Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**** Starfield ****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm still dying from covid but managed to play a couple of hours of this. I was searching for something and ended up on an abandoned outpost on some planet. I had to run back to my ship as there was a tonne of enemies way stronger than me. It also took me many of those cylinders used for picking(I forget the name of them) to figure out how it's done. I kept pressing X when I messed up which would waste one of them without me knowing it until I eventually realised I was wasting them.

At least you can move when over the carry weight(not over encumbered like previous games). But you use up oxygen. The first city you get to has Mass Effect vibes completely off it even has a tram similar). I also sold as much as I could in that city and also the city on Mars. Low carry limit is annoy considering there is so much you pick up around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

No offence was intended, humour was the intent.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

There's perks to help increase the carry weight I think. Lockpicking takes some work though, I had to watch a YouTube vid on it because I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Hope you are feeling some bit better soon dude

Unrelated question but how do we spoiler on the new boards? Have a few questions but don't want to spoil anything for those waiting for Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

There are a load of simple things BGS need to fix like inventory management and better maps before I spend very long in the game. Inventory mgmt was something that killed Skyrim for me eventually. Got tired managing all the crap. And BGS should fix it and not depend on modders. Also I'm wondering will mods on console and pc have parity ...

Anyway ... Found this funny ... 😁

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Bit the bullet on premium.Whats the best traits / skills to start with?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Without even reading about it on the internet. I, like nearly everyone, put Han Solo down as their name.

"Captain Solo" 🤣

See the backwards P with a l to the left of the comment box. Well click that then the 66 and the spoiler tag is there.

Don't go with Dream Home, it sounds cool but the place they give you is **** massive and unfurnished. Only worth it if you intend on decorating it later game. You have 125k of a mortgage but it only costs 500 a week to maintain access to it, I didn't find I needed it cos you spend most of your time on the ship anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm enjoying this, 5 hours played so far. Still need to figure out the crafting system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

PC?

Carry Weight Woes? (and don't care about achievements)

Then console / "player.setav CarryWeight 15000" is for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

10 hours in . I love this game .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

One issue I have is why no vehicle ? Even a small bike yoke would do . Can be awful ponderous having walk around a planet some times .

Boost pack helps a lot with open world traversal, time it right and you should be able to get 2-3 "jumps" with a starter level pack which should cover a bit more distance than standard sprinting

Defo agree some sort of transport would have been cool

I'm feeling a bit better with the covid so played a bit more and I'm loving it. I successfully negotiated with the bank robbing gang. Not by luck but by loading a auto save and then playing through until I walk up to the com and made a save and kept reloading until I done the correct combination. Admittedly it took many try's but got there in the end.

When thing I don't like is the tasks needed to be done before you can upgrade. I was running around the map just so I could add more carry weight. I'm nearly at the max. I got fed up running around and said I'll end up doing that naturally. So I have roughly 1000 meters to run while carry a decent amount and I can then unlock the full carry weight.

I liked Akila City felt more like a Fallout city area. I died for the first time out side that city when you go through the gang area. I actually died twice there.

Right I'm spamming the sh*t out of the thread. But anyway does anyone know how you eat food in this game? I said I would eat food to save on med packs but my health never rose and I ate a few things. Did I do something wrong?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

You just select the consumable from your inventory and it will be consumed and should be removed from the inventory. A lot of the small food items only restore a very small amount of HP so maybe you're just not noticing it increase?

I'm really enjoying the game. I spent four hours completing the first quest before I arrived at New Atlantis, I find myself getting sidetracked exploring every nook and cranny. It's like Fallout in space to me the way the game feel and plays, but I'm also getting the same sort of vibe I got when I first played KOTOR all those years ago.

Also, no crashes or bugs that I've noticed so far.

If any of you come across Spacers, make sure you loot all of the bodies - you need to find a memo titled "Secret Outpost".

Then prepare for one of the best side stories which will give you some seriously cool rewards 😉

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is that

the planet with all the plants? And dead bodies everywhere?

Nope, I don't want to give too much away because it's a brilliant quest when you follow the lead. You can encounter spacers anywhere and it's just a case of being in luck to grab this memo if they have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Had a random fun event.

Was on a planet exploring.

Saw a ship land down by some outpost.

Hear gunfire.

Sneak on over.

Ecyplise mercs killed everyone.

I kill mercs, loot bodies.

Steal high quality ship.

Great success.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jaysus the woman follower is very judgemental, " have enough junk there? or shall we gather some more ?" 😂😂

I initially thought she'd be a romance interest but the more time I spend with her Id take the annoying fan instead. Tried to do a glitch to get free weapons in the well on Atlantis - basically you pick up a big standard waste bin and should be able to use it (and the physics) to guide a weapon off the shelf and out the door of the gunsmith where you can pick it up.

I lifted the bin off the ground (no weapons and no aggro from anyone) and suddenly 40 red markers appeared - "I'm not going to help you kill all these people!" she shrieked and that was that. All I could do was laugh and reload, she staying on the ship next time I go there 🤣

I'm loving the dialog options as well, the 2nd entry always seems to be some cheesy action bad ass line. Was helping someone tracing a power "brown out" last night in the well, one thing led to another and she had a tense standoff with the trade person. She said something like "I don't know what she's capable of she could come back with a gun or mercs". I replied "I won't fire the first bullet but I will fire the last" and there was a brilliantly out awkward pause before she said "that might be a small dramatic" 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

No idea. I use Rivatuner OSD most of the time since you can also see where your bottleneck is but you can set Steam to show FPS in the overlay if you're playing it from there.

The carry limit is annoyingly low. I have maxed it out and it's still far too low. I just walked out of a venders place after selling all the gear I wanted and kept the stuff I think will be useful.(guns and such) and I'm still over loaded. So you can only imagine how overloaded I do be when I'm finished either a raid or a mission.

I also go into a fight with three ships. At one stage I manged to destroy two of them and then I blew up on the third. Other attempts I may blow up one ship and then I blow up. In the end I got fed up and said I will come back to these again. Another ship wanted to race me but I replied I will hardly beat you with this ship they replied come back when you upgrade or some such.

• Advertisement

Make sure you are using targetting mode if you have it unlocked (A to select then X to enter a VATS style interface showing the various ship parts). You want to blow the shield generators out firstly and then the engines, lasers to melt shield and ballistic/rockets to hammer them when it's down).

Advertisement