuted

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,666 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The problem is of the two axis, mainstream (mostly American) politics has lurched far more into extremities along the right than left. Especially economic conservatism, which basically doesn't exist anymore, the social variant taken over by populism and religious dogma.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,780 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Is he now throwing Walt under the bus???

We are behind you all the way, shoving you in front of traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,819 ✭✭✭✭Penn

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh my god.... He's hilarious....

HE'S ON TAPE TALKING TO JOURNALISTS AND SAYING "LOOK AT MY CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭amandstu

I have to reject the notion that we need more information showing how low an insect the "America's Favorite President" is.

Seriously ,has he farmed out his speech writing to some grubby AI firm or is that really a peek into the mind of an Exhibit A lowlife potty trainee?

(Anything about this that is not witness intimidation?)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

What the **** does enforcing the laws very powerfully mean? It’s the ramblings of a lack wit. He thinks using words like strong and powerful reflect back on him, it may well work on the fools that fall for his nonsense constantly but it’s beyond pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

ETTD

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Is that his first "many people are saying..." statement which is actually true and more than just a figment of his own imagination?

Seems like code for dictatorship/monarch stuff.

They just keep handing everyone evidence of witness tampering.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

When Jailed by the Allied Forces at the end of WW II The Nazi Puppet Vidkun Quisling of Norway complained of the very same Prison Conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Lucky for him that it went to a federal court as those who are receiving a military pension can/have actually been court martialed after retirement.

Probably a more lenient sentence than one that would have been handed down by a court martial, and what ever the food is like in a federal prison, it is probably better than a military prison.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement