Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2023 **No Ticket Sales / Requests ** - It'll be grand

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Genghis

TCM at Survivor were glorious. Much better than Salty Dog, singer better but also sound was much better too. Thanks @Mucker46 for posting the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Great to see you at beach boys unfortunately you missed the photo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Paolo Nutini was brutal, the remixes of his older songs are terrible. It's really disappointing and would probably be better if he didn't play them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

IDLES have saved this weekends festival,what an absolute amazing performance,from beginning to end Joe Talbot was unreal!!!

It was unreal and even though had to leave simple kid for it was the right decision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Joe even said “hello county Laois” (and pronounced it bang on)!!😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Passed by klf shirt person leaving salty dog at 11:59, only realised when they were in distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Apologies all, Idles have stolen the weekend. Pack your sh1t up and head to your designated car park. See you all next year!

Snarky Snark Snark

Listened to them for a few songs. Just don’t get it. Like a beefier royal blood (don’t gettem either)

against better judgement I made the mistake of going in front side of the barrier bisecting the main stage crowd for Fred again to give him a go. Never ever ever again.

Post edited by scruff monkey on

Idles were amazing literally from start to finish, but I'm keeping Johnny Marr in my best of EP23 position, such a legend.

Loved TCM today too, enjoyed beach boy Tribute & meeting ye all, also liked Mik Pyro and the very small bit of Simple Kid I got. Onion Boys looked like fun but I was beat and made for home after 3 songs. All in all a great day, ready again for tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Fred again set was better than Glasto but the crowd weren't great. Everyone around me kept talking and had to move twice

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rye Bread

Really let down by Fred Again's set. Big fan of his actual tracks, the button bashing was awful. Johnny Marr one of the best sets I've ever witnessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pedrozeno

Yeah, Fred Again wasn't really doing it for me so left after 4 songs.

Johnny Marr was excellent.

The Last Dinner Party were my highlight yesterday. They're going to be massive.

Snarky Snark Snark

All right, people, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal’s a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I love the corps!

have had my morning arse exorcism, have two coffees and am sat on moon chair at tent in the glorious sun listening to last nights Craig Charles soul and funk show on my Bluetooth speaker which was a doddle to get in.

the day will commence with Mr Broudie and his tunes.

What's everyone's plan for today? I might go see the early choirs, a bit of Rick and Confidence Man. Anything else a bonus

Gurriers to start, some throwback with Lightning Seeds and Rick, some new for me with Ethel and Amyl and if the body can last close out with Sprints. Plus lots in between

Snarky Snark Snark

Similar. Not seen killers before so have them on list.

the body lasting is a concern. Dug out the strong ibuprofen this morning to go with breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Dutchy

Ffs go cashless they said, be grand they said. Let's hope the good folk in aib work on a sunny Sunday otherwise I'll be dishing out handjobs for Saba.

Marr and ham sambo my highlights from yesterday. Kicking off today with May Kay and her crew at 5

David o Doherty says at the start of his act to lower your expectations, as you will enjoy it more. This is certainly the case for EP this year - wasn't buzzing on the run up to it (poor headliners) but am having an absolute blast (hence over use of bank card and subsequent blocking of same)

Take care

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Nutini got 2 out of 5 in the Irish times review.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭Charlie

Suprised to hear others mixed reports on Fred Again. Thought he blew the socks off it and one of the best acts I’ve ever seen on that Main Stage.

Its hard to understate just how much a difference the weather can make. Every part of yesterday felt glorious with that sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

2 stars was generous of them.

I enjoyed it. Much more dancy than his Glasto set. Only complaint I had was the crowd not getting into it where I was and he finished 5-10 minutes early

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

My calf muscles are getting it tight today! So much walking done!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I've a complaint you can't be saying only complaint and have an and in there this is quite simply two complaints!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Some amount of 15 year olds on site. Hunz and headz every which way but loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kennytheboy

Confidence man followed by overmono. Gonna be a good day.

Snarky Snark Snark

Am thinking of a bushmills and then hitting the shower.

i’m going to be bringing home most of the beer I brought with me (12 tins), I am a very cheap date as d’other half keeps reminding me.

Bringing the kids in with me today, hoping to be back on my own steam for Jinx Lennon, Confidence Man, Hothouse Flowers and try to bilocate between Amyl and the Sniffers and Killers.

Prior to evening I will be trying to see some Lightning Seeds, FLA and Rick Astley. These sets will depend on the wavering interest of a 12 and 11 year old.

Day 3, I'm yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Enjoy Confidence Man, ladies and gentlemen.. Such a great live act!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

I think those main stage screens make a huge difference for his performance.

Advertisement