Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,607 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Shibita using google translate is such good gimmick.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wasnt expecting Danielson back but should be a great match, overall the Chicago crowd were fine just a few CM Punk chants at the start, Did notice Cash doing the Punk Pose when he walked out. Decent collision overall and helped build up tomorrows PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I've been floored for most of the weekend, so just woke up to the news.......

Firstly, that non wrestler witness account was pretty damning. It was time to go.

I'll always remain a Punk fan, but look at him when he debuted compared to how he looks now, and you can tell being there has taken an immense toll. I'm actually delighted in a way for him that he's out of there.

Lastly, knowing what know about Phil, I can only imagine what he's thinking right now. All over Jungle Boy, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I'd say Dave will be occupying a huge amout of brain real estate for him too.Rule of thumb for me with Meltzer is if it's related to AEW he's pushing a narrative but if there is even a chance his non-wrestler account is true then Punk needs lots of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Punk/Omega and Punk/Dragon would have been great.........

It is all very dissapointing.

• Advertisement

A read of twitter this morning the Punk stans haven't taken it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭briany

I think WWE will take Punk back for a limited run of dates. I would say that Triple H is fairly changed from when Punk left in 2014, and that they could reconcile at least enough to have a working relationship.

More importantly, it will be a money spinner if done correctly and would be a thumbing of the nose to AEW to say this is how CM Punk should be used (and handled).

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Even if it’s done right punk for all his talent doesn’t seem able to ignore people being snarky to him, so I don’t see how him going to back to wwe will work even in a limited run of dates. Until he figures out how to not screw things up it’s not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

To be honest if he goes to WWE he will mention his time in AEW on the mic, he just can’t help it and WWE don’t like to acknowledge other companies. They will have to know he will do that.

All the other backstage drama seems tiny compared to the nuke Punk brings. He just escalates everything to 11.

Just seen Cash throw up the X during Dax’s entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Davy05

I don't buy this narrative of Tony Khan being some babysitter who couldn't mind the kids correctly. These are all adults - grown men - so personal responsibility for your own actions is the only way i interpret all this.

In no work environment can you attack your colleagues over perceived slights in front of your manager, then lunge at the boss when he tries to break it up.

I'm a big fan of Punk the character, but appeasement clearly doesn't work with him. He had to walk, and no one to blame but himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭briany

We don't know how he'd be in WWE because he hasn't been back since he left. You're working off the assumption that anyone in WWE would take the jabs that Jungle Boy et al did, which may not happen.

The American Dragon is who that locker room needs as it's leader not a Punk type.

Danielson probably coming back a few weeks ahead of schedule just help the company and to keep Starks push going and not throwing a teenage hissy fit like Punk does and did.

Last week it was reported that Tony told his father if anything happened him he should turn to Danielson to run the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oh I think the WWE locker room on the whole is a fairly responsible one that doesn’t have some wrestlers acting like children and pretending everything is perfect so there won’t be any jibes on promos but punk doesn’t need an excuse it seems.

That locker room won't magically fix itself now that he's gone, I know that much at least.

Ace Steel in a nice limbo now he will never be used in AEW again and he is on a contract and has done nothing new to be fired again so he will get to continue to sit at home for the lenght of his contract doing nothing and getting nicely paid.

He owes Punk big.

Punk might go work in Japan for a few shows a year if the wrestling itch is still there.

Work a future Forbidden Door on the NJPW side down the road a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Not much sympathy out there for him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Ì don't think people are suggesting that Punk isn't responsible for his own actions or that he shouldn't have faced repurcussions for them.

I think that at the same point Tony is the boss of the company. I would expect any boss should be able to deal with conflict in the work place with his employees. There's a HR department and Talent Relations in place obviously but the tension between all these parties has been evident long before Brawl Out happened and again before Brawl In. We don't know if anything was done behind the scenes to quell any of this and clearly Punk is more challenging to deal with than your average employee but consistently it seems like little was done backstage to try and stop this from exploding into conflict.

The fight at All Out was the better example of this but had Tony come out and said very clearly that moving Colt Cabana was his decision (he did months after the fact) then things could have been different. Should Page and later Punk have been reprimanded for the shots they took unscripted and unapproved on the mic at each other? Maybe. The fact is there was red flags there that from what we can tell were ignored.

It's not Tony's fault that grown men couldn't get along or sit down and smooth **** out themselves but IMO he does share some blame for not making them sit down for the betterment of his business and to make a more healthy backstage environment. If you're in charge of a company then that stuff should be in your best interests and you doing it is part of the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

If you’re in charge of a company you can’t be friends or fans with your employees (Tony chanting CM Punk CM Punk at gorilla for example) and you shouldn’t put active talent in positions of power. Tony reads to read the death of wcw again.

I said this elsewhere; people keep sharing what Kingston and moxley said about Punk as if it was a legitimate shoot, which it wasn't. It's a work, anything said in those promos was agreed beforehand.

I like Hangman, he seems like a good guy, but he started this problem by going off script, and he did it as a locker room leader. People will say Punk went off script as well in his career, but I challenge anyone to give me an example where he did it pre AEW. For example anyone that believes the pipe bomb was a shoot is embarrassing themselves.

• Advertisement

I kind of hope Punk loses the plot in a deluded press release saying he is going to sue everyone and blames the entire locker room for it and he did nothing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Bryan face now, not in BCC? I'm guessing he was rushed back in place of Punk

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

AEW confirmed that Athena has been added to the "Zero Hour" pre-show. The ROH Women's Champion will team with Diamante and Mercedes Martinez to take on Skye Blue, Hikaru Shida, and Willow Nightingale. The pre-show will also feature an Overbudget Battle Royale, with the winner being allowed to donate $50,000 to a charity of their choice. Elsewhere, Billy Gunn and The Acclaimed will defend the AEW World Trios Championship against Jeff Jarrett, Jay Lethal, and Satnam Singh — and Dennis Rodman will be in the former team's corner.

Source Wrestling Inc

Billy Starkz mustn't have gotten cleared in time that a pity for her and Athena.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder who the discipline committee consists of.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,782 ✭✭✭hynesie08

A bunch of nobodies in production making it increasingly clear they won't put the show on as long as Punk is still there.

Lol.

CM Punk

“Let’s be honest Jungle Boy doesn’t rub anyone the wrong way. If you’ve got a problem with Jungle Boy. Chances are you're the problem”

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Advertisement